SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

@sjcam_official
My directly from sjcamhd preordered sj5000x elite is still on the way to germany.
Some questions in advance:
Can i fix this described volume issue by myself repairing something on micro, or later via software by a firmware update, or could it not fixed by myself?
How to solve the yellow issue problem, can it do by later firmware version?
What is the difference (in Hardware ) between the first 100pc and the next one of sold 2000pc, what is happened inproduction of first margin? Only 100 pc, not all preordered cams shipping in first week? I think you shipped only first day more than 100pc.
What shipping dates (which days) of sj preordered elite do have effect of the low audio issue?
Mine was shipped on 12.11.2015 with #1011, have that version this problems? So i can ship it back immediately without opening and you send me a new one, what would take a long time for me shipping from and the new one to germany?
Do you mean i can solve problems by myself?
What shall i do now, for my money i want a functioning cam!
LG Gente

Last edited:
yes, audios is not a big deal for most of our action cam users. I think the volume issue was most of the first units shipped out 2 weeks ago.

Some units also had v1.1.

We resumed shipping the units with fixed volume last night.

What version number has the new and fixed version of the SJ5000x Elite? Also V1.1?
Or how can you recognize a version with the changed audi/volume?

If you already received your order then it is from the first batch. We only started shipping the 2nd batch out 2-3 nights ago.

@sjcam_official
My directly from sjcamhd preordered sj5000x elite is still on the way to germany.
Some questions in advance:
Can i fix this described volume issue by myself repairing something on micro, or later via software by a firmware update, or could it not fixed by myself?
How to solve the yellow issue problem, can it do by later firmware version?
What is the difference (in Hardware ) between the first 100pc and the next one of sold 2000pc, what is happened inproduction of first margin? Only 100 pc, not all preordered cams shipping in first week? I think you shipped only first day more than 100pc.
What shipping dates (which days) of sj preordered elite do have effect of the low audio issue?
Mine was shipped on 12.11.2015 with #1011, have that version this problems? So i can ship it back immediately without opening and you send me a new one, what would take a long time for me shipping from and the new one to germany?
Do you mean i can solve problems by myself?
What shall i do now, for my money i want a functioning cam!
LG Gente

Hello Gente, the Volume audio is not an issue for most action cam users as they are doing action. If you receive you camera, you can compare it to our raw footage (I will take footage of the Current batch of SJ5000x Elite).

If you hear a difference you can send it back for replacement.

I am not sure the exact numbers of the units that were shipped but we stopped shipments early on.

Feel free to visit us on the SJCAM forums here: SJCAM Forums

Thanks!

Hello Gente, the Volume audio is not an issue for most action cam users as they are doing action. If you receive you camera, you can compare it to our raw footage (I will take footage of the Current batch of SJ5000x Elite).

If you hear a difference you can send it back for replacement.

I am not sure the exact numbers of the units that were shipped but we stopped shipments early on.

Feel free to visit us on the SJCAM forums here: SJCAM Forums

Thanks!
Audio is not the main problem for me, the yellowish on the footages with low light are the problem. Can you fix this via firmware, what do you mean?
Footage of current batch where to find?

but we stopped shipments early on.
You have a serious issue in quality control.
1st you had SJ4000+ that stopped shipping after the first batch.
2nd you now have SJ5000 Elite that stopped shipping their first batch.

Does that mean people can return faulty products from the first batch directly to you or a retailer, no questions asked?

This leads to a conclusion that people buying product from SJCAM as early adopters are making a mistake, because you never manage to do it first time right.
And then you people complain about reviewers that we review "outdated" models and ALWAYS have an excuse on why the camera is not working the way it should.
Most friendly advice : stop printing cameras, start producing real products. I would rather have 1 SJCAM camera a year that would manage to justify the SJCAM reputation you gained with SJ4000.
I understand your priority is sale volumes and not customer loyalty and satisfaction, but in my opinion in the long run it would not make sense.

Edit : I am also aware some of you here will call me a hypocrite that is reviewing SJCAM cameras but at the same time openly criticizes them. My intention is not to criticize. My intention is to point out to mistakes and try to give an advice. I also want better product as a customer.
And no, I am not criticizing SJCAM only. As the matter a fact, comparing them to some other brands they are 20x better. But the sad thing is that they can IMPROVE A LOT. That would bring them more customers and bring us, action cam addicts better products to use.
So, I have nothing against SJCAM, I am just giving my point of view. Perhaps my way is a bit harsh for someone, but its the way I think and talk. Sorry.
In case SJCAM representatives ask why I am doing this publicly? Its because public discussion will bring more ideas and suggestions and ultimately involve more people.

Last edited:
understood. We are improving by the day!

Drop by the SJCAM Forums when you get a chance :)

We have a new series coming out and I am working with the head of the factory directly to get smoother releases. Also, SJ5000x Elite firmware updates.

Thx!

Yellowish images: looks like 1.1S has improved, but maybe some firmware upgrade may tune it up a bit more.

Yellowish images: looks like 1.1S has improved, but maybe some firmware upgrade may tune it up a bit more.
Good for you.
It didn't work for me.
Could you explain me the procedure you followed to update the firmware?
I just copied the .bin file (more or less 3Mb file) in the root of the sd (fat 32), switched the cam off, and then on.
The screen was black and the leds were flashing, after a couple of seconds, the cam was started.

Did you do in a different manner?
Thanks

I just copied the .bin file (more or less 3Mb file) in the root of the sd (fat 32), switched the cam off, and then on.
The screen was black and the leds were flashing, after a couple of seconds, the cam was started.

that's the normal process

Good for you.
It didn't work for me.
Could you explain me the procedure you followed to update the firmware?

Did you do in a different manner?
Thanks

In my case I copied the .bin to the root, switched off and on again. It blinked for maybe a couple of minutes and then it was upgraded to 1.1S

In my case I copied the .bin to the root, switched off and on again. It blinked for maybe a couple of minutes and then it was upgraded to 1.1S
that's it, then I did it right, but yet no improvements.

understood. We are improving by the day!

Drop by the SJCAM Forums when you get a chance :)

We have a new series coming out and I am working with the head of the factory directly to get smoother releases. Also, SJ5000x Elite firmware updates.

Thx!
Hi

I received my SJ 5000x Elite camera in Australia today. Perfectly packed and looking good out of the box.

It was from the first shipped batch ordered on 12/11/2015 order #1055.

Then the problem. NO SOUND at all.

No beeps, no sound on recorded video, Nothing.

I upgraded the firmware to see if this would fix the problem out of the box but no change so the camera is dead on arrival sound wise.

NOT HAPPY.

I am communicating via this forum as I am unable to log in to the SJCAM forum as it does not recognise my password as valid any more despite a reset.

My user name is MikeE and my email is on file with SJCAMHD

This has been a very disappointing experience with buggy product, buggy quality control and sub standard website.

Please let me know how you can fix this problem please.

MikeE

Hi

I received my SJ 5000x Elite camera in Australia today. Perfectly packed and looking good out of the box.

It was from the first shipped batch ordered on 12/11/2015 order #1055.

Then the problem. NO SOUND at all.

No beeps, no sound on recorded video, Nothing.

I upgraded the firmware to see if this would fix the problem out of the box but no change so the camera is dead on arrival sound wise.

NOT HAPPY.

I am communicating via this forum as I am unable to log in to the SJCAM forum as it does not recognise my password as valid any more despite a reset.

My user name is MikeE and my email is on file with SJCAMHD

This has been a very disappointing experience with buggy product, buggy quality control and sub standard website.

Please let me know how you can fix this problem please.

MikeE

Mail directly to
sales@sjcamhd.com
support@sjcamhd.com

No beeps, no sound on recorded video
...that the elite has weak audio sound we often here it, but no sound you are the first costumer.
You looked at settings where you can adjust volume, take the highest value you can.

...that the elite has weak audio sound we often here it, but no sound you are the first costumer.
You looked at settings where you can adjust volume, take the highest value you can.

I have tried all Volume levels and audio is set to on.

The beep sounds work faintly so the speaker must be working.

I suspect the microphone or audio recording circuitry is defective.

It is frustrating that I can not log into the the official SJCam forum with this information as it rejects my password despite several resets and password changes.

If return of the camera for replacement from the later batch is approved, perhaps they will allow camera only to be sent to keep postage size and cost down.

...have you to pay taxes for received shipping?
So you also have to pay taxes for a new one!
That will make about 70 dollars for both shippings. That wouldmake the sj5000x elite to an expensive action cam for about 240 dollars.
Many users have problems with weak audio and the yellowish problem. I mean yellowish could be solving via firmware but audio for me is a hardware problem.
Therefore i wrote in SJcam forum a inquiry how the manufacturer wants to handle that abuse of their action cams, because of financial overspending, specialy for not chinese costumers. Here is the link to that complaint:
https://sjcamhd.com/forums/topic/sj5000x-elite/page/3/#post-7363

Back