SJCAM SJ5000x Elite Sony IMX078 2k Gyro Action Cam - Releasing Soon

Yes, our server is in the USA.

How many seconds does it take for site to load in Europe?

Also, where are the bugs you found?

Today looks faster, a couple of seconds to load the page.

When I go to the SJ5000 forum the title gest "cut". Will post a screenshot asap

Today looks faster, a couple of seconds to load the page.

When I go to the SJ5000 forum the title gest "cut". Will post a screenshot asap

The flaw is minor, really...

Attachments

• new forum.png
    new forum.png
    114 KB · Views: 11
And i think a big thing is that al the firmware are missing. You can not download them any more :( And i need new firmware for my SJ4000 Wifi

Will post some sample video soon today for everyone to see. Quick question though, I can't seem to play the videos on my phone? I'm on a Samsung s5 and it downloads, but my video player doesn't support it and I've tried several. Any suggestions? Pictures work fine but videos don't.

Will post some sample video soon today for everyone to see. Quick question though, I can't seem to play the videos on my phone? I'm on a Samsung s5 and it downloads, but my video player doesn't support it and I've tried several. Any suggestions? Pictures work fine but videos don't.

what res are the videos you're trying to play?

what res are the videos you're trying to play?

1080p 60fps on my phone via the sjcam zone app. It worked on my friends iphone (saves in the gallery) also saves in my gallery but no video player seems to support the file. I've tried the default video player, mx player, and vlc media player.

Uploading sample 4k and 1080p 60fps video now links soon.

Still couldn't get playback to work on my phone unfortunately. Tried many different resolutions. Hopefully it's just an app or firmware bug.

Here is a short video clip. Uploaded the file directly from the cam to youtube.

I will have some timelapses soon. (Waiting for a good sunrise/sunset to post one!)

My comparison with Xiaomi Yi camere, sorry for the poor quality.

...first i have also an xiaomi yi and i preordered a SJ5000X elite. But i am still waiting on it, shipping to germany would sometimes need a long time (about 3 weeks).
The sj5000 records with more sharpness and true colors.
The exposure settings could be tuned on both cams: xiaomi looks overexposured, can see on clouds and SJ5000 changes to quick not smoothly enough for my opinion.
Here is same like on my xiaomi: the red for example is not really true red and with sharpness in wide i am despite with lens refocussed not happy.
Believe me I've tested everything with scripts: coring.txt, no noise reduction, vibrance, saturation and i record with 35mbits but sharpness and colors could be better.
But the price is unbeatable.
But why is the SJ5000 not so stable despite of gyro?
Ok, it also depends on the settings of each camera as you can improve a lot!
The SJ5000x is a new one and it would give many firmware updates to improve mistakes.
I also heard the audio seems not very good with standard adjustments, but this is second-rate for me and the most action cam users.
I hope i can test my SJ5000x soon.
LG
gente

Last edited:
Updated to latest firmware V1.1, tested on audio / sound recorded, still very very weak and unacceptable. Also discovered that if u set Gyro On, u may not able to record at 170 FOV.

It turns out that the first 100pc batch may have had an issue with the hardware.

We halted shipments and this latest batch has improved audio.

You can send your unit back if you received the first batch with firmware version V1.0s.

The second version was improved. Please contact us or your reseller directly.

Thanks!

Still couldn't get playback to work on my phone unfortunately. Tried many different resolutions. Hopefully it's just an app or firmware bug.

Here is a short video clip. Uploaded the file directly from the cam to youtube.

I will have some timelapses soon. (Waiting for a good sunrise/sunset to post one!)

Great video!

Regarding the phone App, it is currently being updated. There should be a new version of the SJCAM Zone up in Early December.

We have only heard 1-2 people complain about feedback but have relayed this to our team.

You can also post videos and support questions on the SJCAM Forum.

Great video!

Regarding the phone App, it is currently being updated. There should be a new version of the SJCAM Zone up in Early December.

We have only heard 1-2 people complain about feedback but have relayed this to our team.

You can also post videos and support questions on the SJCAM Forum.

Glad the company got the audio fixed. Nice, can't wait for the app to be updated. Thanks on the video, was just a quick backyard clip.

The audio on my camera is no big deal because I always put music over it. Was there any other issues with the 1.0 batch?

Thanks,

Evan

Glad the company got the audio fixed. Nice, can't wait for the app to be updated. Thanks on the video, was just a quick backyard clip.

The audio on my camera is no big deal because I always put music over it. Was there any other issues with the 1.0 batch?

Thanks,

Evan

yes, audios is not a big deal for most of our action cam users. I think the volume issue was most of the first units shipped out 2 weeks ago.

Some units also had v1.1.

We resumed shipping the units with fixed volume last night.

Hello

Just got mine.

Audio is not so good (muffled) but volume is right.

But I have a strong yellowish coloration for all indoors recordings. Is it so for everyone ?

I've upgraded to 1.1 but the problem is still there.

How do you register on the official forums ? I see no link...

Thanks

Paolo

SJCAM will now be ramping up production for the SJCAM SJ5000x Sony IMX078 "Elite Edition" Action camera. The only difference will be the sensor will be upgraded to the 16mp Sony IMX078 sensor.

Other features will almost be the same. There may be a few extra features yet to be revealed though.

Here is the SJ5000x Listing

Hi, I'm a diver, and I'd like to use the Polar Pro SwitchBlade 2.0 with the SJ5000X Elite Waterproof case. The only question is the SJ5000X Elite water proof case identical in dimensions to the Go Pro 3? This is bec the Polar Pro SwitchBlade 2.0 fits the Go Pro 3 waterproof case lens area, so the SJ5000X case must be the same in this area too.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hello

Just got mine.

Audio is not so good (muffled) but volume is right.

But I have a strong yellowish coloration for all indoors recordings. Is it so for everyone ?

I've upgraded to 1.1 but the problem is still there.

How do you register on the official forums ? I see no link...

Thanks

Paolo
I have the same "low audio" + "yellow" problem :(

Hi, I'm a diver, and I'd like to use the Polar Pro SwitchBlade 2.0 with the SJ5000X Elite Waterproof case. The only question is the SJ5000X Elite water proof case identical in dimensions to the Go Pro 3? This is bec the Polar Pro SwitchBlade 2.0 fits the Go Pro 3 waterproof case lens area, so the SJ5000X case must be the same in this area too.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
It will not fit a GoPro case as it has different measurements: 61×42.4×25 mm
You can use a GoPro 3/4 case with the Git2 camera which fit's perfectly as it has the same dimensions. Also on that you do not need a red lens as it has also an option for custom white balance in which you can adjust RED and BLUE levels manually to obtain the desired image reproduction.

Back