Nice :) i have high hopes for that SJ7 camera, look promising i think.

We will send out 1-2 tester / prototype units for the SJ7 Star. Please PM me (better yet email tony@sjcamhd.com) if you are an action cam expert and can provide constructive feedback on how to make firmware improvements, find bugs, and maybe even shoot nice footage & edit for youtube channels. If we receive more than 1-2 applicants, they winners will be drawn at random. No linking to affiliate programs other than SJCAMHD.com's for tester units.

I will mail tony feedback on the SJ6 too ? i assume you dont have a contact guy for each model out there.

I will mail tony feedback on the SJ6 too ? i assume you dont have a contact guy for each model out there.
I automatically applied for you..... First come, first serve :)

FYI

Attachments

• SJCAM-SJ7-STAR-TESTER.jpg
    SJCAM-SJ7-STAR-TESTER.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum. Waiting for the release of SJ7 so I can make myself a birthday present :)

Can you tell me why the SJ7 does not have a front display anymore? I mean why was the decision taken to drop it?

Thanks,
Andy

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum. Waiting for the release of SJ7 so I can make myself a birthday present :)

Can you tell me why the SJ7 does not have a front display anymore? I mean why was the decision taken to drop it?

Thanks,
Andy
Hello Andy,

As far as we remember the SJ7 never had a front display... The SJ6 Legend does though :)

Here is the SJ7 Star unboxing for those who were waiting:

Last edited:
SJ7 Native 4k vs Yi2:

I had preordered my SJ7 Star from banggood.com and they just marked it as shipped and even gave me the tracking number. Do they really have the SJ7 star in stock or am I going to recive the wrong product?

That sound weird indeed, my understanding was the SJ7 should not get released before some time next month.

Wondering if SJ8 will be like the yi 4K+ or if thats a price range SJCAM will not go to cuz i do think thats another pride level.

I had preordered my SJ7 Star from banggood.com and they just marked it as shipped and even gave me the tracking number. Do they really have the SJ7 star in stock or am I going to recive the wrong product?

they've been known to sell pre release test samples before so something may be on the way to you

Yi tech.is going head-to-head Gopro, 4k at 60 fps with the H2 and max.of 120 Mbps-I'll need a faster CPU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that camera might actually be the gopro killer we heard about so often.

Seem like gopro was in a hurry to get something out before X-mas, and so when with a older SOC

The H2 seem interesting at a glance, but i have yet to dig deep into it to see what it have on offer.

Yeah, that camera might actually be the gopro killer we heard about so often.

what ends up killing GoPro might be GoPro themselves they way they've been going lately, I think they hit their peak a while ago and without changing their business model they may struggle to stay relevant when these new players are getting better at what they do and at more consumer friendly prices

Yes at least their camera division, but they seem to be diversifying / branching out lately.

Just been looking for more SOC info, and the thing is too new.

But found some general info on the H3 SOC and :eek: daummmm 8K or if you want dual 4K/60 steams with EIS it seem :cool:

"
The H3 video SoC enables 8K Ultra HD H.264/AVC video at 30 frames per second, as well as multiple video streams with equivalent performance, including dual 4Kp60 sensor video capture.

8K videos played on large 8K displays provide a superior viewing experience to the end user, as pixels at this resolution are indistinguishable to the human eye at any reasonable distance. The combination of 8K video capture together with Ambarella’s advanced oversampling and image stabilization also enables higher video quality 4K video recording.

H3 includes a powerful multi-channel ISP for multi-sensor drone applications. Its 10-bit HEVC High Dynamic Range (HDR) video processing handles high-contrast and wide color range scenes. It also features Ambarella’s advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), capable of generating a smooth 4Kp60 video output under challenging conditions, including during high winds and with high degrees of rotation. The H3’s hardware de-warping engine supports wide-angle panoramic camera designs and fish-eye lenses."

Yes at least their camera division, but they seem to be diversifying / branching out lately.

Just been looking for more SOC info, and the thing is too new.

But found some general info on the H3 SOC and :eek: daummmm 8K or if you want dual 4K/60 steams with EIS it seem :cool:

"
The H3 video SoC enables 8K Ultra HD H.264/AVC video at 30 frames per second, as well as multiple video streams with equivalent performance, including dual 4Kp60 sensor video capture.

8K videos played on large 8K displays provide a superior viewing experience to the end user, as pixels at this resolution are indistinguishable to the human eye at any reasonable distance. The combination of 8K video capture together with Ambarella’s advanced oversampling and image stabilization also enables higher video quality 4K video recording.

H3 includes a powerful multi-channel ISP for multi-sensor drone applications. Its 10-bit HEVC High Dynamic Range (HDR) video processing handles high-contrast and wide color range scenes. It also features Ambarella’s advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), capable of generating a smooth 4Kp60 video output under challenging conditions, including during high winds and with high degrees of rotation. The H3’s hardware de-warping engine supports wide-angle panoramic camera designs and fish-eye lenses."

H2 has been released for about two years I believe and yet nobody has used it...That should say a lot.

Also the price of that chip will be very high.

I think its the H1 you think off, and thats true it is old, but the H22 and H3 have just been announced and will be showcased in private on CES 2017

Jan 5, 2017
Ambarella Introduces 8K Ultra HD SoCs for Virtual Reality and Drone Cameras
SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 5, 2017 -- Ambarella, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMBA), a leading developer of low-power, HD and Ultra HD video processing semiconductors, today introduced the H3 System-on-Chip (SoC) for high-end drones and a new generation of video cameras, including 360-degree and virtual reality cameras. The H3 video SoC enables 8K Ultra HD H.264/AVC video at 30 frames per second, as well as multiple video streams with equivalent performance, including 360-degree cameras with dual 4KP60 sensor video capture.

Jan 5, 2017
Ambarella Introduces H22, a 4K Ultra HD SoC for the Next Generation of Drones and Sports Cameras
SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 5, 2017 -- Ambarella, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMBA), a leading developer of low-power, HD and Ultra HD video processing semiconductors, today introduced the H22 System-on-Chip (SoC) targeting a new generation of 4K drones and sports cameras with leading-edge video features.

Okay i can see H2 is also mentioned a year ago, so it must just be the H22 thats new.

Jan 6, 2016
Ambarella Introduces Low Power 4K Ultra HD SoCs for Sports and Flying Cameras
SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 6, 2016 -- Ambarella, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMBA), a leading developer of low-power, HD and Ultra HD video processing semiconductors, today introduced the H2 and H12 camera System-on-Chips (SoC) for a new generation of sports and flying cameras. H2 targets high-end camera models with 4K Ultra HD H.265/HEVC video at 60 frames per second and 4K AVC video at 120 frames per second. These high frame rates deliver smooth video during fast action shots and slow motion playback.

So i think maybe the 4K+ is using the old H2 stock as they have not been able to offload it anywhere, at least not to my knowlege.

H2 has been released for about two years I believe and yet nobody has used it...That should say a lot.

Also the price of that chip will be very high.

to be fair it takes two to three years after they announce a chip before the proposed functionality happens and it's stable enough to use

What the new H3 offer up i cant see anyone use anytime soon, but now it is there and people with money to burn can start making plans. :)

Back