SLC Memory.

mac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S, X100FHD, LB100; Mobius-C2 (x3), Mini 0803, HDR-AS30V
Seems like the way to go for dashcam applications. Which specific cards have you used?

With whom are you directing this to?

It's a public forum.

I remember the good old days when you got indivdual memory ICs to expand the memory of the Amiga, and photos you made 36 at the time in a dark room with a red light and a lovely smell of cemicals.

I am using sandisk - lexar - kingston, and never had any issues woth those in any form of device accepting SD cards.

I had the double ROM chips for the A500 - I miss those days!

Samsung and Transcend have a good reputation for dashcams - I've got a couple of Sandisk cards as well and they've been fine for me so far but others have had issues.

I think the most important question is what Dashcam are you using and then you can get recommendations from there around compatibility?

I remember reading that SLC vs MLC Memory longevity isn't as dramatically different as it was in the past. (can't find the artical I read)

The SLC / MLC argument is more for SSDs. If you wanted an industrial SD card it would cost much more than the camera.

Brands like Samsung, Transcend and Sandisk all have good warranties behind them - just Sandisk don't play nice with some dashcams.

I pay a max of £0.50 per gigabyte - the Samsung Evo 32GB cards I got were around £11. Just format the cards regularly to keep the filesystem clean and don't remove them from your pc or Mac without ejecting properly first. If you don't the filesystem will get hosed and you'll have an unhappy dashcam.

Back