Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

Well, the earlier f/w has a higher bitrate so the recording might be marginally better, but the point I was trying to make is that it is an .ELF file which is used with the Direct USB program and a special "Burning" cable to flash the f/w.

A .BIN file is needed to flash the f/w otherwise. Mine is going to have to come apart at some point to repair the faulty USB connection (squeezing the plug didn't help), but I may not be keeping it so it might not be my problem.

It seems that my Givoe Mini 0801 has an internal SD slot too! I tought I had the GPS only version :D Unfortunately I lost the little ball bearing while disassembling it... I'm still trying to find it. But if I can't, do you know which size is it so I can get a new one?

Hmm maybe it is not that bad, once the screws are secured it doesn't move that much and I have more precision on the angle :D But still, if someone has it still disassembled, could they tell me the diameter of this little ball?

Today's update from E-Prance:

We've been positively communicate with the factory over these months,in the low speed card&storage IO error problem.the next TF cards are good for mini 0801 cameras than other TF cards:
1.TOSHIBA--class 4--8GB
2.KINGMAX--class 6--8GB/16GB/32GB
we'll update the information in product descriptions asap:)

We've been positively communicate with the factory over these months,in the low speed card&storage IO error problem.the next TF cards are good for mini 0801 cameras than other TF cards:
1.TOSHIBA--class 4--8GB

This is a solution or an invitation to chase our tails? If we trust this as a solution then why did the factory send out "good" Samsung cards that didn't work. Do they expect us to keep spending money to find the elusive answer?

I think the answer is to find a developer who realizes that this form factor/size is great and the powered mount is what people want, then have them, fill this shell with good components that work well together. It seems E-Prance the factory needs to start back at square one.

Last edited:
Does anyone has the 2013-10-26 firmware for GPS + internal memory?

MadJawa are you certain that is the firmware you require?

I ask because it states - Mini 0801 (GPS, no internal memory) in your signature.

Just asking.

Yeah I should update it. I disassembled it last night and found that I had an internal SD slot.

It seems like the latest firmware for the GPS+internal is 2013-09-22, does anyone has a link?

I think some User here wrote that he got 20131026 on his internal Memory version

It does work on mine but I can't select on which card I want to record :(

In both cases that was me.

I do not want to speak to soon because with my luck something always goes pear-shaped.

Hopefully I will be able to update you tomorrow - fingers crossed.

Hmm maybe it is not that bad, once the screws are secured it doesn't move that much and I have more precision on the angle :D But still, if someone has it still disassembled, could they tell me the diameter of this little ball?
P1020756.JPG

I'd say the ball is approx. 3.15mm

Ah awesome, thank you very much :)

Does anyone has the 2013-10-26 firmware for GPS + internal memory?

Hi MadJawa... I have a No GPS and No Internal memory 0801 and I havnt needed to upgrade firmware to internal memory version.

Once you put the card into the internal memory slot and reboot it should let you select it. ..... Mine does

1.TOSHIBA--class 4--8GB

I too have an email from e-prance.

Hi Steve,

so so so sorry, i will responsible for it.

we get a news from the factury today.

some DVR send back with the same problem of yours, and the factury use Toshiba

Class4 8G , and KMAX Classs 6 8G 、16G 、32G, they are all good now.

if you can try them?

Angel

Hi MadJawa... I have a No GPS and No Internal memory 0801 and I havnt needed to upgrade firmware to internal memory version.

Once you put the card into the internal memory slot and reboot it should let you select it. ..... Mine does
Hmm what firmware file did you use? I tried on 20131026 after rebooting and it still says "Card absent" after rebooting

Back