Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

20131026 ....maybe you never got the card seated properly perhaps?

I was really surprised it worked on mine, as I now have a working camera with a samsung 32GB class 10 in the internal socket :)

It works on 20130924 (internal memory version) so the card is properly seated. But I want to try 20131026 because G-sensor doesn't work on 0924. Was this the firmware you got when you received it?

It works on 20130924 (internal memory version) so the card is properly seated. But I want to try 20131026 because G-sensor doesn't work on 0924. Was this the firmware you got when you received it?

Camera arrived last week with 20131026 yes

So it seems there is two versions of this firmware. Too bad you don't have the .bin file :( Maybe it would be possible to get it with an OTG cable though. I saw a Upload option in Direct USB

Yeah saw that, too and I already tried the upload function but unfortunately I didn't get it to work

OK update on my camera No GPS No internal memory with samsung 32GB class 10 in external memory slot.

Was totally unusable due to "Low Speed Card" and "IO storage" errors, even before it got to the loop overwrite state.
Also failed to work with various other cards.

Now fully working by opening camera and placing very same samsung 32 GB class 10 card into internal memory socket.

Loop set to 5mins
recording video + audio
screen shut off after 1 min.
stamp set to date and time

Ran for 14 hours and it loops and writes over lowest file number succesfully.

Have stopped and started system dozens of times with no errors.

Shall now place it in vehicle and road test it for a few weeks, but I am very confident it will work OK.

Further Update.

Ran camera in Van today...... all good no errors.

Make 40 ish stop starts and camera stopped and restarted on all occasions

Was thinking about the email from e-prance today.

Hi Steve,

so so so sorry, i will responsible for it.

we get a news from the factury today.

some DVR send back with the same problem of yours, and the factury use Toshiba

Class4 8G , and KMAX Classs 6 8G 、16G 、32G, they are all good now.

if you can try them?

Angel​

Do we think that the Toshiba class 4 8 GB is recommended for internal memory...

And thus KMAX Class 6 8,16,32 GB are recommended for external slot?

Where do you find Kmax memory???

Edit ... ok its Kingsmax... understood now

Edit Edit....

They say TF card... but does that mean micro SD or SDHC or both?

Last edited:
Which, while we are on the subject of TF cards, has anyone done a speed comparison between the cards that are working in the cams vs those that are not, using something like CrystalDiskMark?

View attachment 2506
[E_PRANCE "Samsung 32GB CL10" as supplied with cam]

Yes.. I did extensive testing about 50 pages back, the best performance card for write speeds and reading were the Samsung cards, indeed I came across a couple of Samsung class 4 cards that out performed an unbranded junk class 10 card. I just use genuine Samsung class 6 cards.. work great, no issues at all. Though others have reported they still get issues regardless which card they use. :-(

Last edited:
Nope... same firmware it was supplied with.... 1026

That's good... :-) it obviously must check to see if internal memory is present, and ignore if not, probably same for GPS perhaps.

As I stated earlier, that first camera I took apart to repair the non working UP switch had no internal card inside, I looked specifically for one as I'd heard that some cams did have them fitted, I can only assume it depends on which factory made them, as obviously some fit them and some don't. So will check these other 2 I have when I get chance.

As I said, I think there are two different 20131026 firmware, because mine doesn't recognize my internal SD slot. And the firmware Givoe sent me explicitely contained "1CARD" in the name. So we need to find the "2CARD" version. I asked Givoe, I'll post the firmware here if I get it :)

Both I and jazjon posted links to the 1026 E-Prance firmware a few pages back, but as joklin has stated many times, Firmware versions can be hardware specific as camera's from different sellers may not have identical hardware specs inside, as they be sourced from different manufacturers in China. This is one of the things that's caused a bit of concern since day one, and I believe is also one of the reasons why some of these camera's work okay, and others don't.

Last edited:
Latest......

18:45 Dec 09,2013

icon_new.png

So you no need 10.26, I think the latest one now 10.26 fw. I not sure have Nov version.
    because factory seems not willing give fw to us >.<

• Me:

03:20 Dec 09,2013

I'll try it in case it's a different build of 1026. Hopefully you find a November or December firmware soon.

• GIVOE Lia:

02:29 Dec 09,2013

Dear Jon,
    I have 10.26 fw, but I heard 1026 work not very good, will cause some problem.
    Best wishes,
    Lia

02:26 Nov 20,2013

sure, I will.
    if I have news, I will tell you.

if you have problems about " low speed card" " IO error" "systerm freezed" " stop recording"

we suggest you choose the Toshiba Class4 8G and KMAX Class6 8G 、16G 、32G Micro SD card to have a try.

we received the defective mini0801 send back from customers, when we use these card, they becomes on good condition.

One factury recommend us to use these kind of SD card, the DVR with Ambarella Chip are have problems with SD card, the factury specializing in the production of all kinds of Micro SD card for Ambarella Chip DVR.

I guess I'll be the "guinea pig" for the JADO D169, as I'll be purchasing one from an eBay seller in a few days. We'll see how it compares to the E-PRANCE model of the 0801. I'll upload a test video to YouTube when this happens.

It's GPS+internal+external memory and is running without any problems on my amazon e-prance :D
Even G-Sensor works.

(Well I'm using just the kernel of that file bbut I think DSP microcode doesn't differ)

Back