Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

I'd prefer a 20131202 KPH firmware :p

My dashcam which was working has now died after 2 days use in the Van.

It now will not power on and just has a red LED when usb is plugged in... no blue at all. :(

Looks like it will be going back.

My dashcam which was working has now died after 2 days use in the Van.

It now will not power on and just has a red LED when usb is plugged in... no blue at all. :(

Looks like it will be going back.

I assume your've tried holding down the on-off for 20 secs or so to reset it, I also found that holding down the on-off with the OK button at the same time sometimes will bring it back to life, assuming it's a glitch, and not a fatal malfunction.

Last edited:
I assume your've tried holding down the on-off for 20 secs or so to reset it, I also found that holding down the on-off with the OK button at the same time sometimes will bring it back to life, assuming it's a glitch, and not a fatal malfunction.

yes tried all that Lunar... its a DODO

Which firmware were you on and where did you buy it?

Bests,
Beavis
It sounds like you're talking about drugs :p

My JADO is "in transit" according to the UPS tracker on eBay. It says it was last received at "SHENZHEN EMS" this morning, whatever that means.

Last edited:
The .MOV file is h.264 so just about any app should play it. Try VLC Player for Android.
Installed VLC player onto my android and whilst it shows all the files it won't play them. It recognises the stills that are in JPEG but the MOV video files won't play which is a bit annoying, any suggestions anyone ?
The message that is generated says "VLC encountered an error with this media. Please try refreshing the media library."
This of course does not work.

Has anyone found any app that will play mov files on android or do I need to convert them to a different format maybe ?

Installed VLC player onto my android and whilst it shows all the files it won't play them. It recognises the stills that are in JPEG but the MOV video files won't play which is a bit annoying, any suggestions anyone ?
The message that is generated says "VLC encountered an error with this media. Please try refreshing the media library."
This of course does not work.

I use MX Player Pro, and it plays the 0801 clips great on both my Samsung S2 phone and on my Nexus 7. Think there may be a free version. I've been using it quite a while, extremely stable, and I love quick easy way you can swipe up or down each side of the picture to change volume and brightness etc. Seems to play everything I throw at it, but mainly used for playing back my MP4 Film collection.

Last edited:
Not sure if you tried MxPlayer. I already used that one on my Wii.
And it works on my smartphone as well. It does support mov but I haven't tested it, yet.

As far as I know the VLC Android App is still in Beta stage so weirdness is kind of expected to happen.

Today I opened my unit and:
  1. Placed SanDisk 32GB Class 10 card in internal slot (unit had slot, but no card)
  2. Placed SanDisk 16GB Class 10 card in external slot
  3. Flashed with 20131202 firmware
  4. Formatted both internal & external cards
The unit is currently sitting on my desk recording video & audio of the sunset out my window to external card.

Did you get your Mini0801 from E-Prance?

Not sure if you tried MxPlayer. I already used that one on my Wii.
And it works on my smartphone as well. It does support mov but I haven't tested it, yet.

Think I stated that in post before your's...lol but yes MX Player works fine with .mov files as does the payed for version MX Player Pro, I sometimes use it for storing and playing back 0801 clips on my nexus-7 for times when I wish to show someone else when away from PC.

Note however that, that if your've updated your tablet or phone to version 4.4x MX Player and the Pro version have stopped working until the devs fix it, usually just a couple of days. Mine worked fine until I just updated the OS version to the latest...doh

The standard gallery movie player also plays the 0801 clips too, they do on my Nexus 7 anyway.

Last edited:
That restriction is a pain in the ass. None of my other apps do it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back