Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

My JADO D169 (Mini 0801) arrived from China today. Everything looks good so far, although I would like to know if it's possible to turn off the sounds/chimes while navigating through the menus as well as went the device starts up and turns off. Hearing that chime every time I start my car up would get annoying real fast. It says it's running on 20130925 firmware.

photo (3).JPG

If you don't hear that sound, it means your camera ain't working. I don't like the distraction of the blinking LED so mine is mounted behind my rear view mirror where I can't see it.

If you don't hear that sound, it means your camera ain't working. I don't like the distraction of the blinking LED so mine is mounted behind my rear view mirror where I can't see it.
It's working and the sounds are there, but that's what I'm trying to turn off. The chime when the cam starts up and shuts off.

it could certainly be updated, whether the hardware spec matches that of others for which firmware is available though is a guess at best, these are not all the same regardless of how they appear externally, if it's working fine otherwise I'd be inclined to maybe just put a bit of tape over the speaker holes to muffle it if it's really obnoxious

Thanks a lot, will add it :D
How did you get it? Rayman.chan wrote that it's not released, yet.

Tobi@s, any chance for the PHP script you promised to create a customised software with my own startup and shutdown logo + option to select chime on not?

Unfortunately I don't have a server which is powerful enough so I dropped(well let's say I paused it) the online based firmware modifying project. But you can always ask us to do the job in the custom firmware thread (linked in my signature)

Another issue with the JADO - the screen never turns off while recording. It just stays lit up the entire time.

Another issue with the JADO - the screen never turns off while recording. It just stays lit up the entire time.

that will be firmware related, perhaps the way they've set them up, I have noticed in China people tend to want the screen on constantly, I'm not sure why

that will be firmware related, perhaps the way they've set them up, I have noticed in China people tend to want the screen on constantly, I'm not sure why
Do you know where I can find firmware updates for the JADO?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back