Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

Well, the card filled up, and I switched of on & off a few times and it seemed to recycle fine (this was still inside, as didn't have a change to try in the car). Tried pressing the "lock" button and got the same results as before (i.e would stop and switch off with audio on, but be ok with audio off).

Have now formatted the card (in camera, which I had done before anyway) to clear it down, as have long drive tomorrow, and we see how it behaves with all the driving over Christmas.

Ian.

My camera has the same issue with a full card when using a Samsung Class6 16GB card (genuine) and a Sandisk 32GB Class10 (probably not genuine), audio switched on OR off, doesn't matter, even on the 20131202 firmware.
Although it has no problems whatsoever - and never had on any firmware - with a Kingston Class4 16GB card. A little bit of stuttering, but no stopping at all.
I also have an old Nokia 2GB microSD card, no class rating, there is not even stuttering with that, perfect, so this issue may be related to higher capacity cards (just a theory).

Bests,
Beavis

Here is E-prance response;

I checked with the factory, they have firmware to change the km/h

but they told us , they will not offer it to us.

for last month. they offer it to other seller. but brought bad result.

it cause over 20 buyer's 0801 dead , can't turn on again

so to be honest, i don't want you to update it. hope you know

I posted the 1126 fw from givoe lia before. That's their latest fw (GPS + internal memory) in kph.

Can't comment on stability/issues since I have not tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys is the firmware supposed to be a .bin file? I sent a request to eprance for the latest firmware and it was a .elf file and the camera doesn't do anything when I copy it to the root directory and plug it in.

Edit: Nevermind, I tried the file provided in the other topic: http://dl.madjawa.net/mini0801/firmwares/20131202-2cards.zip
and it updated the firmware. However now in the menu there are several options for GPS but my camera doesn't have GPS, I assume if I set the GPS setting to "close" then it will still work fine?

Last edited:
Could you send me the elf file? would love to feed IDA pro with it.

However now in the menu there are several options for GPS but my camera doesn't have GPS, I assume if I set the GPS setting to "close" then it will still work fine?

You could leave it set to On (Open?) The camera never has GPS - the GPS is in the mount, and the camera works fine if it is not found.

Well, the card filled up, and I switched of on & off a few times and it seemed to recycle fine (this was still inside, as didn't have a change to try in the car). Tried pressing the "lock" button and got the same results as before (i.e would stop and switch off with audio on, but be ok with audio off).

Have now formatted the card (in camera, which I had done before anyway) to clear it down, as have long drive tomorrow, and we see how it behaves with all the driving over Christmas.

Ian.

Back from the Christmas travels, card filled up, and recycled ok with plenty of restarts (apart from once when it shut down about 2 mins after starting, but may have been related to putting it into the mount after starting the car). But still shuts down after pressing the "lock" button.

I'm having issues upgrading firmware.
I have an 0801 with GPS and no internal memory.
I've updated it before successfully and it's at firmware: 20130924

I'd like to update to 20131202 or even 20131026 but my dashcam isn't recognizing it.
I've used my regular 32gig class 10 and even a 2gig one too.
Card is formatted in the dashcam, then the firmware placed in root of the microSD card. It's plugged into to power and still doesn't recognize the new firmware file.
Any ideas?

wrong filename I guess.
try "firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin"

wrong filename I guess.
try "firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin"

Yeah it's correct.
Just throw the bin file in the root right? not the actual .zip?
No idea why mine isn't detecting the firmware file.

The correct firmware filename depends on the version you are upgrading from.

I suggest you put two copies of the firmware into the root of the SSD card one with each these file names:

Firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin
Firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin

One or other should be correct.

The correct firmware filename depends on the version you are upgrading from.

I suggest you put two copies of the firmware into the root of the SSD card one with each these file names:

Firmware-NO1-SPI-TB15.bin
Firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin

One or other should be correct.

That worked! Thanks! Mine liked the SPI filename.

I guess I ****ed it up finally..
It always freezes after recording 1min 2sec/7sec.
I tried 1026 fw and latest fw. I formatted the card several times and tried other cards. I resetted it to default settings and tried different video resolutions. And most important: I tried 1 min loop, 3 min loop and 5 min loop..

I guess it's time to say good bye to the mini0801.

I guess I ****ed it up finally..
It always freezes after recording 1min 2sec/7sec.
I tried 1026 fw and latest fw. I formatted the card several times and tried other cards. I resetted it to default settings and tried different video resolutions. And most important: I tried 1 min loop, 3 min loop and 5 min loop..

I guess it's time to say good bye to the mini0801.

:eek::(

The last good firmware came from E-PRANCE so let's see what Demi comes back with.

Here is the rseponse from Givoe for now

• GIVOE Lia:

22:34 Dec 29,2013

icon_new.png

Dear Jon,
    I heard from steven, he said now too much fw, so not sure which fit,
    and our store, still keep let factory produce mph fw to us, so we only have 1126 mph fw.
    but if in the future, we have newest fw, we will share for you.
    Bye the way. New year come.
    Good luck and happiness, good health and prosperity, energy and good mood.
    Success in the New 2014!
    Lia

From E-PRANCE:

"Hey Jon, haven't see you for a long time. asked my manager, he said the new firmwarfe will come out 15 days latter.

it will have the MPH and KPH. Good news, right?

i will send you the new firmware when i get it.

Happy new year.

Demi

- e-prance"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back