Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

I sent my cam back to GIVOE. It arrives the 13/01 and waiting for them to collect it...
Lia doesn't work for them any more and it seems that if i didn't mail them directly, my cam would be lost.
Today, it's still not collected... I'm not happy with them...

Nuxator, if they make "Die Hard - The Early Years", you should aply for the part of the young Hans Gruber...

Ear to the ground, bit of inside info here and there, it all adds up, you should see them out before too long, a bit more limited than the A2 version though, I think that model suffered a bit with some of the factories that had access to it, manufacturer is being a bit more cautious this time around

Hi,
Had the same idee as you!
Working?
Regards

it's mostly the same, entry level A7 solution with hardware WDR, better CMOS and lens, the basics are much the same though

Do you have any more details relating to the new model? I purchased an 0801 a while ago, but returned it as it was faulty (g sensor marking every video as protected, gps did not lock for 1/2 hour). I would love to hear more about this newer version.

Got a mini0801 today, firmware 20140116 can change kmh/mph. ini0801+GPS+8GB e-prance.

Last edited:
I have two of these cameras and wanted to know, is there anything I can do about the poor audio quality? My car is fairly loud and all I can hear is crackling and distortion. Is is possible to improve this or are the cameras faulty?

I have two of this cam, where can I get the newer firmware 2014xxxx? The cam are from eprance

I have two of these cameras and wanted to know, is there anything I can do about the poor audio quality? My car is fairly loud and all I can hear is crackling and distortion. Is is possible to improve this or are the cameras faulty?

Dont know about 0801 but on few other dashcams I drilled a bigger microphone hole on body / case and it improved sound recording.

Dont know about 0801 but on few other dashcams I drilled a bigger microphone hole on body / case and it improved sound recording.

I'm assuming this would kill off any warranty I have with the cameras though?

Is there anything else that can be done or is poor audio at high volume just a hardware issue?

with the built-in 8gb version, how many minutes of recording will it last before it loops again? i'm just wondering if the 8gb internal memory is sufficient or get a bigger memory like 16gb or 32gb?

Hello just to let you know that Givoe is so slow for waranty replacement.
I send my cam the 02 January. They took a full month to collect the parcel.
And now since the 19 february, they send back to factory and i get no news.
Really unhappy!

...well: this might be the main disadvantage when you buy cheaper from China, instead of buying from European reseller; it is a risk that everybody is aware of when ordering...

This is the bootup/shutdown logo I'm using right now, thanks Tobi@s for your excellent firmware editor!

03___logo.jpg

Attachments

• 06___logo_off.jpg
    06___logo_off.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back