Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

Would anyone know what causes the firmware file to not be recognized by the camera?

I placed the latest custom firmware (1202, GPS, no internal + registration viewer) on my SD card but when I power on the cam it doesn't do anything.

I've already upgraded once from the stock 1026 to the standard 202 that was first posted upon release.

Sorry, but what do you mean by incorrect?

Seems to have been the filename. I tried several filenames from the main Mini 0801 FAQ to no avail. Just now renamed it to the filename of the last firmware I used which worked just fine. That did it!

Thanks for the input.

I try the lastest firmware to see ifit solves my problems (not auto start).
The problem seems cold related. Understand : when the cam is cold it does'nt start. When my car warm up, it starts if i hold the power button.

The latest firmware solve the only left sound. They finally changed sound to mono instead of stereo and only left sound!

@jokiin : the elf flashing is now on the faq. No need to search my post.

@jokiin : the elf flashing is now on the faq. No need to search my post.

no problem, I knew you had posted details previously, I haven't looked at the FAQ for this model but thanks for pointing out that it's there, will remember that for future reference :)

Hello, I hope this is the correct place to post this. My apologies if not.
Does anyone have a link to or a copy of the original 20131026 firmware for an E-Prance 0801 (No GPS, No INT Mem) please? which is what my 0801 came with. I dismantled the cam and checked... there is no int mem card slot.
I have successfully updated from the original 20131026 to 20131202 (with GPS , No Int Mem)... thanks to those who provided links, but I would like a copy of the original firmware so I can go back if required.
Another option would be firmware 20131202 (with No GPS, No Int Mem.) Any ideas?
Cam is working fine, I would just like backups... just in case.
One amusing thing... my cam records GPS data files to the gps folder since I updated the firmware but I don't have a GPS base :)
Thanks for any help

Is there a way to have the GPS coordinates on the screen without the speed?

I don't want the speed to be displayed but I would like to have the GPS coordinates...

Bests,
Beavis

Not possible with any yet released firmware

Is there a way to have the GPS coordinates on the screen without the speed?

I don't want the speed to be displayed but I would like to have the GPS coordinates...

Bests,
Beavis
Assuming you mean displayed on the recorded video, select the DRIVER NUMBER option under "STAMP" in 20131202. DRIVER NUMBER can be all blank spaces (default = 000000000).

Last edited:
Assuming you mean displayed on the recorded video, select the DRIVER NUMBER option under "STAMP" in 20131202. DRIVER NUMBER can be all blank spaces (default = 000000000).

Unless the manufacturer has changed in the latest 20131202 firmware, previous firmwares still show speed when you select Driver Number. I think it is a good idea to keep showing speed if people want to display other info (e.g. time, date, GPS location), this is to stop those boofheads from showing off them speeding in their YouTube video. I don't think people should worry about showing speed in their video if they stick to the legal speed limit.

Unless the manufacturer has changed in the latest 20131202 firmware, previous firmwares still show speed when you select Driver Number.
Works for me. Try it for yourself and see.

BTW, I took my cam apart to repair a bad solder connection on the USB jack and discovered that mine has the internal card slot. 20131202 2card version only uses 8GB of whatever card you put in there (I used a 16GB). It's kinda cool seeing the two volumes when I plug the cam into my PC even though only half of the card is being used.

EDIT: Here's a snapshot from a video clip. There is a lot to like in this version. I've blanked out the DRIVER NUMBER (which is the license number of the vehicle being driven.)pic.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone using a 1126 fw on GPS + internal memory?
Care to share how is it working for you?

Thanks.

I skipped that one but 1202 is working well for me. Like many people, I was getting the problem where it would stop recording after the first clip length time when the card was over half full. When I upgraded to 1202, I left it running over night and it was fine and started recycling. It seems to be going well in the car now as well.

Hi, just got a Mini 0801 (GPS no int memory) from EPRANCE on Amazon.co.uk (One of the ones fulfilled by Amazon) and a 32GB Samsung Class 6 card. Have read through this thread (wow it's long, took me over a week dipping into it), and thought I would share my experience so far.

The cam came with firmware 20131024 (I think), and seeing that 20131202 was out (and with the issues people seem to me having) I decided to upgrade to that. Followed the instructions and all went ok.

Don't know if I have the "looping / recycling" issue yet, as haven't got the card full enough for that. However in recording out of my windows this morning (trying to fill the card up) I have experienced the "locking file" issue that someone else has reported.

As I say, card is 32GB, and when the cam is not recording, with an empty card, it shows that its got somewhere over 5 hours space (can't remember exact). I have file split set at 1 min, and currently the GPS unit isn't attached, so power lead is going direct into cam. Started recording about 8am this morning, and every now and then I would check it was still ok, and sometime press the button to "lock" the currently recorded file. This was ok until about 10:50 (so card probably over 1/2 full), but when I did the "lock" then soon after I heard the shutdown beep. So I started the cam back up, and within a few secs I pressed the "lock" button, at about 1 min 30 the cam stopped recording, and then shut down 10 secs later. Having seen some users mention about turning audio off, I restarted the cam, turned audio off, and pressed the "lock" button, and after the 1 min 30 mark it carried on recording. I switched the cam off and then on, let it record for about 2 mins (with audio off), and then pressed the "lock" button, and it carried on recording fine.

So:

1. Press "lock" button soon after powering on, stops recording at about 1 min 30.
2. Press the "lock" button some mins after powering on, stops recording about 1 min later.
3. Press "lock" button soon after powering on with audio off and all seems to carry on ok.
4. Press the "lock" button some mins after powering on with audio off and all seems to carry on ok.

I have also (after recording for about 16 mins) with audio on, pressed the button to switch audio off, pressed the "lock" button, and it carried on recording fine, and then turned audio back on once the lock icon had gone from the screen.

I have noticed that the red record light on the screen, and the blue flashing light both seem to stutter / stay on for a few secs when the "lock" button is pressed, and just after the lock icon disappears from the screen, it's almost as though the cam is struggling to keep up when a file is first locked, and when the lock file is "saved" to the card.

By the way, this is using the supplied USB cable plugged into the mains via a iPhone charger.

Ian.

Motley crew/Gang,

Asking for advice, I was an early adopter to the 0801 and was able to return the camera for a full refund after experiencing some early adopter issues.

Been waiting on the sidelines, checking the boards from time to time, to jump back in the pool (shallow or deep?). However, I see the firmware & SD card failover (limited to windows app for desktop viewing gps data - sorry, I'm a Mac guy who tries to avoid firing up VM machines to run windows apps) probs appear to not be fully resolved.......right?

Has anyone tried the VICO WF-1 and the 0801 and knowing the VICO has no GPS (as a major con), which would you go for? The appeal of having direct iPhone integration access is candidly appealing to me for ease of use. However, the high cost isn't.

Is there anything else to know between the two that would help someone like me make the holiday decision on what's the better option for my wife and my cars?

Thx much!!
Jon

Well, the card filled up, and I switched of on & off a few times and it seemed to recycle fine (this was still inside, as didn't have a change to try in the car). Tried pressing the "lock" button and got the same results as before (i.e would stop and switch off with audio on, but be ok with audio off).

Have now formatted the card (in camera, which I had done before anyway) to clear it down, as have long drive tomorrow, and we see how it behaves with all the driving over Christmas.

Ian.

...discovered that mine has the internal card slot. 20131202 2card version only uses 8GB of whatever card you put in there (I used a 16GB)
I've re-thought this issue and I've come to the conclusion that, in the event of an accident, it would not be a good idea to turn over to the police a card that has recorded over 5 hours of my recent driving. TMI that could potentially be used against me...so it would be better to record full time to the internal card and copy the appropriate clips to the external if/when the need arises. The 8GB internal card is too limiting in that scenario. I'm thinking a 32GB internal and an 8GB or so external card would fill the bill.

So my question is, which 2card firmware supports a 32GB internal card?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pavlov Mini 0801 16
Back