Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

directly to distributors? so no stopping through you first??

We distribute them in Australia so they come to us in Sydney, and we ship to the retailers, other countries ship direct from China of course

I got ya, I got distributors and retailers mixed up.

A UBEC Model Aircraft module has been tested by BRK on Whirlpool Forums at my suggestion and he seems quite happy with it.

I've been using the UBEC (http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=209) in a jury-rigged form (12V plug from cigarette/power socket to UBEC to Female USB Type A socket, just twisted wires & insulation tape) for several weeks now, and have no noticeable issues at all with FM interference. The 12V plug has a power on/off button, so it's been easy to check the impact on FM interference while out and about. One of my preferred stations is a low transmit power local community station, which has been a good test case. Switching the UBEC on/off has revealed no audible impact on FM reception - to my ears at least!

Alas the 0803 I had fitted in the car has died, and is on it's way back to FoxOffer at present. I do have a second 0803 in our other car, and have verified the UBEC output (stable 5V 2A) was fine to power the 0803. At the moment I've been using it as a mobile phone charger for my Samsung S3, and the amps allow good battery charge rates.

So, to date I don't believe any extra suppression (clip on ferrites, etc) is necessary. I do however plan to fit 2 or 3 UBECs into a diecast case (and use cable glands to provide some cable strain relief), so I can power the dashcam, charge the phone, and have a spare USB power supply for the inevitable additional USB device that will no doubt spring up, e.g. MP3 player via FM transmitter - the joys of old car stereos :)

we start shipping to distributors next week
For Europen Union customers I will be accepting pre-orders early next week.

As soon as my stock is shipped from factory it usually takes 3-4 working days to arrive. Another 1 day customs, taxes, duty and other paperwork. Plus adding 1 day for final bench-test to have multiple PQ test before shipping to customers.

Those are my approximate timing calculations when SG9965GC can be posted from my side.

Regarding delivery time feedback from some customers that bought from me earlier:

To UK = 2 working days.
To Netherlands = 3-4 work days.

Overall within EU delivery time is 4-5 work days, depending on Zone. No tax, duty or delays in customs.

All packages sent next working day with online track and trace.

I just preordered one. Does the cigarette lighter plug do any voltage conversion? If I directly splice it into a switched 12v line (I am thinking of the one in my driver's side A column), would that install be correct?

I just preordered one. Does the cigarette lighter plug do any voltage conversion? If I directly splice it into a switched 12v line (I am thinking of the one in my driver's side A column), would that install be correct?
The lighter plug does the conversion to the 5V that the camera uses. You will need a direct wire kit that includes a 12V-5V converter with USB plug.

I will be using a 12V socket to 5-port USB converter so I will have some extra USB ports for cell phone and other accessories. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KFPXVOW

Getting my first dash cam after a nightmare court case because of an accident. Placed the order last night and can't wait to get it.

Even though this is my first post, I saw that many people really recommend this company and group, so I look forward to getting this product.

Getting my first dash cam after a nightmare court case because of an accident. Placed the order last night and can't wait to get it.

Even though this is my first post, I saw that many people really recommend this company and group, so I look forward to getting this product.

Welcome to the club!

its a pity it takes an event like this for a lot of people bother to invest in a dash cam.
its like insurance, you don't really need it until you REALLY NEED it, same with a dash cam. you pay more for insurance than a dash cam, so why not get a dash cam as well.

its a pity it takes an event like this for a lot of people bother to invest in a dash cam.
its like insurance, you don't really need it until you REALLY NEED it, same with a dash cam. you pay more for insurance than a dash cam, so why not get a dash cam as well.

The problem is there is still uncertainty whether you will have law on your side if you have to argue your case in court, even with the video evidence from your dash cam. I am not aware of any clear law to support dash cam video at this stage. Dash cam also only cover limited view angle (especially when most of us only run one dash cam facing the front).

The problem is there is still uncertainty whether you will have law on your side if you have to argue your case in court, even with the video evidence from your dash cam. I am not aware of any clear law to support dash cam video at this stage. Dash cam also only cover limited view angle (especially when most of us only run one dash cam facing the front).

it doesn't need to get to court though, with the average excess being $800 these days it's good not to have to pay it if there's any doubt about who might be at fault

I was hit from behind while waiting at a red light, not a big hit, about 1k damage to each car, even though the camera was front facing it still showed I was stationary, hadn't rolled back into the other car, hadn't braked suddenly to contribute to the cause of the accident etc, I also got on camera the other driver admitting fault, when you have all that there's no chance of the other party trying to shift blame, camera had GPS so I also had exact location, time etc so it made filling out paperwork easier as it wasn't something that needed to be thought about

The lighter plug does the conversion to the 5V that the camera uses. You will need a direct wire kit that includes a 12V-5V converter with USB plug.
I wonder how many people will not know this and hard wire to 12V and let the smoke out of the cam?

Back