Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Yeah it's handy now Dick Smith is so bad since Woolies took over. I didn't put up with it, I told him to serve people who actually bothered to come to the store first. Got a bit more attention after that.

yeah they seem to attract a certain type of worker, I've only been to maybe 4 or 5 of their stores in NSW and there's a certain lifelessness that the staff seem to all posses, maybe it's the effect of all the EMI from all the stuff they have going in the stores or the inane nature of selling 10c electronic scraps to tinkerers, they do have a certain feel about the stores though

It didn't start well when the first guy who was busy doing paper work asked me what I wanted and I went thru an explanation afterwhich he said, speak to these other blokes.... so I said why ask me what I wanted? That's like the cleaner answering the phone as he walks past. lol.

One of the reasons I stick with @jokiin & @Pier28 :)

I'm certainly impressed with the service so far and from what I can see the quality of the product is a considerable measure above the C1W I'm currently running. Not that that would be difficult but I can't complain about them for the price (I'm running one in each of 2 cars).

I run the DashCam side of the business for http://pier28.com and drive a Smart Car
He runs the Enterprise Technology Sales / Network Security Assessment & Consulting Services and drives the nicer car.
You do the math :)

Looks like you need to sell dash cams to their clients or to enterprises ;)

Looks like you need to sell dash cams to their clients or to enterprises ;)

I think it's time to retire my 5 yo smart car pretty soon. I'm looking at leasing a Ford Edge or Explorer after a successful SG9665GC launch :) I'll have enough room to install one of every product to demo in a bigger/wider cross over SUV. Gas prices are down and they seem to be a good value. I never thought I'd get an American car but Ford has come a long way. The test drive was fun, and windshield size was just right for a row of DashCams. We are relocating to Nevada and my current smart car won't be good for Lake Tahoe snow. It's amazing how much nicer the roads are in Nevada. They don't rob the gas tax money like California does. Every road is super smooth.

...by the time they ship, clear customs etc it will probably be 10 to 14 days before they're ready to go

So Pier28 will likely receive his initial batch mid-March, and all users (myself included) will receive them sometime late March?

I think it's time to retire my 5 yo smart car pretty soon. I'm looking at leasing a Ford Edge or Explorer after a successful SG9665GC launch :) I'll have enough room to install one of every product to demo in a bigger/wider cross over SUV. Gas prices are down and they seem to be a good value. I never thought I'd get an American car but Ford has come a long way. The test drive was fun, and windshield size was just right for a row of DashCams. We are relocating to Nevada and my current smart car won't be good for Lake Tahoe snow. It's amazing how much nicer the roads are in Nevada. They don't rob the gas tax money like California does. Every road is super smooth.
Just saw the post. If you're looking for an SUV, check out the Toyota Highlander as well. I had a friend get a brand new Explorer, and problems started two years in. Ended up getting rid of it and got a Pilot while his gf got a Highlander. Love the Toyota more than the Honda.

... and got a Pilot while his gf got a Highlander. Love the Toyota more than the Honda.

I'd vote for the Highlander having owned two of them since 2002. Both were tanks in that neither had anything break - just normal maintenance. The Pilot is a body on frame design and drives more like a truck whereas the Highlander is more 'car like' in ride and handling.

If you venture up there for god sake bring plenty of food ;)

I'd vote for the Highlander having owned two of them since 2002. Both were tanks in that neither had anything break - just normal maintenance. The Pilot is a body on frame design and drives more like a truck whereas the Highlander is more 'car like' in ride and handling.

Update: My 5 year old Smart Car was recently traded in and is now gone. It was a fun little thing but it was time to get a safer serious company vehicle. I went with a Ford Explorer black/black. I'll be installing one of every product soon so I can do some serious side by side testing Niko style. It's only slightly bigger than the Smart. ;)

Update: My 5 year old Smart Car was recently traded in and is now gone. It was a fun little thing but it was time to get a safer serious company vehicle. I went with a Ford Explorer black/black. I'll be installing one of every product soon so I can do some serious side by side testing Niko style. It's only slightly bigger than the Smart. ;)
Is it going to look like the Google camera car? ;)

wow..checked the site.. 289$...

Back