Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

it does have motion detect but the Panorama does it differently (and probably a bit better at it right now), it's something we'll be looking at improving on the GC though
Can you elaborate on how it is different and better? Thanks!

the Panorama pre buffers so if you have an event recorded you'll actually get a few seconds prior to the triggered event
Whereas the GC currently only records from the moment of motion detection?

Whereas the GC currently only records from the moment of motion detection?

there's no prebuffer, we pause rather than stop/start which is quicker than the traditional method but prebuffer gives you the few seconds leading up to the event which is obviously superior

there's no prebuffer, we pause rather than stop/start which is quicker than the traditional method but prebuffer gives you the few seconds leading up to the event which is obviously superior
With the prebuffer, is it constantly recording and erasing in order to have the prebuffer?

no, as the name implies it buffers constantly (in RAM) and will only write to memory if there's an event
How does that affect power consumption,vis a vis draining a car battery (or at least having the cut off kick in if installed)? are we talking hours, days, or weeks of prebuffeeing before cut off?

How does that affect power consumption,vis a vis draining a car battery (or at least having the cut off kick in if installed)? are we talking hours, days, or weeks of prebuffeeing before cut off?

doesn't use any more power to do it, same rules apply as far as battery drain, you'd expect a few days so you'd want to have either a power save device or be using the vehicle regularly

Hi jokiin, any news on any of the Sydney resellers now have stock for this cam? Cheers.

We literally just got them, not even entered into inventory yet, first orders go out later today, will probably take a while to filter out to all stores though as stores generally order beginning of the month (gives them longer to pay their accounts)

Which part of Sydney are you in?

We literally just got them, not even entered into inventory yet, first orders go out later today, will probably take a while to filter out to all stores though as stores generally order beginning of the month (gives them longer to pay their accounts)

Which part of Sydney are you in?

Oh OK, sorry to hassle you.

Anyway I live at Rockdale. I noted your office is at Chipping Norton, which is near Bankstown, not that far from my place.

doesn't use any more power to do it, same rules apply as far as battery drain, you'd expect a few days so you'd want to have either a power save device or be using the vehicle regularly
Got it. So to sum it up the difference is that the panorama will pull 5 Seconds of video from ram prior to the motion hike currently the gc will only record at starting from the motion detection,however the ram recording and 5 Seconds prior is something we can look forward to in a future firmware update to the gc.

Oh OK, sorry to hassle you.

Anyway I live at Rockdale. I noted your office is at Chipping Norton, which is near Bankstown, not that far from my place.

not a hassle

yeah not that far, closest we have to you is LS Audio, Forest road Hurstville (where the old Ambulance station was if you know that)

Edit: I should add LS Audio haven't got stock yet though

Got it. So to sum it up the difference is that the panorama will pull 5 Seconds of video from ram prior to the motion hike currently the gc will only record at starting from the motion detection,however the ram recording and 5 Seconds prior is something we can look forward to in a future firmware update to the gc.

we will look at improving this function in the SG9665GC, it's on the todo list already, prebuffer though is something that is being looked at, it hasn't been done on this platform before, if that's important to you now better to go with the SGZC12SG or SGZC12RC where this is already implimented

I have visions of you madly sending out this first batch and running out of stock before I get my crawlers on one. :(

I have visions of you madly sending out this first batch and running out of stock before I get my crawlers on one. :(

They're selling quicker than I thought, I have more stock sitting in our office in China ready to go, I left some as a buffer between production runs as it's a bit hard to predict at first what the uptake might be like

They're selling quicker than I thought, I have more stock sitting in our office in China ready to go, I left some as a buffer between production runs as it's a bit hard to predict at first what the uptake might be like

My order & payment is in so fingers crossed for first batch supply.... :rolleyes:

Back