Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

...I was helping paint my friends place a few hours ago.
(didn't wash the back of my right hand very well it seems) :oops:

You just moved from CA to NV and you're helping a friend paint? I would think you would have enough of your own work to do. :eek:

You must be a 'type A' personality. :D

(And I say that as a compliment.)

it is dead easy, had I have known you wanted to do that I would have done it for you before sending, will see if I can arrange some pics before you get yours

Thanks for the offer, but didn't remember it until I knew the Street Guardian was on it's way - maybe for the next 2 units :).

Many thanks to Pier28 for doing the quick video. Now that I have seen what is involved I think I can manage to do the adjustment without destroying the GPS:)

Thanks for the offer, but didn't remember it until I knew the Street Guardian was on it's way - maybe for the next 2 units :).

Many thanks to Pier28 for doing the quick video. Now that I have seen what is involved I think I can manage to do the adjustment without destroying the GPS:)

the trick is just to lever under the edge of the gps and slowly let the tape pull away, don't force it, and it will come away cleanly and you can flip it over

Thanks for the additional tips Jokiin - hopefully will be working on it soon enough.

Jon forgot to mention the 4 screws is self tapping screws, so when you put them back in there is no need to tighten them too much and risk stripping, just make them tight enuff so there is no rattling in the GPS housing.
There is little mechanical forces acting on the GPS antenna/housing so no need to risk anything

I have stripped a fjews self tapping screws myself over time, comming from the industry i am not used to these small screws and screws tapping into plastic :oops:

WDR= off
EV= -2/3

RAW:
https://yadi.sk/i/3gDqvtejfR3en
https://yadi.sk/i/LHnYbOKgfR3gN

EV-0.0 (by default)
04b4ea81b10e.png

EV-1/3
d4af44918e5f.png

EV-2/3
813b054b2ef0.png

EV-1/0
5c3e17ed9fa0.png

EV-4/3
c56e084359ea.png

EV-5/3
9317f6bab235.png

EV-2/0
0c23bcfd5cd9.png

Last edited:
Need to retry that light on/off test with a car model that have the licenceplate down really low. ( i think )

Looking at the other things beside the car in pic, it seem like the camera really change some things when it dont have all the light from the headlights to account for.

Thanks for the samples alexsoll. The footage looks great. I ordered this camera last week and and can't wait to receive it!

Example menu (sorry, but installed Russian language ;) )

f6e245f4c3c7.png

51977d6faed6.png

86ed7531acef.png

c514bc2b54b5.png

30eccaf53391.png

71af4fd78a2f.png

97acd6e9950a.png

cac100923b06.png

0fc8cf2870d1.png

892b3666ffaa.png

5f350f18459b.png

b36334cd6f6e.png

Technically yes but if its a genuine mistake we'd cover it, there's some people that should never be let near tools of course, in Australia we're predominantly selling through retail channels where they will also install so its mostly the installers that are going to do this so less chance of mishaps

Technically yes but if its a genuine mistake we'd cover it, there's some people that should never be let near tools of course, in Australia we're predominantly selling through retail channels where they will also install so its mostly the installers that are going to do this so less chance of mishaps

Hmm if I plan to buy this cam, I am going to install it myself in my car, not preparing to pay extra for the installation. If the retailer refuses to cover me in case of an example one of the wires came off the soldering when I flip that GPS board around, I will be mightily upset.

If you're comfortable with installing it yourself I'm sure you'd have no problem rotating the GPS, honestly if we thought it was going to cause problems we wouldn't show you that it was even possible or how its done

If you're comfortable with installing it yourself I'm sure you'd have no problem rotating the GPS, honestly if we thought it was going to cause problems we wouldn't show you that it was even possible or how its done
Yep, to my eye it looks like the most difficult part is getting the double sided tape off.

Yeah, I know from viewing Pier28's video it is an easy task. I was just wondering in case one of the wires is already loose, and when I flip the GPS board around and the wire just disconnect from its soldering, the retailer may refuse my warranty because I have opened up the GPS module case, which officially voided the warranty.

Installing dashcam in my car is easy. I don't hardwire it, just stick the wire with adhesive cable clips around the windscreen. I did it initially with my Mini 0801 and when I sold that car, because I didn't hardwire it, it was easy for me to remove the adhesive cable clips, wires and dashcam, and transferred to my new current car.

Back