Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Hi Pier28, did you ever get around to making the video about reversing the PCB antenna so that it could be attached to the windscreen?
a video is probably overkill, a couple of photos would do so you know what to expect, it's about a 2 minute job, four screws, off with the base, gently lever under the antenna (it has some double sided tape holding it in place) to release it, flip it over, cover back on and put the screws back in

I don't mind making a video :) easy breezy. I have a special iPhone holder tripod ready to go. But yes pretty straight forward

yeah if you're somewhere where there's a dealer we'd prefer you to pickup locally,
yeah keep forgetting theres retailers in Australia. maybe I should make up a retail business out of it and sell them up here? maybe too hard as well?

yeah if you're somewhere where there's a dealer we'd prefer you to pickup locally, @wozzzzza lives far north qld, we don't have anyone up there so looking after him direct was suitable

we have three Autobarn stores in SA that are dealers so whichever is closest, they haven't ordered as yet (they only arrived 2 days ago though) but let them know you want one and they'll be able to get one in for you

My previous post referred to Stevesau who IS in SA.

Just phoned the nearest Autobarn at Noarlunga who know nothing about them.

Then phoned Kilburn who knew nothing either and laughed when I said their staff had supposedly been trained about them.

As they aren't listed on their stock list I cant even place a pre-delivery order as they have no price etc.

we don't deal with Noarlunga so that's the expected response, these are the three stores in SA we do deal with

Autobarn Churchill ↠ Shop 2 Churchill Centre 252 Churchill Road Kilburn SA 5084 ↠ Phone: 08 82695577 ↠ Website: http://www.autobarn.com.au/stores/churchill
Autobarn Gilles Plains ↠ 2/621-623 North East Road Gilles Plains SA 5086 ↠ Phone: 08 82610000 ↠ Website: http://www.autobarn.com.au/stores/gilles-plains
Autobarn Mt Barker ↠ 6 Dutton Rd, MT Barker SA 5251 ↠ Phone: 08 83912355 ↠ Website: http://www.autobarn.com.au/stores/mt-barker

Maybe you struck some casual staff member or someone that wasn't there when we did the training, this model is new to them though so right now you might know more about it than they do, won't be setup in the system as yet, that will happen once they order

As much as the Auto store is good I will order through the site when I get home Monday. Get to me quicker than waiting for back and forth communication for its arrival. Hope then to get it before next weekend.

a video is probably overkill, a couple of photos would do so you know what to expect, it's about a 2 minute job, four screws, off with the base, gently lever under the antenna (it has some double sided tape holding it in place) to release it, flip it over, cover back on and put the screws back in

Photos would be fine, it was just that Pier28 had previously offered to make a video. I would just like something so that I know what to expect, I wouldn't want to destroy my new GPS.

Photos would be fine, it was just that Pier28 had previously offered to make a video. I would just like something so that I know what to expect, I wouldn't want to destroy my new GPS.

it is dead easy, had I have known you wanted to do that I would have done it for you before sending, will see if I can arrange some pics before you get yours

it is dead easy, had I have known you wanted to do that I would have done it for you before sending, will see if I can arrange some pics before you get yours

lol, now you've created a monster. Would you be kind enough to do mine before sending? ;) (INV-0185)

Thanks jokiin I appreciate it. Sorry to make extra work for you.

I'll order mine tomorrow. Just out of town atm:)

I'd probably use a 15-20mm flat plastic trim removal tool to pry up that board to reduce chance of breaking it or driver slipping and breaking a component off the board. plus you could have knocked about 90 seconds that video with a power driver. speed, that's what I need.
but cool, I know what to do now if I need to do it.
what maximum angle can you put the gps on until its performance starts going down??

I'd probably use a 15-20mm flat plastic trim removal tool to pry up that board to reduce chance of breaking it or driver slipping and breaking a component off the board. plus you could have knocked about 90 seconds that video with a power driver. speed, that's what I need.
but cool, I know what to do now if I need to do it.
what maximum angle can you put the gps on until its performance starts going down??

Correct, Yes I should have used my plastic tool to pry it up instead of the metal flat head, but I threw this together real quick. I'll make another faster/safer demo video in the near future.

:oops:Sorry about the dirty hands, I can see paint specs from when I was helping paint my friends place a few hours ago.
(didn't wash the back of my right hand very well it seems) :oops:

My previous post referred to Stevesau who IS in SA.

Just phoned the nearest Autobarn at Noarlunga who know nothing about them.

Then phoned Kilburn who knew nothing either and laughed when I said their staff had supposedly been trained about them.

As they aren't listed on their stock list I cant even place a pre-delivery order as they have no price etc.

I guess whoever you spoke to that laughed got caught out, we got an email earlier tonight from the 2IC at Kilburn asking for the details so they can set it up in the system

Today I will test day time shooting with disabled wdr and other exposure parameters (EV)
The results of the test video will show later

Today I will test day time shooting with disabled wdr and other exposure parameters (EV)
The results of the test video will show later

it's good to see some various setting results, default settings and then with some adjustment then people can have an idea about what results can be had

Back