Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

will hopefully have video comparison late tonight.

I expect your SG's video to be better than your 2 year old BlackVue's, otherwise I will be greatly disappointed :)

had to do a comparison shot of Blackspew DR500GW-HD vs Streetguardian SG9665GC
DR500 and the dr600 definitely worse in quality than SG9665GC. Trust me. DR550 and DR650 (official firmware), about on par with SG9665GC.

afJtY.jpg

New member from the States, thought I'd pop in and say hello. I also received my GC today and was shocked at its size and and build quality. Didn't get it installed today, but powered it up and took a couple of test videos and started familiarizing myself with Registrator Viewer. What a difference from a GS5 in a RAM X-Mount!

Thanks to Jon and Pier 28 for the excellent CS and guidance!

you haven't voided your warranty have you?

@alexsoll actually extended a piece of mind in relation to understanding of the product warranty ( read@ reliability and quality built ) in the eyes of buyer.
He cares more about what is inside than warranty and can not sleep if not tear apart a product and be convinced what is inside. For him warranty is what he can prove to himself ;)
This shows that only outside look-a-like doesn't mean "they look the same, why I have to pay more", @generic version.

New member from the States, thought I'd pop in and say hello. I also received my GC today and was shocked at its size and and build quality. Didn't get it installed today, but powered it up and took a couple of test videos and started familiarizing myself with Registrator Viewer. What a difference from a GS5 in a RAM X-Mount!

Thanks to John and Pier 28 for the excellent CS and guidance!

Welcome to forum.
Can you give a link to GS5.

I think I hear the hooves of the Cobb and Co coach approaching Adelaide. Looking forward to getting my GC. Looking to do a comparison of my DR600 to the GC. Not with official firmware that would be embarrasing. The Blackvue does what it says on the box but just not very well. With custom firmware from Alexsoll its a whole new beast. From the videos I have seen its the FOV and night/day clarity of the GC that impress me. My Blackvue will be moved to the back window where it will do more than an admiral job.

He cares more about what is inside than warranty and can not sleep if not tear apart a product and be convinced what is inside. For him warranty is what he can prove to himself ;)
yeah I guess, im guilty of doing that to quite a few things as well to see how they work and what makes things tick, but not dash cam as yet. I have pulled apart all my blackspews though for both seeing how they work as well as fix them regularly.

hey, can I plug this thing into a phone charger and make it work? it has the same connection as the Mobius, i can use that with phone charger, it wont fuk it or anything will it??

I think I hear the hooves of the Cobb and Co coach approaching Adelaide. Looking forward to getting my GC.
I know Adelaide is pretty laid back but I didn't know people there still get around on horses and coaches? Installing a dash cam on your coach, that will be a first :P

hey, can I plug this thing into a phone charger and make it work? it has the same connection as the Mobius, i can use that with phone charger, it wont fuk it or anything will it??
yeah, I use USB power supplies when I'm doing setup on them, no problem

hmm, cam keeps turning itself off and then telling me there's no card in it.

Back