Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

yeah I spent a while working out what button did what, still cant get a speed reading on the screen though.

yeah I spent a while working out what button did what, still cant get a speed reading on the screen though.

I don't think this model displays the speed on the screen - just a time and date stamp. I could only see the speed in Registrator Viewer.

I have the same problem with my mrs, usually after a few too many lagers.
I look at your avatar and imagine two monkeys fornicating. Please spare us your detail for god sake :P

I don't think this model displays the speed on the screen - just a time and date stamp. I could only see the speed in Registrator Viewer.

What about just viewing the video with other video players e.g. VLC? Will it show speed and other info like GPS position?

What about just viewing the video with other video players e.g. VLC? Will it show speed and other info like GPS position?

As far as I am aware, the GPS data is embedded in the .MOV files, but you would need a player capable of extracting that data to display it and as far as I am aware Registrator Viewer is the best of them available.

As far as I am aware, the GPS data is embedded in the .MOV files, but you would need a player capable of extracting that data to display it and as far as I am aware Registrator Viewer is the best of them available.
Really? That's interesting... because I just viewed a .MOV file recorded with my Mini 0801 and the GPS info (latitude and longitude) is imprinted on the images, along with date, time and speed. I viewed that .MOV file with several different video players (VLC, QuickTime, Movist and MPlayerX), all these info are shown on the video. Are you saying SG965GC only embeds these info in the .MOV file but not imprints them on the images?

Really? That's interesting... because I just viewed a .MOV file recorded with my Mini 0801 and the GPS info (latitude and longitude) is imprinted on the images, along with date, time and speed. I viewed that .MOV file with several different video players (VLC, QuickTime, Movist and MPlayerX), all these info are shown on the video. Are you saying SG965GC only embeds these info in the .MOV file but not imprints them on the images?

If it is "stamped" onto the video, then it wouldn't matter which viewer you used, you would always see the imprint. My Blackvue imprints time, date and speed onto the .MP4 file and I can see this no matter what viewer I use.

However, I did not see any speed imprint on the .MOV files from the SG9665GC today, but it was only operating on the default settings and only for about 5 minutes (missus had to leave for work). I haven't been through all the menu options yet, so I don't know whether it is possible to imprint the speed onto the video. Probably best to ask Jokiin - and if it isn't a menu option, perhaps it could be in a future firmware update?

After thought: Couldn't see any speed imprint on any of the videos previously posted by Alexsoll.

I agree that it would be nice to have some sort of diagram or chart of the menu structure so that we could navigate to a desired sub-menu a little easier.:)

That kind of detail will be in the full manual which will be published and available for download shortly, the printed version is just a quick start guide with basic overview only

The reason they are different is some of the features found in the menu have changed and there are further updates to come which would mean a printed full version would already be out of date and incorrect

Apologies for not having the full version ready yet, will try and get that sorted ASAP

No embedded speed at this stage, only viewable via Registrator Viewer

Hi Jokiin, is that a possibility in a future firmware update or is it quite a difficult task to achieve?

Anything that is embedded in the video is there regardless of which player you use

I received mine yesterday. Big thanks to both Jon and Jokiin. It's my first dashcam, so it's fun to have a new project/toy to work on. Unfortunately I got the 12V outlets confused between my wife's and my car; it's hers that is accessory-powered, whereas mine is always powered. Can anyone recommend a nice hard-wiring kit?

I'm glad there's an additional mount adhesives since I think on my car it will actually be more discrete if I forego the cable cover in lieu of mounting just the camera 2" or so higher. I'll go ahead and actually fit up the cable cover first to make sure beforehand however.

Is the capacitor utilized solely for keeping the clock powered and ensuring the camera shuts down gracefully after having power cut? Since I haven't used a DC before, I thought batteries/capacitors may have been used additionally to keep the camera running for an additional minute or so. I guess when power is limited you have to focus solely on crucial functions.

Also, another thing I noticed after reviewing this morning's footage. After tweaking the lens angle yesterday I ended up positioning the lens in-between "clicks," and the temperature/humidity change overnight apparently caused the lens to sag back down to an actual click stop. Hopefully I can get the angle back to where I like it, but get that position to be an actual click stop. The knob is a little difficult for my fat fingers to handle. I do find a US dime to be the perfect size for removing the micro SD card though :D

Anything that is embedded in the video is there regardless of which player you use
Thanks for the clarification, I already know that. I was just testing CoolyKid, sorry not meant to be a prick. In my Mini 0801, there is a separate GPS log folder which Registrator Viewer uses to display my location on the Google-style map.

I still like the option of having those info imprinted in the video, hope SG9665GC will provide that.

Hi Jokiin, is that a possibility in a future firmware update or is it quite a difficult taask to achieve?

We will look at it, embedded speed is not real time, it's with a bit of a delay so it's not as accurate as what you see during playback with Registrator Viewer and means they don't always match, it's not that it's difficult to do but I want to make sure it's more accurate than what's currently possible, that might take a bit of work to get right

I also need to make it a user selectable menu option to have it display or not, not everyone wants their speed hard coded in the video

We have a whole bunch of things on the firmware update todo list, this is just another of the things

I received mine yesterday. Big thanks to both Jon and Jokiin. It's my first dashcam, so it's fun to have a new project/toy to work on. Unfortunately I got the 12V outlets confused between my wife's and my car; it's hers that is accessory-powered, whereas mine is always powered. Can anyone recommend a nice hard-wiring kit?

Is the capacitor utilized solely for keeping the clock powered and ensuring the camera shuts down gracefully after having power cut? Since I haven't used a DC before, I thought batteries/capacitors may have been used additionally to keep the camera running for an additional minute or so. I guess when power is limited you have to focus solely on crucial

Hardwire adapters are coming, Jon will have those available soon

Capacitor is for file save and shutdown purposes only

That kind of detail will be in the full manual which will be published and available for download shortly, the printed version is just a quick start guide with basic overview only

The reason they are different is some of the features found in the menu have changed and there are further updates to come which would mean a printed full version would already be out of date and incorrect

Apologies for not having the full version ready yet, will try and get that sorted ASAP

My apologies if I inadvertently opened a hornets nest, I was only trying to post my beginners experience with the initial setup. I realize you guys are very busy with putting out a unit and documentation to go with it. I will keep an eye out for the downloadable documentation.

All in all my biggest dilemma is trying to hide wires and setting up a connection that would work best for me.

Thanks for your support and customer service.

Fred

I agree that it would be nice to have some sort of diagram or chart of the menu structure so that we could navigate to a desired sub-menu a little easier.:)

Agreed something akin to a process flow chart such as those available to use on MS Word for example

Back