Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

my sd card I cant get out with out a pen or something as its recessed too deep. something to fix on next model.

You need to stop getting manicures then Wozzzzza :p

my sd card I cant get out with out a pen or something as its recessed too deep. something to fix on next model.

this is a challenge with any camera with a MicroSD card as the space the mechanism needs versus the thickness of housing you need to sustain high heat aren't the same, the card reader almost needs to hang off the PCB and you end up with something you can't assemble

Cam replaced a working perfectly C1W, retained the same hardwire power source. Start the car and cam starts up and begins recording but shuts itself down at various intervals.... sometimes about 10 seconds sometimes longer. Press the power button and it starts up again and says 'no card'. I formatted the card a few times and reset to default as well, still doing it. I'll have a further look at it in the morning and see if I can discover what's going on.

the card is sitting in properly? I had the issue today of not being able to insert it fully easily as well, looked like it was in but needed a pen to seat it.

First thing I'd try is the supplied power supply and see what happens then :)

could be a card fault, have you formatted the card at all?

have you changed any settings from the defaults?

not sure on the output of your previous power supply but you could temp plug the included one in to check

if you think there's a fault there let me know, you're not too far from us and I could come and have a look and sort it out

I know what you mean - I had an issue with a cam in the past that started rebooting and it was the PSU on the way out - the cheap ones don't last forever and that's usually how they look when they're going.

I've got my SG fed by a Scosche twin 2.1amp usb charger and it's been fine over long journeys (did 300 miles yesterday alone!)

Yes, I've got one of those myself so I can try several different ways of powering it to uncover what the problem is..... unplug a/v, try a different card, change power supply.... will sus it out tomorrow.

well just got back from the night shopping, footage is better than the blackspew but its crap. I released I forgot to take off the plastic lens protector.:oops:
next week will get more night time footage then.
how about speed? how do I make speed display in the playback?

Doing well there Wozza, can't get your thing in or your plastic protector off.

Hi, I got into the sub-menu and started to make some adjustments. For a novice such as myself I found it a bit nerve racking trying to make the adjustments. Finally figured out you need to jump back and forth between the menu key and the mic key to make changes, would be nice to have that in the guide. I even looked on youtube to see if there might be a 'how to' but no luck (touchmoan has done this with other units).
Just a suggestion for us noob's to have a description of each sub-menu item along with how to make the adjustments, not only will it be handy in the original set-up but also later on when you might need to make changes. Those of us in adjustable time zones will need to make changes twice a year with enough time in between to need a refresher.
On another note, I ordered a couple of 10ft. long cables (USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5pin Male 28/24AWG) to connect to a dual usb cigarette lighter plug. I did this since I plan on putting a second cam in the rear and wanted a connection to a single lighter with dual usb adapter (
61rPlwQ1BpL._SL1000_.jpg
). Saves me the trouble of messing with the fuse box and hardwiring each unit, with my planned set-up the lighter will only have power when the car is running and I won't need to worry of a drained battery.
I will download the viewer today and go through another learning curve, hopefully I'll be ok after that and will go out for a ride to test everything out. Taking me a little longer than most but like I said I'm new to all this.

Incidentally, is it ok to use a Transcend 64gb microsd sdxc class 10 card in this unit?

Sorry for the size of the picture couldn't adjust it.

Thanks.

Fred

Hi, I got into the sub-menu and started to make some adjustments. For a novice such as myself I found it a bit nerve racking trying to make the adjustments. Finally figured out you need to jump back and forth between the menu key and the mic key to make changes, would be nice to have that in the guide. I even

Fred

I agree that it would be nice to have some sort of diagram or chart of the menu structure so that we could navigate to a desired sub-menu a little easier.:)

Back