Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

BTW i put the model number where i normally have my nick ( kamkar1 ) it will remain so for a good while, if not forever as i have grown a bit weary of my nick in my videos.

Camera is allready trown in the car, but i will offcourse do a proper install when the camera reach its final position.

BTW. Though the cam is pretty small i cant get it as high up on my windscreen as i want to using the low mount bracket, i hope the high bracket will change that later on, or maybe a even higher DIY bracket.
I really want the camera as high up so it just peek out below the dotted area on my winscreen, but even as it is now beeeing 10 mm or so lower than perfect its still a nice discrete camera.

Captured a pic with my PTZ camera :D My lukas at the center and the new cam to the right of that.

dashcam_grab.jpg

Seem like i will have to wait untill mid next week before the weather radar dont display my part of Denmark covered in 1 huge yellow/orange blob of rain. :oops:

regn.jpg

Last edited:
I've been busy, all pre-orders are now final QA tested, boxed, and shipped. Everyone should have received an automated email with tracking.

Welcome to the Street Guardian club. We're looking forward to everyone's feedback!

Hi, guess I'll be the first recipient to have an issue. I just received the cam and tried to make the time adjustment, plugged unit into my car and once it came up I double clicked on the menu (as per the guide) but it does not go into the sub-menu. Seems like something very simple to do but I must be doing something wrong. The power light is on, the record light is blinking and the screen comes on so it must be recording, the gps is not connected .
Where to go from here?

Fred

well i did or dident do somthing wrong or correct, my time stamp is way ahead of me though i did set it to GMT +1 for my area.

But i am sure its just me getting ahead of reading the manual :D GPS is working fine with registrator viewer and have the correct time there.

Getting into the second menu was no problem, cant remember if i double clicked on the menu button or just presed it a second time 2 get into the next menu level.

Hi, guess I'll be the first recipient to have an issue. I just received the cam and tried to make the time adjustment, plugged unit into my car and once it came up I double clicked on the menu (as per the guide) but it does not go into the sub-menu. Seems like something very simple to do but I must be doing something wrong. The power light is on, the record light is blinking and the screen comes on so it must be recording, the gps is not connected .
Where to go from here?

Fred

Hi Fred, thanks for the call earlier happy to help. I wanted to follow up on here as well. You have to press and hold the REC button to stop the recording first. After the red light stops flashing you will then be able to enter the menu. We'll make this more clear in the instructions.

Aaaa that sound true cuz i did stop recording before i did the menu thing :D

RTFM Brian :p

Just got mine.. what awesome service.

Very easy installation.. I was really surprised how small the unit is. Took all of 5 minutes to flip the GPS. Alas the GPS was not working until I made sure it was fully plugged in.
Went for a ride, downloaded registration viewer and was watching the action with no drama (GPS data as well)
I am so glad I waited for this product. Thanks Pier 28 and Street Guardian.

Hi Fred, thanks for the call earlier happy to help. I wanted to follow up on here as well. You have to press and hold the REC button to stop the recording first. After the red light stops flashing you will then be able to enter the menu. We'll make this more clear in the instructions.
Hey Jon, thanks for the help. Managed to get into the menu after turning the record off. I got a position in front window where i think works best for me and putting up the stickem.
Talk to you soon on the rear.

Fred

I was after some help please with the dimensions of this dashcam, to check it fits OK.
Could someone please let me know the dimensions (in mm if possible) of D1 to D6 on the quick sketch I knocked up earlier?

SG9655SC_zpseqrpzst6.jpg

and wholly crap its about half the size i thought it was.

Yeah have to admit i let out a WTF too when i opned my box, but to be honest i think in volume its larger than my lukas LK-7500.

BUT ! the shape and mount is 1 up on the lukas, so in my car it blend in even better, and i will never need that hide wires thing.

had to do a comparison shot of Blackspew DR500GW-HD vs Streetguardian SG9665GC

Attachments

• IMG_0923_.jpg
    IMG_0923_.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0924_.jpg
    IMG_0924_.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 58
will hopefully have video comparison late tonight.

Back