Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Went for short ride and when I played it back on the viewer noticed the mileage/speed is recorded in KPH. I tried going through the menu see if I can change it to Miles/MPH but couldn't find a setting for it. Probably something I'm doing wrong, any help ?

Fred

If you're using Registrator Viewer it's under View menu and then Measurement and you can change between miles and kilometers there :)

If you're using Registrator Viewer it's under View menu and then Measurement and you can change between miles and kilometers there :)
Thanks Reverend I found the measurements in the viewer. Am I to understand that it's recorded on the microsd card in KPH and then it gets converted by the viewer? Just trying to understand how it works.

Fred

Actually neither - GPS itself uses a different format (knots I think off the top of my head) and then the viewer translates that into MPH or KPH :) Saying that some cameras do it differently - the Panorama for example writes it out in KPH. It looks like binary data in these so I don't know which way it does it - jokiin would know.

I think Registrator Viewer ignores the written speed and works it out from the co-ordinates anyway - there is a glitch with the way it handles some cameras - its fine with these though

It must be proper hard work as loads of cameras have different ways they write the data - I'm glad I don't have to maintain that!

Last edited:
@jokiin Nice job on the camera! Everything packaged very neatly and complete. These are some of the things that set you apart from all the others. Everything together just shouts quality :)

@Pier28 Received my cam in 2 days not the anticipated 3 days! The service and attention to detail with my order is the best so far, and is clearly superior to all the rest. Thank you for the great service and most importantly keeping your word. At the end of the day integrity is the most important asset a man can have, and you prove time and again how important this is in your life. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@jokiin Nice job on the camera! Everything packaged very neatly and complete. These are some of the things that set you apart from all the others. Everything together just shouts quality :)

@Pier28 Received my cam in 2 days not the anticipated 3 days! The service and attention to detail with my order is the best so far, and is clearly superior to all the rest. Thank you for the great service and most importantly keeping your word. At the end of the day integrity is the most important asset a man can have, and you prove time and again how important this is in your life. Thanks :)

:)+1

Micro SD Card:

is it ok to use a Transcend 64gb micro sd sdxc class 10 card in this unit?..... or is there a better choice?

How long should it take to format a 64 gb card in the SG9665GC unit?

I know that SG provided two camera mounts with different thicknesses. The thinner one matches up with the cable shell so I am presume that the thin one is the default. Under which case would we use the thick one?

BTW, great job on the sound. Unlike my prior cam, I can clearly hear my turn signals.

64GB transcend is good, formatting is always a few seconds / fast

Thicker mount is for vertical windows to give more clearance for the lens.

Yes the sound is fantastic on this thing, super clear and picks up everything nicely.

I'll be working on a complete unboxing walk through video soon. I was hoping to have it created by now but things are pretty hectic moving from California to Nevada.

64GB transcend is good, formatting is always a few seconds / fast

Thicker mount is for vertical windows to give more clearance for the lens.

Yes the sound is fantastic on this thing, super clear and picks up everything nicely.

I'll be working on a complete unboxing walk through video soon. I was hoping to have it created by now but things are pretty hectic moving from California to Nevada.

Hi Jon, I had the same question regarding the 64gb card, so thanks for the answer. Also, would you please provide some advice on the cable and adapter I mentioned in an earlier post.

Thanks

Fred

Rick (Jokiin) will be providing a new hard wire miniUSB power adapter optional accessory soon. I'm expecting details on pricing and availability in the very near future. Until then our current option is the PANOBDP MotoPark hard wire kit with female cigarette lighter port.

Last edited:
Agreed something akin to a process flow chart such as those available to use on MS Word for example

It's a rotary menu much like older Nokia phones where scrolling through the menu always brings you back to where you started, enter a menu option and any settings scroll in the same manner

Quite easy once you get the hang of it but the manual will have detailed description of what each option is about

Rick (Jokiin) will be providing a new hard wire miniUSB power adapter optional accessory soon. I'm expecting details on pricing and availability in the very near future.
will it have a 90 degree plug on the end? I find the straight plug is a pain in the butt to mount the camera with as it gets int he way of the roof lining to move the cam up further.

will it have a 90 degree plug on the end? I find the straight plug is a pain in the butt to mount the camera with as it gets int he way of the roof lining to move the cam up further.

I'm not sure yet, but here are more options for that setup:

Mini USB 5 Pin female - male left angle extension cable
miniUSB Power angled: http://www.amazon.com/gp/B00NIGPYPE

6 inch 4-Pole 3.5mm Male Right Angle to 3.5mm Female Stereo Audio Cable
GPS angled: http://www.amazon.com/gp/B00C4FU52C

Unit tested further. Continues to shut itself down. Unplugged a/v wire, unplugged gps, changed to provided power cable plugged into cig lighter. Changed sd card from another 32gb card in C1W, formatted. Still shuts down shortly after powering up and beginning recording. Reset to default settings. Same result. Tried numerous times after default resests and formats. Must be the unit unless I can't see the nose at the end of my face (which is possible these days if you knew my story. lol.)

Unit tested further. Continues to shut itself down. Unplugged a/v wire, unplugged gps, changed to provided power cable plugged into cig lighter. Changed sd card from another 32gb card in C1W, formatted. Still shuts down shortly after powering up and beginning recording. Reset to default settings. Same result. Tried numerous times after default resests and formats. Must be the unit unless I can't see the nose at the end of my face (which is possible these days if you knew my story. lol.)

if today is suitable for you I'll come to where you are and sort it out

This might sound like a stupid question, but does the whole unit shut down, ie. all the lights go off - or is it just the screen that shuts down, because there is a screen saver system that turns the screen of after 1 minute (by default)?

Jokiin beat me to the response, so best to deal with the expert:)

straight plug, if they have an angled plug you can't plug the GPS in, they do need a bit of room above them

This might sound like a stupid question, but does the whole unit shut down, ie. all the lights go off - or is it just the screen that shuts down, because there is a screen saver system that turns the screen of after 1 minute (by default)?

Jokiin beat to the response, so best to deal with the expert:)

Fortunately @Piggy. is not too far from us so I'll arrange to go and see him as soon as it suits and sort things out

Back