Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Thanks, but I think the windshield is good. The GPS in my stereo headunit it tucked under the dash with no issues working.

Thanks, but I think the windshield is good. The GPS in my stereo headunit it tucked under the dash with no issues working.

yeah I don't think Jeep use these, I mentioned it more so in case others with the same issue came looking for help at any time

Try temporary mount gps on the roof of the car ( outside ) and see does it work there. If yes, then gps antenna is fine.

5. Night operation: Imagery within the headlight field was very good, but outside of that could not see much at all (was a very dark night without street lighting), so I will have to play around with the settings for night time.

Haha that is to be expected. Unless you have a powerful infrared emitter and night vision capability in a dash cam, any scene with no light shining on will be dark on any dash cam.

Happy Birthday Rick!
Good luck in business.
Happiness and health to you and your loved ones!
;)

DSCN4389001.jpg DSCN4390001.jpg DSCN4391001.jpg DSCN4393001.jpg DSCN4394001.jpg DSCN4395001.jpg View attachment 12146 View attachment 12146 View attachment 12147 View attachment 12146 View attachment 12147 View attachment 12148 View attachment 12149 View attachment 12150 View attachment 12151 View attachment 12146 View attachment 12147 View attachment 12148 View attachment 12149 View attachment 12150 View attachment 12151 Carried out the installation this (Friday) morning see few pics above. So it is as has already been said pretty straight forward and if like me you are hiding the wiring behind trim etc then best check all is well before buttoning up the trim because on this car at least the trim is not easy to remove and you are thinking is this going to come off in one piece without breaking into a pile of plastic.

The power supply cable is l-o-n-g so needed bundling up and a couple of plastic ties soon had it fixed away. The 'A' pillar trim is partly off showing the high pressure cartridge for the side curtain 'Air Bag' care needed here. I dropped the panel above the pedals to pull out the twin cigar lighter sockets I had installed this some time back, plugged in and turned the key to ensure power was at least getting to the plug - then I connected the camera to check that power was doing what it should be doing. All was well so started to tuck away the cable and replace the trim. The GPS lead was easy and was just about long enough for my car with only around 10cm left to tuck away behind the roof lining trim..and the lastv picture is the business end of the power supply cable coming into the light under the sensor cover - which was a real pig to remove btw.:(

(The other cig plug is for my Garmin Sat nav)

I was going to use the cable cover but decided against at the last minute as I found you have to remove the cover before removing the camera from its location so decided against it.

The GPS device just fitted in the bottom left hand corner on the dash (RH drive) and when I switched the camera on it picked up the GPS signal less than 10 seconds, so all is well there.

All in all a very satisfying outcome all thanks to Niko who gave me much advice months before I even purchased this excellent product from him.

Not put the camera in yet as I am giving the fixing pad time to cure, plus the fact the present lady wife needed transporting to the shops.....

Last edited:
IF it is the big 50 then I was just about to leave my first job....enjoy the day relax leave your phone, tablet, computer alone and take a glass (or two/three of single malt - the Scottish variety BTW.

View video using the program RegistratorViewer_6.0.08

fLNe

fLNp

Last edited:
1. Video recording starts after 10 seconds. after connecting power
2. GPS connects satellites 10 seconds. after running

Happy birthday jokiin.

Started my apprenticeship in 1965. lol. Wish I was only 50 again. ;) Have a happy birthday Rick. Cheers to you.

So my GPS issue was some dodgy solder connections. Is the white wire (Rx I believe) supposed to be hooked up? I don't think so, as the white wire was disconnected and much shorter than the other wires. I connected it anyway. As I looked closer, the green Tx and Red Power wire were held on by a strand. Did some soldering and all is well.

Thx for the heads up, jokiin will take that issue to the factory floor as what you say sound like poor craftmanship.

Back