Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Ta-Da!! My GCs were finally delivered by FedEx. (I think they used horse drawn carriages given the time it took them, but at least they did deliver on Saturday.) As others have mentioned it's an extremely well packed product. I'm really impressed with the physical size of the camera.

I'll probably install in my wife's car tomorrow and do a temporary install in mine if I have enough time, otherwise that will wait until Monday. Permanent install in my vehicle will have to wait until I get the right-angle USB connector so I can install it in my preferred location.

Mine (and I assume all others) came with a sheet of plastic that appears to be a fairly large screen protector. I have no idea what the intended use is for that - can someone shine a little light into the dim recesses of my mind? ;)

Mine (and I assume all others) came with a sheet of plastic that appears to be a fairly large screen protector. I have no idea what the intended use is for that - can someone shine a little light into the dim recesses of my mind? ;)

You're not alone, it's actually a 3M static sticker, if you needed to temp install you can stick that to the window and then mount the bracket to it and it's easily removed afterward

[QUOTE="jokiin, post: 134013, member: 469"

If you use Registrator Viewer it should scan the drive and add all the files and sort them

Not sure what you mean by saving the files though, can you elaborate?[/QUOTE]

When I open Reg View in the bottom RH corner it briefly starts searching for files but disappears after a milli second, ditto when clicking Refresh File List.

When I click Add Files the RO window opens, and by clicking on the file it transfers to the bottom Reg View box. Clicking on this entry starts the playback, but when I shut down RV the file disappears -- is this normal?

Should we in Aus also change to 60Hz and should the G sensor be left ON?

Aus is 50Hz, the default settings are for NSW so you'd only need to change the timezone for SA, out of the box everything else is preset for us

are you using the Windows or Mac version of Registrator Viewer?

if using the Windows version you can click the green + above where it says Name in the bottom right of screen, when you click on the green + it will open explorer, navigate to the folder you want, open it, find a file (click CTRL A to select all) then click Open and it will add and sort all the files

the program automatically searches and adds files from connected drives so if you plug the card reader in and open Registrator Viewer it does all this for you generally, you can get stuttering if playing direct from USB though so copying to disk first is better if you have a lot of files or might want to view or edit more than one file

OK got the 50Hz, timezone and the bit about the green+

Its the last bit where RV searches and adds files that I cant get to happen.

Are the files only saved in RO and not in the RV box?

Sorry I must be thick, so I will leave it as I cant follow you

The posted videos look nice. Look like some quality devices from SG.

Coupla questions:
- To what degree does the lens on the SG9665GC rotate? Specifically, imagine the cam was flush against a flat, perfectly horizontal surface at zero degree (with the screen/buttons downward and the screen sloping upwards)? From the perfect center of the lens' rotation/click at zero degree in that scenario, how far up or down can the lens be rotated? I'm particularly interested in how far down it can go (-15, -30, -45 degrees?) because I want to place it on a perfectly flat but slightly upwardly inclining rear view mirror/rain sensor housing.

- Can the image on the control/main unit of the SGZC12RC be flipped? If you placed the flat side surface against the roof/headliner, would the image remain upside down or can it be flipped? Also, does the camera ring/clip come in black or is it clear?

- I'd probably place the GPS sensor in the corner of my dashboard, but what could I do to prevent any potential damage to a black, all-leather dashboard from the 3M adhesive?

Also, to anyone who's used both devices—is one better than the other in terms of image and build quality? (that would include you ... unbiased jokiin, objective Pier28 and impartial niko ... hehe)

I'll post a couple of pictures in a moment with the lens set to either extreme

RC doesn't flip the image

The GPS doesn't have the 3M tape preinstalled so perhaps you'd prefer to use something else in place of that, you can flip the PCB internally and mount to the glass if you'd prefer not to have it on the dash, there is a small performance trade off in doing this but not significant enough to outweigh potentially marking the leather

Image quality I think the GC has the edge

Build quality I think the RC is very well put together (I don't do that), the GC is put together properly but I still see things I want to improve, it's mostly me being pedantic and just a bit OCD but if I know something can be done better then that's what I strive for, I think every product has room for improvement

Appreciate the reply and pics, jokiin.

So if I understand correctly, with the maximum down setting in the first image, one would get a relatively perfect straight ahead (horizon at 50/50 or 60/40) view if placed flush against a perfectly horizontal surface? Is there anything I could do internally to have the lens point further down by another one or two clicks (either changing its position internally or shaving off something, etc)? My challenge is that my rain sensor/mirror housing, which points toward the front of the car, slopes slightly upward toward the sky.

Appreciate the reply and pics, jokiin.

So if I understand correctly, with the maximum down setting in the first image, one would get a relatively perfect straight ahead (horizon at 50/50 or 60/40) view if placed flush against a perfectly horizontal surface? Is there anything I could do internally to have the lens point further down by another one or two clicks (either changing its position internally or shaving off something, etc)? My challenge is that my rain sensor/mirror housing, which points toward the front of the car, slopes slightly upward toward the sky.

no, I think in that case the best bet would be to shim the front of the mount to aim it down a bit

The posted videos look nice. Look like some quality devices from SG.

- I'd probably place the GPS sensor in the corner of my dashboard, but what could I do to prevent any potential damage to a black, all-leather dashboard from the 3M adhesive?

I had the same issue so decided to just let it sit there with no adhesive pad to hold it in place and so far after a couple of days it has not moved - mind you it really has no chance to move because I made sure that the absolute minimum of the GPS sensor lead was left exposed from beneath the 'A' pillar trim.

I had the same issue so decided to just let it sit there with no adhesive pad to hold it in place and so far after a couple of days it has not moved - mind you it really has no chance to move because I made sure that the absolute minimum of the GPS sensor lead was left exposed from beneath the 'A' pillar trim.

I had one sitting like this for about 6 months, very unprofessional of me but I do change stuff around a lot unfortunately

Back