Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

As yet the 'thick' plate used is holding fine however we have not had any really hot weather yet (:rolleyes:) or I might just be lucky....

will be on the support pages of our website available for download as soon as it's released, we don't have a mailing list setup as yet but will be adding an opt in mailing list where you can be notified of any updates etc, in the interim though it will mean manually checking until we get that sorted

Many thanks for the quick and positive reply...

As yet the 'thick' plate used is holding fine however we have not had any really hot weather yet :)rolleyes:) or I might just be lucky....

the thin mount is fine but on closer inspection of the thick one I don't think it's up to the task and isn't good enough, we've arranged an updated version

Sample of driving in the rain recently. I haven't played with the settings much yet and is as comes set up out the box. No audio as this cam picks up everything and nothing gets by it so I removed it. :D

Sample of driving in the rain recently. I haven't played with the settings much yet and is as comes set up out the box. No audio as this cam picks up everything and nothing gets by it so I removed it. :D

man that road looks very familiar, up main north road gawler way?? I used to drive that way every day to and from work.

the Mrs noticed I installed a new dash cam yesterday, only more than a month or so after doing so. she saw the screen come on and asked "what is that, where the dash cam gone, is that a new one? soo much smaller."

the Mrs noticed I installed a new dash cam yesterday, only more than a month or so after doing so. she saw the screen come on and asked "what is that, where the dash cam gone, is that a new one? soo much smaller."
did you quickly tell her you sold the other one?

... did she asked "how much money you spent this time again on your toys !" ? ... some time "they" like to ask that ;)

man that road looks very familiar, up main north road gawler way?? I used to drive that way every day to and from work.

You are exactly right. Its also my route to work. :)

... did she asked "how much money you spent this time again on your toys !" ? ... some time "they" like to ask that ;)
yeah she did mention that actually, just told her less than the blackspew and its a lot better, didn't mention price to her as I would get in trouble spending close to $300 on it. she hasn't noticed I changed the rear one yet, don't think she ever will either.
did you quickly tell her you sold the other one?
na, didn't think of that, just got her off the subject quickly else I would get in more trouble. I sold the 400 still got the 500 as backup or on a second car if I go on holidays and need it.

yeah she did mention that actually, just told her less than the blackspew and its a lot better, didn't mention price to her as I would get in trouble spending close to $300 on it. she hasn't noticed I changed the rear one yet, don't think she ever will either.

na, didn't think of that, just got her off the subject quickly else I would get in more trouble. I sold the 400 still got the 500 as backup or on a second car if I go on holidays and need it.
if we see a new member name Mrs wozzzzza sign up here you'll need to start deleting posts ;)

she wont sign up, she is not interested in internet much, just playing games.

You are right about the sound it is incredible that such a small unit can pick up so much detail and with a good deal of quality...

PS do you not like driving in the NS lane:D:D

she wont sign up, she is not interested in internet much, just playing games.

Be aware, be very aware 'they' are all as crafty as a cart load on monkeys a bit like my late fathers view of snakes "it is not the one you can see that is the problem - its the one you can't that catches you out"

Hi all, I haven't been on here in awhile so i thought i'd post an update to my FM interference. Unfortunately I still have the issue, I've tried different ideas and still have trouble. I replaced the cables and the cigarette adapter twice and no joy. Since the problem is noticeable mostly in weak areas it takes me time to test different scenarios but it really doesn't look like the cables or adapter are the culprits as originally thought.
I really think the problem is there at all times but that in strong FM areas the signal overpowers the interference and i can't hear it, but in some areas it's bad enough to completely shut out the FM signal. A couple of days ago I was driving through a weak signal area and lost FM signals, so I pulled over and when I unplugged everything the FM came in. When I plugged the GCs back in the signal was lost, I got back on the road and as soon as I crossed to a better signal area the FM returned.
I still want to do some additional testing with the cables supplied with the GC, the first time I tried using those cables it seemed to be ok, but it really wasn't a complete test, will try again as soon as I can.
I would really like to have these Cam's hardwired but don't want to keep buying different alternatives just to see which works (cost is beginning to add up).

Fred

we're trying some things here now that might improve this for people that are in low reception areas, still a few weeks away but once that's done I'll get @Pier28 to get in touch with you, can you make sure they have your contact details so we can keep you updated on that

Living in a rural area I have plenty of experience with fringe AM and FM signal reception. It is not uncommon for weak signals to be overpowered by extraneous RFI and from your description that sounds like what is happening. The solution is to install a good quality FM signal booster on your radio and it will very likely cure this problem.

Hi all, I haven't been on here in awhile so i thought i'd post an update to my FM interference. Unfortunately I still have the issue, I've tried different ideas and still have trouble. I replaced the cables and the cigarette adapter twice and no joy. Since the problem is noticeable mostly in weak areas it takes me time to test different scenarios but it really doesn't look like the cables or adapter are the culprits as originally thought.
I really think the problem is there at all times but that in strong FM areas the signal overpowers the interference and i can't hear it, but in some areas it's bad enough to completely shut out the FM signal. A couple of days ago I was driving through a weak signal area and lost FM signals, so I pulled over and when I unplugged everything the FM came in. When I plugged the GCs back in the signal was lost, I got back on the road and as soon as I crossed to a better signal area the FM returned.
I still want to do some additional testing with the cables supplied with the GC, the first time I tried using those cables it seemed to be ok, but it really wasn't a complete test, will try again as soon as I can.
I would really like to have these Cam's hardwired but don't want to keep buying different alternatives just to see which works (cost is beginning to add up).

Fred

Living in a rural area I have plenty of experience with fringe AM and FM signal reception. It is not uncommon for weak signals to be overpowered by extraneous RFI and from your description that sounds like what is happening. The solution is to install a good quality FM signal booster on your radio and it will very likely cure this problem.

have you experienced any issues with reception?

have you experienced any issues with reception?

No, not at all. The radio in my current vehicle performs very well and interference from any source is rare. In my older vehicle things were different and I used a Winegard FM booster, a rather amazing but unfortunately now discontinued product.

No not at all. The radio in my current vehicle performs very well and interference from any source is rare. In my older vehicle things were different and I used a Winegard FM booster, a rather amazing but unfortunately now discontinued product.

ok, if we have people in fringe areas that were noticing it we'd probably look toward them for some field testing, why I asked

Back