Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Our DAB coverage is very poor so I'd dare say that's not a great consideration in Australia as not many are using it in vehicle at this stage

Yeah it's not something I'm familiar with either - I didn't even realize there car had it until I sat and played last weekend!

Really strange setup on the new VW though - same Scosche charger in my car charges my phone when using Tomtom - put it in their car and it doesn't supply enough power to charge and use tomtom so the battery drains, it's as though they're limiting the power to the fag lighter socket in the new ones.

We drive to the heart of Europe ;)

e4e44d398fd2.png

Complex scenes (the sun, the trees along the roadside), with sound and without sound, etc.

download raw video:

https://yadi.sk/i/aip9AheCgPRGt
https://yadi.sk/i/T00DyK3OgPRH7
https://yadi.sk/i/cdWKC3RKgPRHB
https://yadi.sk/i/YojwzjbmgPRHD

Last edited:
We rarely sell anything on eBay these days. eBay isn't what it used to be years ago.
Question for jokiin or anyone else who can answer.

Having an older car I do not have any USB ports in the car, just the cigarette lighter style accessory port, so if I use the power lead supplied with the unit then I have no other ports available. However, if I use a double USB port adapter in the cigarette lighter accessory port then I can have an extra USB available for my phone.

Now bear with me as electrical power, eg. volts, amps ohms, watts and etc. was never my strong point (even after reading the water through the pipe analogy). The power cable that came with the SG9665GC says that it supplies 5v 1.0A, so my question is, can I plug the SG9665GC into a USB port that supplies 2.0A, 2.1A or 3.1A without doing any damage to it (or must it be 1.0A or less only)?
When it comes to current output rating in chargers, it just means that it can supply UP to whatever the rating is (3.1A in this case). If the camera only uses 1 amp, then that's all the USB charger will deliver, so for safety and performance reasons, you just need to match the camera's power supply, or better.

You just need to make sure that the individual port can put out 1A in this case (wondering what the camera's actual power usage is), since many multi port chargers tend to have different output ratings for each port.

Jokiin, As soon as I can I'll remove the Onstar fuse and see if it makes any difference.

Fred
Well I removed the Onstar fuse and it made no difference. I'm out of options. I even disconnected the GPS from the GC and no difference.

Fred.

I have just purchased the SG9665GC and the FM signal generally gets obliterated across all frequencies, I have tried both the supplied power adapter and another cheap Chinese adapter. I need to do some more testing and will document the various combinations, will probably do at the weekend. I do get a medium amount of interference when my HTC phone is plugged in. As I get the problem when parked at home I can also try powering the device from the mains to see if that helps isolate things a bit more. I'm driving a UK model Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi 2005 with Sony radio.

I have just purchased the SG9665GC and the FM signal generally gets obliterated across all frequencies, I have tried both the supplied power adapter and another cheap Chinese adapter. I need to do some more testing and will document the various combinations, will probably do at the weekend. I do get a medium amount of interference when my HTC phone is plugged in. As I get the problem when parked at home I can also try powering the device from the mains to see if that helps isolate things a bit more. I'm driving a UK model Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi 2005 with Sony radio.
Your Sony radio is aftermarket, right ?
Does your Ford has an extetnal radio antenna or its on the rear windscreen ?

getting interference from your phone indicates there's something wrong, first thing to check would be your antenna system, if it's amplified, particularly if in glass you need to make sure it has been wired correctly to your aftermarket radio, in some cases there are other wires, not just the antenna lead that are part of the antenna system

Well I removed the Onstar fuse and it made no difference. I'm out of options. I even disconnected the GPS from the GC and no difference.

Fred.

what is the make and model of your vehicle and is the radio system all stock, nothing added, no amplifiers etc?

At least I am not getting the 'phone' interference...

what is the make and model of your vehicle and is the radio system all stock, nothing added, no amplifiers etc?
Hi Jokiin, my car is a '10 corvette and it's all stock I have not changed anything.
As I understand it the stock antennas are amplified, the AM/FM antenna is in the tail end of the car, the XM antenna is in the dash and the Onstar is on the windshield right next to the passenger sunvisor but connects through the car radio antenna. I mentioned in an earlier post that I replaced the usb cables and the cig. adapter twice as well as removing the Onstar fuse and no change.
I have noticed that in certain areas disconnecting either of the GC usb cables will ease the interference a bit, you can still hear the distortion just not as strong, but disconnecting both will clear the signal completely. Oh and by the way the interference is across all FM stations doesn't matter, I lose them all.

At this point I'm not sure if hardwire to the fuse box will make any difference.

Fred

Can you try powering the cameras via power bank or laptop USB ports as a test? (To completely isolate the system)
Jon, not sure. I don't have a power bank but I'll take my laptop with me next time and try that. Might take me a couple of days.

Fred

Or extension cords to a house garage outlet with phone USB chargers. I don't have any other GC owners at the moment with FM interference so this is a bit of a mystery.

Laptop might not provide enough power

We're still looking into some other possible fixes for you
Jokiin, that's my fear. I believe the laptop provides only about .5 amp barely enough to charge a smartphone battery, and that's when the laptop is plugged into a wall power source, not sure what it will provide just off the laptop battery.

Fred

Jon, not sure. I don't have a power bank but I'll take my laptop with me next time and try that. Might take me a couple of days.

Fred

if possible can you park another vehicle next to yours and plug the cig adapter into their socket to isolate your electrics, just helps to determine if it's power related or the camera itself that is the source, then we know where we need to look

is it only FM that is a problem, how about AM or XM, any issues with those at all?

and the Onstar is on the windshield right next to the passenger sunvisor but connects through the car radio antenna.

this I need to look into, even though you don't use the Onstar service the connection to the antenna system may still be relevant in picking up induced noise

this I need to look into, even though you don't use the Onstar service the connection to the antenna system may still be relevant in picking up induced noise

Not sure how the Onstar connects, but it does have a connection through the car's antenna. Onstar has some sort of cellular service and I believe it's connected through the car antenna. I thought removing the onstar fuse would help but the interference was still present, I did lose the cars bluetooth connection to my smartphone.
There is a connection to the antenna hidden by the passenger sun visor, I'll have to locate it and disconnect the onstar antenna see if that does anything.

Fred

Back