Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Hi jokiin, I have all 3 units installed and all are working flawlessly :). Will the forthcoming firmware update have the option to imprint the speed on the video?

not yet, it's something we're working on still, we need to be able to support mph or kph (the data is in knots so we need to convert to each output format), need selectable on/off but also need it accurate and without causing other issues, embedded speed in the OSD is not real time and can cause a bunch of issues, we want to do it but need to do it right, bit of work to go yet

Second, I just wanted to compliment jokiin and Pier28 for the really amazing support for these products. I've never seen support like this for anything. I have faith that I'll never need to contact either of them for anything other than ordering the dash cam, but it's really great to know that in the event I likely do something stupid, they're there to provide unparalleled support because I've likely gone and done something incredibly stupid.
Several of my friends and business associates have reported to me that they have received the same extraordinary service and support from them as well! It really is uncommon to receive this level of service and support :)

Several of my friends and business associates have reported to me that they have received the same extraordinary service and support from them as well! It really is uncommon to receive this level of service and support :)

that couldn't be a chance encounter and could only mean you recommended someone to us so we need to say thanks for the referral, much appreciated :)

I have to agree as well, my first experience with another dashcam wasn't a good one (it didn't even last to the install). After that and a bit of study on these forums, I purchased an SG9665GC from Pier 28 based on what I perceived as great customer service. I've been very happy with the decision and the camera so far. It's nice to know there is someone who'll back up the product with support if need be.

I just noticed that the time is one hour forward. Have set the time manually and time zone set to Adelaide. Not sure if I missed a setting somewhere.

I just noticed that the time is one hour forward. Have set the time manually and time zone set to Adelaide. Not sure if I missed a setting somewhere.

To make sure you have accurate automatic GPS date/time, you should offset an additional one hour to compensate for "Summer Time" daylight savings time DST months
Example:
California = -07
New York = -04

Fall/Winter Time Zone Setting:
California = -08
New York = -05

The "location" names will be going away in the next firmware to avoid this confusion.

Awesome fixed!!!! Thanks Pier28!!!

Am now. I'm not to smart sometimes lol. Thanks Jokiin.

Am now. I'm not to smart sometimes lol. Thanks Jokiin.
yeah as @Pier28 mentioned we're removing the names from the timezones as it can be confusing with DST offsets

if you've changed back an hour best to format the card also or it can put a bunch of files out of order due to time based file naming convention which can trip things up

its great being in queensland when it comes to time zones as ours never changes. we just get up at 5am in the morning when its light and goto bed at 6pm when its dark in summer.

we just get up at 5am in the morning when its light and goto bed at 6pm when its dark in summer.

Thats how human beings lived for thousands of years when they did not had TV-s. Now after sun goes down, yes we can go to bed, but if stupid TV remote control is nearby, then you still awake till mid-night :)

TV, what's that?

yeah, I have to ask my other half ;)
TV ( TW ? ) = time waster !

technology-technology-television-high_definition_television-high_def_tv-technological_advancements-bven59_low.jpg

I'll be catching up on game of thrones soon at the very least :)
I've just sat and watched that - got myself an Amazon Fire TV Stick and hooked it up to a Dell monitor and it works great for streaming in the house from Plex.

I've managed to restrain and not watch the dodgy SD leaks that came out a few weeks back.

The reader is not a problem, I will use a standard SD adapter instead.
About this, is it normal that the card in the adapter seems very "loose", like the contacts are not really holding the card? I have not the impression that the card goes very deep and there's no "lock" feeling about it. Again just for information, I don't care.
Same failure with an old 4GB microSD I have lying here.

I was having the same problems with the included card reader and decided to take it apart to see what was going on.

I found that on the black plastic piece of the case, there are grooves that are supposed to press the card down onto the contacts when the card is inserted. When the card is inserted ever so slightly angle up in the slot, it will push against the black grooves and prevent the card from going any further into the reader. You can see how mine show marks of pushing against the grooves with the card.
img_20150427_011536-png.13155

If the card is inserted in a downward angle into the reader, you should be able to get it further in. Just don't insert with too much force when it starts to resist. The stopper isn't very strong and can break. You can see how I managed to break mine with that gray silver piece off to the side there.
img_20150427_012118-png.13156

Attachments

• IMG_20150427_011536.png
    IMG_20150427_011536.png
    419.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20150427_012118.png
    IMG_20150427_012118.png
    598.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by a moderator:
Back