Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

I just use the side of the car key or a credit card.
Yeah, I understand it works for a car assembled with the steering wheel mounted the wrong side....:D
But when the mirror is left of the cam, there's no room to insert whatever, even your finger, between the mirror mount and the cam.
The problem is the card sticks out from the wrong side of the cam :rolleyes:

OK OK I stop it...

Yeah, I understand it works for a car assembled with the steering wheel mounted the wrong side....:D

May be it's time for you to buy a right-hand drive car in Belgium. I mean the SG9665GC is more important and awesome than your car right? :P

While we appreciate the need to upgrade the car its perhaps more realistic to just make sure when mounting the camera to leave enough room to access the card, I have them both sides of the mirror and for sure the one on the left is easier, its not too much trouble to get the card out of the one on the right though

I lift the cam off the mount take out SD card and hang back up. Takes about 10 seconds. Mine is right of the mirror and have no issue with it. I do appreciate it would be a hassle to some to get out. I keep a plastic knife in the console I have used a couple times when my old fingers don't work properly but other than that use my thumb nail. When I settle down over checking my card constantly will only get out when need to. :)

Yep I see what you mean, but on my car the cam is so close to the roof that I can't remove it, can't go higher; the wires should have been angled to be able to do that.

The day I will need to take out the cam, I'll need to cut/remove the 3M tape too...
Depends on how long the windscreen's black-dotted area is. My setup works definitely best with a horizontal form factor cam.

It's only a problem for during holidays, otherwise the card stays in place always. So 50/60 times all in all since next year I hope there will be a newer model better suited to my usage.
I bought the 9665 only as a transitional step to cover 2015... Then it will go on the hatch window and all these little troubles will disappear.

Hello -

Does anyone have any reviews on how well the motion detection and G-Sensor work on the GC while parked? How do these features compare with other dash cams that support the same features? I realize that the GC does not pre-buffer and only provides video upon sensing motion or shock, but how well does it work? Does it accurately sense motion or jolts to the car?

My car is currently wired with a 5V micro usb wire, so if I opted for the SG or RC, would I have to get it rewired using the DC 12V? Or is there some sort of adapter that I can use to link the existing wires to the DC 12 input?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Hello -

Does anyone have any reviews on how well the motion detection and G-Sensor work on the GC while parked? How do these features compare with other dash cams that support the same features? I realize that the GC does not pre-buffer and only provides video upon sensing motion or shock, but how well does it work? Does it accurately sense motion or jolts to the car?

My car is currently wired with a 5V micro usb wire, so if I opted for the SG or RC, would I have to get it rewired using the DC 12V? Or is there some sort of adapter that I can use to link the existing wires to the DC 12 input?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

The SG uses a 5V mini-B USB connector not micro. The G-sensor locks the file to protect it after a collision or other impact but does not "provide video".

I'm not a fan of motion detection unless it is used in a perfectly quiet static environment like an underground parking garage. For this reason, I've never even tried out the motion deception on my SG. Instead I run the camera recording normally for several hours at a time when away from my vehicle.

G-sensor sensitivity can be set to high med low and works as well as other DashCam product in its class.

While not pre-buffered the GC uses a fast pause/resume standby record. Additional motion detection settings are coming in a future firmware enhamcement.

Last edited:
Hello -

ours is a little different to what most do with motion detect, pre buffer is generally considered the best of course, cameras without this normally stop and start recording based on motion detect, with ours we pause and resume which is quicker to react

we are also adding menu options to adjust the motion detect sensitivity and also the time out value so that you can have it record longer before pausing if you wish, these functions will be in the next firmware release

So I have my camera connected to a hardwire kit and have the "Motion Detection" feature on. The problem I'm having is that the camera will stop recording while I'm sitting at the light for more than 30 seconds or a minute. Is this normal? Is there anyway to make the timer longer before the video recording pauses?

So I have my camera connected to a hardwire kit and have the "Motion Detection" feature on. The problem I'm having is that the camera will stop recording while I'm sitting at the light for more than 30 seconds or a minute. Is this normal? Is there anyway to make the timer longer before the video recording pauses?

Next firmware will have more motion detection options. As Jokiin said above:

we are also adding menu options to adjust the motion detect sensitivity and also the time out value so that you can have it record longer before pausing if you wish, these functions will be in the next firmware release

Hi,
I did some testing over the weekend with the following results
power from car or mains made little or no difference to the level of interference on the radio.
The dashcam created more interference than a smart phone (HTC)
if I keep the USB power cables away from the radio ( not so much the aerial ) then the interference is reduced sometimes to almost nothing, in one instance just creating a loop in the USB cable further reduced the interference. Also the proximity of other USB cables ( not connected to anything ) to the one carrying the power also appear to reduce the interference.
So at this stage it looks like a shielding issue on the USB cables. I tried both the supplied adapter and cable and my own cables with the moulded chokes. The supplied cable appears to generate more interference. I am wondering if the use of branded and shielded cables will reduce or eliminate the problem
Trevor

ours is a little different to what most do with motion detect, pre buffer is generally considered the best of course, cameras without this normally stop and start recording based on motion detect, with ours we pause and resume which is quicker to react

Thanks for the information. Since my car is currently hard wired via a micro USB cable, would I be able to utilize this existing wiring for the GC if I used a "micro to mini" USB adapter? Also, if I opted for the SG or RC models, is there any sort of adapter I can use to connect my micro USD to the DC port on the SG/RC?

Thanks for the information. Since my car is currently hard wired via a micro USB cable, would I be able to utilize this existing wiring for the GC if I used a "micro to mini" USB adapter? Also, if I opted for the SG or RC models, is there any sort of adapter I can use to connect my micro USD to the DC port on the SG/RC?

You should be able to convert microUSB to miniUSB to power the SG9665GC via adapter yes

The DC port on the SGZC12RC is 12V-24V input
USB is only 5V
The SGZC12RC can be powered via the secondary microUSB port by the way alternatively.

Then, forget the "compact" design.

Who asked for it anyway?...
I didn't ask for it but it's definitely a factor in my purchase decision. I upgraded from a G1W-x to a SG9665GC and 'compact' and 'stealthy' were 2 of the factors (but not the only) in the decision.

Hi,
I did some testing over the weekend with the following results
power from car or mains made little or no difference to the level of interference on the radio.
The dashcam created more interference than a smart phone (HTC)
if I keep the USB power cables away from the radio ( not so much the aerial ) then the interference is reduced sometimes to almost nothing, in one instance just creating a loop in the USB cable further reduced the interference. Also the proximity of other USB cables ( not connected to anything ) to the one carrying the power also appear to reduce the interference.
So at this stage it looks like a shielding issue on the USB cables. I tried both the supplied adapter and cable and my own cables with the moulded chokes. The supplied cable appears to generate more interference. I am wondering if the use of branded and shielded cables will reduce or eliminate the problem
Trevor

we are changing the adapter to a better one, will arrange for you to get one of the updated ones as soon as they are available, please let your seller know your details so we can make sure you get one

While we appreciate the need to upgrade the car its perhaps more realistic to just make sure when mounting the camera to leave enough room to access the card, I have them both sides of the mirror and for sure the one on the left is easier, its not too much trouble to get the card out of the one on the right though
who needs a mirror, just rip it off and put a screen with a cam pointing out the rear up there.

Back