Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Then, forget the "compact" design.

Who asked for it anyway?
People afraid of having their windscreen shattered to steal an almost unknown and unheard of dashcam, while their 7-inch 400$ GPS is just lying there on the dashboard?
feel free to use one of these and mount to your window and stick a 4TB hard drive in it. let it keep recordings for 4 years and stick on on the back window too while ya at it.
rca.jpg

feel free to use one of these and mount to your window and stick a 4TB hard drive in it. let it keep recordings for 4 years and stick on on the back window too while ya at it.
rca.jpg
Nope, nice try but
1. doesn't work on 12V or USB.
2. Doesn't start recording automagically either...
3. No VHS connector on my laptop for copying...

I've been using the UBEC (http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=209) in a jury-rigged form (12V plug from cigarette/power socket to UBEC to Female USB Type A socket, just twisted wires & insulation tape) for several weeks now, and have no noticeable issues at all with FM interference.

As many of you would have also encountered, the power supplies and/or cables for a lot of dashcams are too short. The Mini 0803 has a 3m power cable which is fine if your 12V socket is in the dash, but many cars these days have the 12V socket in the console between the front seats.

I've promised for a while to write up the details for the assembly of my low interference UBEC-based 12V to 5V USB socket power converter. Well, at long last, I've completed the writeup and have posted it as a new thread in the DIY section:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/low-interference-ubec-based-12v-to-5v-usb-converter.11416/

Last edited by a moderator:
As many of you would have also encountered, the power supplies and/or cables for a lot of dashcams are too short. The Mini 0803 has a 3m power cable .

Why we have 4M leads on ours

Think this post would be better in the DIY section though

Think this post would be better in the DIY section though

Yes, quite right - thanks jokiin. Only new here and didn't spot the forum - just did as a followup to my previous post. Is there an easy way to move a post to another forum?

Yes, quite right - thanks jokiin. Only new here and didn't spot the forum - just did as a followup to my previous post. Is there an easy way to move a post to another forum?
copy and paste or report it in wrong section for mod to move.

copy and paste or report it in wrong section for mod to move.

Created as new thread in DIY section, and earlier post now revised to link across there. Thanks wozzzzza & jokiin.

we are changing the adapter to a better one, will arrange for you to get one of the updated ones as soon as they are available, please let your seller know your details so we can make sure you get one

Thanks Jokiin, will let Niko know and will feed back when I get it, hopefully it makes a big difference

Nope, nice try but
1. doesn't work on 12V or USB.
2. Doesn't start recording automagically either...
3. No VHS connector on my laptop for copying...

1. im sure this can be configured some way
2. im sure this can be overcome as well
3. im sure someone has an interface somewhere
just get one of them 360 degree google car cams.

the thin mount is fine but on closer inspection of the thick one I don't think it's up to the task and isn't good enough, we've arranged an updated version

Is this new mount going to be generally available or just packaged in new units? I used the thicker mount on my new install and just notice the honeycomb pattern showing through the 3M tape. Am I going to have an issue with loss of adhesion when the weather really starts to heat up here?

Is this new mount going to be generally available or just packaged in new units? I used the thicker mount on my new install and just notice the honeycomb pattern showing through the 3M tape. Am I going to have an issue with loss of adhesion when the weather really starts to heat up here?

updated bracket will be in the next production, we will have spares though so for anyone like yourself that needs a replacement we'll arrange that to you at no cost

updated bracket will be in the next production, we will have spares though so for anyone like yourself that needs a replacement we'll arrange that to you at no cost

I won't start over reacting until until I come out and find the camera dangling from the power cord ... :-) But it is nice to know that a replacement would be available, thanks for that.

Back