Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

My questIon there is, if you are having all these events why are you leaving them on the card? Would you not want to get the card out to review and save on your computer as soon as you can? You could delete them off the card then.
depends on firmware version, earlier versions will let you save up to 4 hours of locked files on a 32gb card, we've limited that in later versions as filling the card with lock files is unreasonable

If I was having events worth locking/saving I would be downloading and filing at the end of a day.
I cant see the point of leaving them on the card?
But maybe I am missing something here.

If I was having events worth locking/saving I would be downloading and filing at the end of a day.
I cant see the point of leaving them on the card?
But maybe I am missing something here.

I've seen people that leave them on the cards for months which is totally illogical

I totally forgot about testing the card... was super busy for a few days leading up to vacation time. Then vacation time happened and I forgot about everything.

Either way, my problem was solved by just swapping the mSD card with the one in my phone. My phone's SD just contains music, so even if the card completely died on me it's no big loss.

FWIW, other camera systems and software solutions I have seen and used would indicate if memory resources were low. It was a simple question about this one. Let's try not to read too much into it. ;)

Hi all, just signed up after lurking & being indecisive for probably too long.

I've been watching how Rick / jokiin has developed the Street Guardian products and particularly how these have been supported. Congratulation on that btw, looks excellent from all the +ve feedback. I'm ready to purchase and the SG9665GC best fits my wish list.

Two things have happened recently to drive me to purchase..
1st was road rage, guy got upset after a peak hour merge so decided to get out at the next lights, have a rant then kick my door in.
2nd was at a women's rep soccer game, politely asked some opposition players to move away from the field when smoking, later found car door kicked in.

So, will start with the SG9665GC as a front cam. Will also get a new deep cycle car battery and cable kit to permanently wire, permanently record.
All going well I'll swiftly be getting another for the rear and one for the better half's car.

Question for Rick as I'm concerned about the FM interference etc. Which outlet in Sydney has good stock turnover so I can ensure I get new stock? I'm inner west so the guys at Parramatta Rd Concord are close, or somewhere in the city?

Mazda Wagon (with kick me painted on side) ;-)

Mazda Wagon (with kick me painted on side) ;-)

ok, FM interference comes up about 1 in 100 cases, maybe less, Hyundai Santa Fe, some old Mercedes models, not many cars affected, that said we have made some changes recently to address that anyway

Cheers. I do a fair mount of driving in fringe reception areas, have an aftermarket Clarion nav system and read about the recent updates so wanted to make sure I purchase with those updates so as to avoid any hint of problem.
Should have a new toy to play with by the end of the day.

Two things have happened recently to drive me to purchase..
1st was road rage, guy got upset after a peak hour merge so decided to get out at the next lights, have a rant then kick my door in.
2nd was at a women's rep soccer game, politely asked some opposition players to move away from the field when smoking, later found car door kicked in.
sure you haven't got it confused and only the first event happened and you mistook the dent in the door thinking it was done by the second event when it was done in the first event? or is it another door that got kicked in?
you need 4 cams, one in each corner.
I've read that sandisk cards are not good in the SG. Would anyone happen to know if their new "high endurance" model would work? Sandisk states that these have been made specifically for dash cams/ security cams.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/high-endurance-microsd
i wouldn't get any sandisk full stop. i have no trust or faith in them at all whatsoever. i wouldn't even use one in my camera any more.

Cheers Woz, I do get easily confused these days so thankfully the insurance company checked it out for me.
Think 2 cams will be ample though, not talking about capturing the worlds deepest thinkers and (for me) parked car is generally approach from front or rear.

The SG9665GC, Carmen as she is now known, was waiting for me at home last night and unboxing & exploring entertained me for some time.
A little power bank gave plenty of juice to wander around the house, check out low light capabilities etc.

Some blue-tac held her in place for her 1st live workout on the run into work, and highlighted a challenge or two.
The nice wide angle means I can't mount her too close to the mirror & sensors as too close & their housing partially blocks side view.
Means I'll need to extend the 'dotted' area to get that stealthier, 'meant to be there' look.
On a lovely sky blue Sydney morning the glare off the dash was fairly intense, a quick custom cowling will negate that though.
May even experiment with the cowling to filter the top 1/4 and perhaps reduce some of the impact moving from light to shadow to light.
Noticed a flicker in the LED traffic lights, will need to check if she's on 50 or 60Hz.

Carmen was quite warm by the time I got to the office, will have to see how she goes when powered for extended periods.
Picture quality is everything I had expected, and my expectation was high.
Sound was excellent also, seems I'll now have a record of all my calls whilst on the road, undecided if that's a good thing! ;-)

Lots of things to keep me busy but all up a very good 1st experience. Well done Rick / jokiin. :-D

Back