Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Alexsoll
I jumped into the post regarding which sd cards but also asked for some help on some q's I posted directly in the BV650 page.

Cheers

Yes that's the one cheers

New 2nd batch has some additional- and improved accessories.
  • OTG MicroSD / SD Card reader ( MicroUSB / USB ), allows to playback video directly on your Android Smartphone.
  • Double-shielded cigarette lighter charger cable. Reduces FM / AM Radio interference.
  • EVA Foam pads for dashcam mount / holder
P.S. Memory card brand name and type may change depending on stock.

SG V2.jpg

I kind of wish there was an option without the MicroSD card. I jumped into a 64gig card right away. I guess it'll be nice to have a backup, but I would rather save the money up front.

Also, didn't like how they already attached the sticky pad on the GPS antenna. I wanted to flip it. In order to gain access to the screws, I had to flip it. So now I basically wasted 1 sticky pad.

I kind of wish there was an option without the MicroSD card. I jumped into a 64gig card right away. I guess it'll be nice to have a backup, but I would rather save the money up front.

Also, didn't like how they already attached the sticky pad on the GPS antenna. I wanted to flip it. In order to gain access to the screws, I had to flip it. So now I basically wasted 1 sticky pad.

Sorry we couldn't accommodate that need at this time. (we can for a high quantity special bulk/fleet orders)

Based on experience, the majority of customers prefer a full retail kit that is ready to go. It's a bit tough to manage multiple SKU's unfortunately. (especially on Amazon)

It appears the factory attached the adhesive pads in this latest batch. (last month they were not attached) I'll see if we can adjust that back to unattached again. (thanks)

I'm happy to send you spare pads for free, just PM me your address.

For EU customers I will be offering a 64Gb bundle option after my 2nd part of 2nd batch arrives. 1st part was all pre-sold and dispatched last week.

One hell of a happy bunny here after much help and support from Niko to completely solve the FM / AM Radio interference issue - "above and beyond the call of duty" in respect of customer service is the very least I can report in respect of this man's attitude and dedication to his customers and product line.

:D:D:D:cool:

One hell of a happy bunny here after much help and support from Niko to completely solve the FM / AM Radio interference issue - "above and beyond the call of duty" in respect of customer service is the very least I can report in respect of this man's attitude and dedication to his customers and product line.

we've been approached by some high volume sellers wanting to sell our product but to be honest the customer service stuff is too important to us, that's why we have the people we do selling our products, we look for quality not quantity

Taking this opportunity to thank Niko -and StreetGuardian teams- for sending an unrequested replacement power plug/cord.:)
No, I didn't install it yet, both busy and lazy:oops:, but it's a definite proof of customer care.
I just mentioned FM problems confirmed coming from the original camera power line, not asking anything because it was benign, and now here it is, a new item.
Hats off, with plume dusting the ground.

Recently my unit has not been recording my latest trips. I would say it stopped recording about 3 days ago.

I thought that maybe the card was at fault, so I tried formatting it with the unit. The format seemed to work just fine. However, the first trip after reformatting the card did not record either. So I took the card and dropped it into my phone, and was able to copy a few files to and from the microSD card. Likewise it worked with a computer and a digital camera. Obviously it's not an obvious issue with the card.

OK, maybe it's the camera? So I grab a spare 4GB card and drop it in to the unit, format it, and set it up. I go for a short test drive, and it records the trip just fine (albeit very chopping, I think because it's only a Class 4). So it's not the camera...

I grab the recently tested 32GB card and put it back into the camera, format it again, and go for a short spin around the block. Yet again, it doesn't record!

Is there any reason why the camera unit would not record to a specific microSD card, and yet that card would work with other devices (an Android phone, computer via SD->USB, and a digital camera via microSD->SD adapter)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked my firmware, and it's reading SG20150305.002. Isn't that the March firmware?

Is there maybe a specific firmware I could try out (say one earlier than March)?

Thanks!

You might be one of the handful of people with this problem and you should rollback your firmware.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9665gc-firmware-update.11806/page-2#post-165766

We are beta testing a new firmware this week and expect to have this resolved.

Yes card needs to be class 10

please rollback the firmware to the March version

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to ask before but you don't happen to use a Mac do you?
Nope, just Windows. I do have a Mac that I could use - would that help in any way?

That's the release firmware.

I'd say the memory card is intermittently going bad and should be tested deeper. Please check it via h2testw (windows) or F3 (mac) Best to test with the card empty/blank.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ng6g8oz7cekdizu/AABOLwWvh59Xlxqy-IDDFCsqa?dl=0
I'll give this a try!

I feel so dirty for turning the resolution down on my camera, while I temporarily use a Class 6 16GB card in it. The way this camera can record so well in day and night conditions... to me, it feels like the equivalent of driving a Porsche 3 blocks just to get groceries.

I finally got around to install my unit about a month ago and I too am having FM issues with my unit. I don't really listen to FM that often but when I there is a lot of static/noise as if the signal is low. When I unplug the unit FM is loud and clear. I have tried the adapter provided with the unit and 2 different mini USB to USB cable. One cable has a Ferrite Core and that made no difference. In addition to the FM signal issues, I am having issues with my Viper 2 way remote start/alarm. If I remote start the car, I can only unlock my doors when I am real close to the car.

Back