Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

depends which firmware version you are on but if you have changed the timezone an hour forward and time is correct then you're all good

What is the preferred way to change the daylight saving time? I just changed the time zone 1 hour east.

That's how it's done.

Don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, or if a fix is coming in the a future firmware upgrade but I notice a strange date on some of files

Most were what I expected but 3 of them were dated 01/10/2107. Presumably because of the future date these files were not being deleted automatically.

Not really an issue but thought I'd mention it just in case :)

Don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, or if a fix is coming in the a future firmware upgrade but I notice a strange date on some of files

Most were what I expected but 3 of them were dated 01/10/2107. Presumably because of the future date these files were not being deleted automatically.

will be fixed in next firmware release I believe.

Don't by any chance drive a DeLorean do you?

what version are you on now?

there's actually a known issue with that version, will get @niko to follow up with you on what version you should be using for now, we will have a newer version which should release soon though

there's actually a known issue with that version, will get @niko to follow up with you on what version you should be using for now, we will have a newer version which should release soon though
Ok. I will wait.

Just wanted to post an update here for folks who had TPMS issues with the SG9665GC. I had tried the replacement power cord, and still had issues with my 2014 Chevy Volt. I recently just received the new improved unit and what looks like another new power cord from Pier28. Installed everything and initially the TPMS errors went away with the new unit for several days, however I did get an error again yesterday.

I have gotten awesome service for this prickly problem and I do really appreciate all the work that has been done to try and solve the issue, however I have decided to move the SG9665GC to our older Acura and use a different dash cam in the Volt. I had previously been running with a Panorama S, which I have now re-installed, so we will see if I have any issues with it. The Volt just may not be dash cam friendly with that big antenna box right by the rear-view mirror. I suppose it is possible I actually have TPMS sensor issues, however I haven't been able to get the error to pop even when driving for a couple of weeks with the dash cam uninstalled, so I am leaning towards the cam as causing the issue.

thanks for the update, it's a rather odd problem, not sure if TPMS is standard but we do have other Volt owners using the new cameras and no mention of any problems (I take it the problem is obvious enough that they should have noticed?), or TPMS is not a standard feature?

the antenna for the system up in that area may be a challenge though regardless, car manufacturers don't have to consider (and rightly so) any third party devices so there may be some vehicle systems we can't work around

thanks for the update, it's a rather odd problem, not sure if TPMS is standard but we do have other Volt owners using the new cameras and no mention of any problems (I take it the problem is obvious enough that they should have noticed?), or TPMS is not a standard feature?

the antenna for the system up in that area may be a challenge though regardless, car manufacturers don't have to consider (and rightly so) any third party devices so there may be some vehicle systems we can't work around

TPMS is a standard feature, so I might just be the unlucky Volt owner, LOL. The problem is pretty noticeable, as you get a error message on your dash screen that blocks your view of the other readings until you dismiss it. The Volts have changed somewhat since they released, so its possible older model Volts won't have the issue.

Its a great camera, and my husband had been wanting one, so transferring it to his car works well. I will update you if I ever figure out that the problem was my car not the camera.

Hello Jokiin & Pier 28 person, super new member here with a medium old question. I definitely want to buy the SG9665GC, been reading a ton about dash cam's and this seems to be the ticket. BUT... I really need the GPS speed display embedded in the video. Or more accurately, displayed in the video. I know the question was raised by CoolyKid in April, at which point Jokiin replied it was still being worked on. Well, any updates? If it is a certainty that the capability will be introduced in the near future, I'll pull the trigger and just wait patiently for the updated firmware. But if there's ANY possibility that it wan't come to fruition, then I really don't want to take the leap, as I'll have to buy something else to meet my needs.

If anybody is curious why I'm so hell-bent for the speed to be displayed, well, I live in Portland, Oregon, and plan on making a video documenting the complete and utter lack of traffic light timing in my beloved city. It will be helpful to show I'm traveling at the proscribed speed as I hop from red light to red light.

TIA,
Rocket Man

at this stage it's something we're looking at but no promises, embedded speed is not real time and as a result is not always accurate (which could work against what you want it for anyway) unless we can do it with accuracy it won't happen, we're not into doing half baked features that only exist for the purposes of marketing

Best option is to use registratorviewer to create a subtitle file as you export the video clip you want. This will allow you to show embedded actual real time GPS data on the video even in YouTube etc. it's quite simple to do.

Wow, quick reply Jokiin & Mr. Pier. Thanks. I'll look into the registratorviewer. There's a ton of stuff to learn. Just what I need, another hobby.

Back