Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

Interesting.. their RRP listed is also higher than the price direct from the Street Guardian site.
But you save $51!!!
buy it from me. retail $999, my price $498, thats 49% saving, save $501. i have bigger savings, buy from me.

Is the price on the Street Guardian website correct?

that's the retail price in AUD of the version supplied with the 64GB High Endurance memory card

I think the question everyone is footsieing around is:

What exactly is the USD price for this cam?

Considering you get to watch everyone lose their minds over this thing... Priceless. How can you put a number on that?

Exact price I can't tell you but it will be cheaper than just the AUD price converted to USD as we have some taxes and charges which don't apply in the USA

Exact price I can't tell you but it will be cheaper than just the AUD price converted to USD as we have some taxes and charges which don't apply in the USA

So, according to my new-fangled mathematics, that means it will be $119 USD? GREAT. I'll take two!

Ok, how about this. You have the GC V3 + 64Gb currently listed at $349 AUD. Considering it can be had for around $199 USD atm, that would mean you could employ a .57 conversion ratio (199/349) to deduce a price for the DC + 64GB based on the current listed $499 AUD price. So ...

$499 *.57 = $285 (let's say $299).

Is that what we're talking about? (obviously that would be without factoring-in all the various sweet DCT-exclusive discounts that I'm certain will bring it down closer to my original $119 USD)

Will release in August, USD list Price is ~$350. A bit expensive!
It will also have some basic wifi features (i.e.: downloading images)
I got the info from Street Guardian Support.

Does anyone know about the parking mode feature?

Will release in August, USD list Price is ~$350. A bit expensive!
It will also have some basic wifi features (i.e.: downloading images)
I got the info from Street Guardian Support.

Does anyone know about the parking mode feature?
wow thats expensive.... would it allow us to download or view video via our phones from bluetooth/wifi?

...(obviously that would be without factoring-in all the various sweet DCT-exclusive discounts that I'm certain will bring it down closer to my original $119 USD)
I like your way of thinking. (y):D

A bit expensive!
you are paying for quality product and quality warranty and quality support and regular firmware updates. feel free to get a cheap chinese cam with no support and crap quality, you'll be replacing it every year and end up costing you more.

You are paying for MAP policies which ensure that the special sellers given the authorization to sell this cam will make gobs of money off of it too :eek:

You don't get what you don't pay for, but sometimes you don't get what you do pay for. Your money, your choice ;) I've decided to wait for the dual remote as my finances aren't faring as well as I'd like right now and it will be a better fit for my needs too.

Phil

You are paying for MAP policies which ensure that the special sellers given the authorization to sell this cam will make gobs of money off of it too :eek:

we only set the RRP (recommended retail price) in Australia, dealers are free to sell for whatever price they like but the basics of an RRP is that it should not be sold for any higher than that price, if you look at the price on our website everything is listed at the RRP but if you like to search the different dealers, online sellers etc that sell our product you'll see that they can be had cheaper just about everywhere, sell it too cheap and they make nothing at all so they generally only discount down to a level they feel comfortable with, they would certainly make more money if they sold at RRP but the reality is it's a buyers market and people will shop around so discounting happens, there's no gobs of money unfortunately

we don't have any MAP pricing policy, it's actually illegal to do that in our market, never going to happen

...if you like to search the different dealers, online sellers etc that sell our product you'll see that they can be had cheaper just about everywhere, sell it too cheap and they make nothing at all so they generally only discount down to a level they feel comfortable with, they would certainly make more money if they sold at RRP but the reality is it's a buyers market and people will shop around so discounting happens, there's no gobs of money unfortunately
Reality

Beautiful looking camera.
The rear camera's styling is so original, and it is so compact too.
Will the DC's front and rear cameras outperform the GC in low light, and by how much?
I am happy to buy, and pass my old GC's on, as long as DC can really outperform GC...

SG9663DC.jpg

Will the DC's front and rear cameras outperform the GC in low light, and by how much?

The sensor on the DC's rear camera and the GC are the same, IMX322 from Sony. DC's front camera utilises a IMX291 sensor. Definitely an upgrade, especially in low light.

Probably SG are able to squeeze out a bit more from the 322, owing to the newer chipset.

The sensor on the DC's rear camera and the GC are the same, IMX322 from Sony. DC's front camera utilises a IMX291 sensor. Definitely an upgrade, especially in low light.

Probably SG are able to squeeze out a bit more from the 322, owing to the newer chipset.

How come the new DC didn't use the IMX291 in the rear camera as well?

Back