Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

My time is running out. I will leave in 10 days for hotter climates. I was hoping to travel with the new DC cam, but now it's not looking likely. I will have to hardwire the A119S and the mini 903 I already have. Too bad. I would rather not have to repeat the hardwiring for the DC when it becomes available. Any special suggestion for hardwiring from the DC testers of from @jokiin or @niko? To avoid rewiring, I was planning on using a micro USB cable and temporarily use a micro USB to mini USB adapter for the A119S.
Any particular cable needs for the DC? What side is the USB port? I assume that if I find a proper definitive position for the A119S, it should be ok also for the front DC cam?
Any suggestion, input, criticism is welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

not a usb port, like a phone plug for a wall home phone. if i remember correctly, totally different end on it.

DC has standard 5V MiniUSB port as power input.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

This is how power cables plug looks like

IMG_20170522_224210.jpg

Is there a name for this plug configuration? I'm still not sure which way is "right hand" or "left hand" (LOL me :rolleyes:) but I was thinking just yesterday about how an "up" or "down" cable like this could solve a few configuration problems. This is the first of these I've seen and I like it :D

Phil

Is there a name for this plug configuration? I'm still not sure which way is "right hand" or "left hand" (LOL me :rolleyes:) but I was thinking just yesterday about how an "up" or "down" cable like this could solve a few configuration problems. This is the first of these I've seen and I like it :D

Phil

These are pretty good, long enough for the connector bit to go inside the headliner space or under the rubber beading (rear install). Using the 'down' version for my Mobius cameras and the angled one's on its way for the A119S.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Min...-angle-left-Mini-USB-male-to/32738085597.html

When I was sourcing out micro-usb for SGZC12RC supplier called below plug as down-direction

http://hiniko.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=166_170&product_id=296

As I understood if micro-usb plug wider part is looking one way and cable is facing opposite way then they call it down direction. Following this logic I can call mini-usb plug for DC as up-direction ? Besides in relation to DC unit it is obvious it facing up.

Phil

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the explanations which clears up my confusion regards these. Now I will know what to be searching for instead of having to scroll through hundreds or thousands of product pics to find what I want :D

Phil

These are pretty good, long enough for the connector bit to go inside the headliner space or under the rubber beading (rear install). Using the 'down' version for my Mobius cameras and the angled one's on its way for the A119S.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Min...-angle-left-Mini-USB-male-to/32738085597.html

Looks like different sellers may advertise it differently, but from that link we can tell it called down-direction where cable end on DC will be face up.

-1600249655-1309378370.jpg

Thanks to all for the explanations which clears up my confusion regards these. Now I will know what to be searching for instead of having to scroll through hundreds or thousands of product pics to find what I want :D

Phil

Yeah, no matter who and how they call it,for DC to be facing up need to rely on this picture.

IMG_20170522_224210.jpg

Does the rear camera have its own power cable or does it receive current from the front camera?

Thank you all for the information.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Back