I pulled the trigger on the GC, will be arriving tomorrow. That should give me time to figure it out and decide how I want to mount and wire it. So until the DC comes out, I'll see you on the GC forum!

And a bit of cayenne in the batter. (y)
Yep, the Louisiana brand batter mix is pretty good, and has some lemon already in it.

maybe when i get a DC, i'll set up one camera on the counter and another next to the frying pan to show the right way to "brew" catfish (or tilapia or flounder or .......). :D that'd make a rather unusual stress test, dealing with the heat and spatter from the oil! i doubt @jokiin would warranty that kind of damage for some reason. :p

I prefer them pan-fried. Flour batter, veggie oil, hot skillet, fish turned over twice. Done right you can lift the meat off the featherbones cleanly without it falling apart ;) A dash of salt and pepper if wanted.

Old Southern catfish recipe:
Nail fish to a board through the head to clean it.
Remove skin and entrails.
Remove nail and remove the fish from the board.
Eat the board and throw the fish to the cats who have no idea of what really tastes good anyhow
:ROFLMAO:

Phil

I prefer them pan-fried. Flour batter, veggie oil, hot skillet, fish turned over twice. Done right you can lift the meat off the featherbones cleanly without it falling apart ;) A dash of salt and pepper if wanted.

Eat the board and throw the fish to the cats who have no idea of what really tastes good anyhow

Phil
Thanks Phil I will pass on the Old Southern recipe! The way you prefer them sounds better :D

I catch fish i dont eat them if there are alternatives, things like shrimps and other crawlers in water i can do.

Phil

I can send you some 3M VHB tape, so you can attach your dashcam to the wall in the kitchen. We all like to see the master chef do the cooking.:smuggrin:

@SawMaster

Have you put august 21 in your calendar.
Solar eclipse in SC
sc.jpg

I can send you some 3M VHB tape, so you can attach your dashcam to the wall in the kitchen. We all like to see the master chef do the cooking.:smuggrin:

My best cooking technique is placing my order at the drive-thru speaker :p I eat at one place so much that the two remaining hairs on my head have grown into arches :ROFLMAO:

I'd see about 2m 15s of the eclipse if I were here at home, but I'll be working somewhere so could be + or - several seconds. I recall a total eclipse as a child, can't remember where I was as we moved a lot and many of those old memories were erased or greatly dimmed via my past alcohol and drug abuse :( I do remember that it became eerily quiet as the birds and insects ceased to make any sounds as it happened. Now age is affecting my memory but it will be a treat to see again anyway :D

Phil

@Catfish Brewer - I gotta ask... how exactly do you "brew" catfish? personally i prefer them deep-fried and with a little lemon juice squeezed on top. :D
Maybe that's why nobody likes my catfish brew and fried beer, I've been doing it backwards all this time!!! I'm a homebrewer and I call my basement brewery Catfish Cove after the little cove behind my house where I can't catch anything but catfish (that's not a bad thing). I fry mine like @SawMaster, dredge it in flour and cornmeal, salt and pepper and deep fry it in peanut oil. I add the hot sauce to it on the plate as my wife is not a fan of spicy foods.

My best cooking technique is placing my order at the drive-thru speaker :p I eat at one place so much that the two remaining hairs on my head have grown into arches :ROFLMAO: :D Phil

You are funny Man Phil

Last edited:
Maybe that's why nobody likes my catfish brew and fried beer, I've been doing it backwards all this time!!! I'm a homebrewer and I call my basement brewery Catfish Cove after the little cove behind my house where I can't catch anything but catfish (that's not a bad thing). I fry mine like @SawMaster, dredge it in flour and cornmeal, salt and pepper and deep fry it in peanut oil. I add the hot sauce to it on the plate as my wife is not a fan of spicy foods.

Try mustard oil. Let it smoke off completely before starting to fry.

The SG9663DC really needs to get released ASAP. Look what is happening to these people! They are starting to go off the deep end! And unfortunately I am starting to slip too! Pretty soon the wife is going to just spend the money set aside for this on something we don't need! Please help!

we can't release it when we know something needs fixing first, as soon as it' sorted it will be available

Nobody likes delays, but when something is discovered that can be dialed in one notch better than originally planned it's worth a short wait.
I have been told my humor needs work. I can see now it does. :(

Back