Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

Used to be you could blame Micro$oft for that as they would incorporate into Internet Explorer (proprietary?) 'extensions' of standard HTML. Sites that were developed using those extensions would only work properly when viewed with I.E.
used to be? still is! it's the only reason IE still exists. if so many sites still out there weren't tailor made for IE, then MS would have already killed off IE and gone to just Edge. at least edge sticks to actual web standards instead of making up its own crap as it goes.

Crome just freak me out, so do edge.
i use to be IE then changed to the fox, so now fox are standard and IE backup.
My hardware and the Win7 became friends with Internet Explrer 11. and does not like the fox (...just freak me out© :) )
I use not only IE, but also the chrome

FF does OK for me. All of these buggers will spy on you to some degree no matter what you do :( Web developers claim it is to enhance your experience and permit better and faster development but I don't drink their kool-aid :p IE/Edge is semi-closed source proprietary so all you can get is what the company wants you to have :mad: FF is semi-open source where the developers have a more free hand in designing, and with no other agenda driving their decisions :) Still kool-aid, just a more palatable flavor IMHO ;)

Phil

Crome just freak me out, so do edge.
i use to be IE then changed to the fox, so now fox are standard and IE backup.

You would not believe the hoops i have jumped thru in regard to google :rolleyes: its at a stage where my android phone will barely work with all the things i have turned off.

They might have set out not to be evil, but they are on so many ways today.
If some one comment on a YT video of mine, i am not told in anyway, sp some times i stumbe over week old questions or comments :oops: but google force my hand in this matter too.

This does not sound like a Google Chrome issue, but an issue with YouTube notification (perhaps it is not set up to email you or push notifications to your phone when you receive a new comment on one of your videos, or receive a message?). I don't work for Google, but I do want to clear up any misunderstandings.

Is there any pictures of what all is included in the box? Does this model use same kind of clip-on cover to hide the wires?

No box shots yet, about the wire hider then i am not sure, it is a wedge camera but if the wires connect in same location as current cameras i do not know.

I would just bundle the 1-2-3 wires together in black shrink wrap, and then when installed and all neat shrink the sucker up to have 1 single "wire" with a much smaller footprint than the plastic shield like on the GC.

The Mini USB, GPS and secondary camera connectors are on the side, don't think a wire cover/hider is part of the design.

Just a possible feature request while firmware updates are running through hot.

My cheap chinese cam (before my current SG) did this, and I miss the feature.

Basically when I clicked the "save event" button, it marked the current video, the previous and the following as an event, my current SG only does the currently playing segment.

That way if there's anything that happened, I've got a few minutes before and after it as well as during - which means I definitely have the full event captured.

Currently I have to save the event, and then remember to take it out straight away when I get home and manually copy the before/after segments.

Currently: SGZC12SG V2 Pro.

Was that added in a recent firmware? (I haven't updated this yet at all).

Well I guess that's even more of reason to upgrade then :cool:

Well I guess that's even more of reason to upgrade then :cool:
as soon as this camera get released soon, theres ya chance. member and current customer discount as well i believe.

The Australian Website states $499 AUS for the price, that comes to $395 US,
Is this the Ball Park range for the MSRP? I have a 3000 mile trip scheduled for
the third week in September and i would like to have the new camera installed
for it. Otherwise I have to try and repair my Finevue that started corrupting SD cards
after the internal Battery Died.

Thanks

Malodave

W3 in September should be doable i think, but you better rely what jokiin say as he is after all the guy on the ball all the time in this regard.

No box shots yet, about the wire hider then i am not sure, it is a wedge camera but if the wires connect in same location as current cameras i do not know.

I would just bundle the 1-2-3 wires together in black shrink wrap, and then when installed and all neat shrink the sucker up to have 1 single "wire" with a much smaller footprint than the plastic shield like on the GC.

Could you link me to a how-to tutorial for that? That sounds like a neat solution to cable management. Thank you.

The Australian Website states $499 AUS for the price, that comes to $395 US,
Is this the Ball Park range for the MSRP? I have a 3000 mile trip scheduled for
the third week in September and i would like to have the new camera installed
for it. Otherwise I have to try and repair my Finevue that started corrupting SD cards
after the internal Battery Died.

Thanks

Malodave

the US price should be cheaper than just the converted AUD to USD value, we have some other taxes etc in Australia that don't apply over there

Heat shrink are just some plastic tubing you can get in all colors, when you heat it up it shrink and so fix to and if need insulate wires.

You can often buy a little case with a assortment of the tubing in stores like the by gone radio shack that have different electronic stuff, that will give you a lot of sizes of heat shrink tubing from match size up to garden hose size.

if you like to mess with things heat shrink tube are a must have.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01GO1D4Z6

Australia Tax? :whistle:
It's a reality of doing business here unfortunately, the people that complain about it generally overlook the other diffences as well like cost of living, average wage etc, when you factor it all in it's not that different

Back