Been thinking about investing in vibrating **** rings.....any thoughts?

;)

Aluminum will turn white sauce green. The free aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's.
My pans are stainless. Getting an aluminum pan with a great non-stick coating should mean the aluminum never gets into contact with the food so it is safe.
Oh no!! Off topic again? DONT REPLY it will start all over again:):)

I need a dashcam because I am afraid of something like this happening to me

whats the best type of saucepan to get for cooking? stainless steel or aluminium?

Aluminum will turn white sauce green. The free aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's.
My pans are stainless. Getting an aluminum pan with a great non-stick coating should mean the aluminum never gets into contact with the food so it is safe.

definitely stainless steel.

Although i've started to look at the induction pans lately.. they're pricey, but I wonder if they have any significant pros over today's stainless pots and pans.

Yes, keep quiet about cameras, let people dig their own grave first, the longer it will be before you encounter the same dumb ass on the street.

Yes, keep quiet about cameras, let people dig their own grave first, the longer it will be before you encounter the same dumb ass on the street.

a couple of years ago I installed the Panorama G when SG first branded it on my wife's car and told her about it and walked her through on what to do in case of an emergency/accident (press the e button) and then not to say a word about it.
One day she's headed to work dinner event and she's on the outside lane of a two-lane turning lane w/ protected light. Shortly before the green arrow lights, you can see a car on the inside turn lane appear in the frame. When light turns green they both go and she begins her wide turn as she's on the outside and just as she crosses the cross walk paint the guy on the inside lane side swipes her as he cuts into her lane.

They both pull over and right away the guy is throwing his hands up trying to blame my wife and she's not the timid type so right away she lays into him saying he doesn't know wtf he's talking about and she has no time to argue, license and insurance info... They exchange info and go their separate way.

That night, we watch the video and it was amazing how much you miss from all the commotion and stress that occurs due to the "accident". Clearly the guy was in the wrong by coming into her lane, but then you have to wonder, why? Typically it's the people in the outside lane who cut through to the left lane and it didn't make a lot of sense. So we kept watching and finally we noticed!

The guy driving was younger brother who we'll call "Bro2" and older brother is "Bro1". So Bro2 is driving and he's on his way to pick up Bro1 from work which happens to be the restaurant my wife is headed. Just as Bro2 was turning he noticed Bro1 had walked towards the end of the street and because it's a small street and no traffic that night he decided it was a good idea to immediately pull over so that Bro1 can walk and get in the car. By doing that he ended up side swiping my wife.

Additionally, in the video, Bro1 WALKS into the frame of the camera as Bro2 is at my wife's driver side door talking to her (maybe distracting her). Bro1 is seen walking directly to the passenger side of his car reaching into the glove box and then walking back to my wife where he calms bro2 down and says he'll handle it. He then apologizes to my wife and they exchange information.

Now comes the fun part. Insurance. We call insurance and give our statement and let them know that we have a video of the incident and send them the clip showing the accident all the way up to the part where info is exchanged. A day or two later we're expecting a call from the other parties' insurance and i tell my wife not to mention the camera until the very end unless they bring it up first because i'm curious to know what Bro1 and 2 said about the accident. Apparently our insurance did not communicate to the other party about the video so they didn't bring it up. After we gave our statement we asked if a decision was made on who's at fault because our insurance has already determined fault and that's when they let us know it's being disputed because Bro1 said that my wife ran a red light and she's at fault. At that moment, my wife drops "have you not watched the video?" followed by a pause and the agent saying, "what video?" So we proceed to email the video and awaited response.

By this time we've got the car back completely fixed. Cost was about $2,300. We got a final call and letter that week saying the other party was 100% at fault.

I'm no expert so I can't speculate on what happened to Bro1 and 2. Bro1 told his insurance he was driving - video shows he was not driving the car. Bro1 also said my wife ran a red light - video showed that wasn't true.

Hopefully, by the time you all finish reading this long post the DC will have been released! lol

I got through that before release, an interesting story all the same and an all too common occurrence these days unfortunately where drivers will flat out lie to try and get out of their responsibility

Hopefully, by the time you all finish reading this long post the DC will have been released! lol
an hour and a half later i finish, checked website in hope, but alas, "AVAILABLE SOON!" still remains.

I got through that before release, an interesting story all the same and an all too common occurrence these days unfortunately where drivers will flat out lie to try and get out of their responsibility

After having suffered injustice several times this exact way, I simply will no longer drive without a dashcam. I'll bring my extra one if need be. It will NOT happen again ;)

Phil

After having suffered injustice several times this exact way, I simply will no longer drive without a dashcam. I'll bring my extra one if need be. It will NOT happen again ;)

Phil
Yeah, I'm finding myself more and more thinking about how I can stealthily install 2 front cams - just in case.

I dont have a long range front camera at the moment, i am also toying with the idea of going for a larger than 8 mm lens for that job.

I want to be able to capture plates and other smaller details some 6-7 car lengths ahead of me.

I need a dashcam because I am afraid of something like this happening to me
That is not a good example. We don't know if it was staged or not but in the event it was a real situation, who knows what would've happened if she kept quiet about the cameras. She was alone against 2 guys, she didn't know what their intentions were, she had the whole situation and the face of the guy in grey on "tape"... The camera was her best defense, naturally she had to use it. I very much doubt the low-life scummer (yeah, it's not a typo, it's an intentional "mistake") had any insurance to make a claim against her.

I dont have a long range front camera at the moment, i am also toying with the idea of going for a larger than 8 mm lens for that job.

I want to be able to capture plates and other smaller details some 6-7 car lengths ahead of me.
But Kami, the plates in Denmark are as big as billboards so 7 car lengths to capture I don't think poses any difficulty

hehe yeah in regard to plate capture we Euro boys have it easy ( same readable plates all over )

Meanwhile US plate numbers seem to be getting smaller. And some states don't understand the concept of needing contrasting colors between the art and the numbers. Georgia had some especially bad ones when I was there a few weeks ago. And about 10 years ago Texas had some bad ones too.

Edit: and several are going to plates where the numbers aren't stamped into the plate, so it's completely flat, and really easy to have glare or other reflections obscure it from being read. They used to stamp the numbers in to make them harder to forge, but also to make them legible in more conditions, such as when they're dirty.

Last edited:
Meanwhile US plate numbers seem to be getting smaller. And some states don't understand the concept of needing contrasting colors between the art and the numbers. Georgia had some especially bad ones when I was there a few weeks ago. And about 10 years ago Texas had some bad ones too.

Edit: and several are going to plates where the numbers aren't stamped into the plate, so it's completely flat, and really easy to have glare or other reflections obscure it from being read. They used to stamp the numbers in to make them harder to forge, but also to make them legible in more conditions, such as when they're dirty.
Seems counter intuitive as people seem to have declining eyesight these days :(

Back