Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 video qualiy issue

rein_of_fire

Reaction score
Country
United States
the video on my Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 sometimes gets really weird and saturated during both daytime and night time. it's also a little blurry sometimes when trying to read licence plates, i have attributed this to possibly being due to the glare from my dash but am unsure. the below video demonstrates what i am experiencing. is this a hardware issue or something else? another thing i should note is i have it set to do 24/7 recording with a constant power supply.

thanks in advance i appreciate it greatly!

That's odd, can you confirm you're on the latest firmware, and did a factory default reset? What's the serial number off the back.

If you still have that off color effect, it's probably a rare Sony Sensor failure. (and a replacement is no problem)

Email or private message me your original order number, name, address, email.

For the record, 24/7 recording is a bit punishing on the memory card/hardware. Best to use the Vico-Power Plus on a part time timer.

thanks for the quick reply! I will update the firmware and get back to you afterwards, I completely forgot to update it when I purchased it.

I bought the camera thru you guy's on amazon, will that be a problem if the update dose not fix it?

Won't be a problem, if you have issues we'll make sure you get sorted regardless
I have tried to update the firmware to fix the issue however it has not fixed it. i will attempt to update it again to make sure.

It is still the same, where do I fill out the rma information?
Thankyou for being patient, I am really busy when it comes to work and don't have a lot of time.

I'm proud to be part of Team Street Guardian. IMX322 with a good lens, metal support base and proper firmware tuning gives good results. We always strive to make the products better, and easier to use with more features, not cheaper. When it comes to Electronics problems are bound to popup now and again but it's a normal low percentage. Even Apple isn't perfect but they fill in the gaps with good service and support.

We are only just getting started, wait until you see the next generation products in the works with updated, even higher specs. GC isn't going anywhere any time soon though and firmware fine tuning is ongoing.

Last edited:
I don't even have a street guardian camera though I do have two a118's. There's both trickle down and trickle up in development. Down applies to older and related products like the a118, but up applies to the next generation product. It gives them more practice so the next product will be better right from day one, and also keeps customers happy by fixing little annoying problems or adding a new feature here or there.

I dont think i have ever claimed the 9665GC to be the best camera,,,, period

But its not bad at all for a first product, and try to run into problems of just about any sort with allmost every other brand of cameras, and see what kind of support and help you will get from the seller or factory.
Thats where Street Guardian shine.

But offcourse if you have paied good moeny for a product you are only right in expecting it to work flawless, but it seem like in dashcams there is a plethora of levels of "working flawless" ranging from "your camera have now shipped" ( and nothing else ever ) to the SG guys that seem to do ther best all the time.

PS. i am a little affiliated with SG as a tester of ther products, but so far i have not been a really good tester ( if i have to say so myself )
But i sure hope i can do better with the next batch of products, that's what i strive for at least.

PPS. as i Dane i am fully aware of the emperors new clothes, its a story that is as relevant today as it was when H.C. Andersen wrote it.
As a matter of fact viewing Danish society that story pop into my mind often, but instead of a child pointing fingers and yelling " he is not wearing any clothe" i just hear " that welfare state is completely underfunded and allways have been"

I dont think i have ever claimed the 9665GC to be the best camera,,,, period

I have never claimed it ever, all cameras have faults and shortcomings, there is no perfect product, to suggest otherwise would be very foolish

What we do strive to do though is always improve our products, the majority of manufacturers just put out whatever they have and you get what you get with nothing beyond that

Last edited:
I have never claimed it ever, all cameras have faults and shortcomings, there is no perfect product, to suggest otherwise would be very foolish

What we do strive to do though is always improve our products, the majority of manufacturers just put out whatever they have and you get what you get with nothing beyond that
Nothing is perfect. As a consumer service and support is what makes the difference for me. Street Guardian excells in this area, and is, in my experience the best around. Constant change and improvement is always a good thing.

Nothing is perfect. As a consumer service and support is what makes the difference for me. Street Guardian excells in this area, and is, in my experience the best around. Constant change and improvement is always a good thing.

the customer service side of things is very important to us, it's not so much that we excel in this area but rather the people that we work with that make it happen, @Pier28 @niko @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert etc that go the extra mile to make sure customers are taken care of

as much as we'd like them not to the reality is product problems do happen from time to time, what happens when you have a problem and how it is handled makes a lot of difference I think

the customer service side of things is very important to us, it's not so much that we excel in this area but rather the people that we work with that make it happen, @Pier28 @niko @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert etc that go the extra mile to make sure customers are taken care of

as much as we'd like them not to the reality is product problems do happen from time to time, what happens when you have a problem and how it is handled makes a lot of difference I think
Old saying:
Nothing happens only if you do nothing !

Back