Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

Pardon my ignorance: buying from USA does not mean you will have to pay additional taxes besides the purchase price?

Technically yes but depends on value(;);)) decleration details & documents and not forgetting how active/busy/diligent the authorities are at the time it hits the Customs - hey ho:rolleyes:

Better to buy from Niko to avoid import duties methinks.

Niko has to pay duties also, there's no free ride in the EU

I didn't say or imply he does not - the Euro/£p price paid will be inclusive so you do not get the hassle with the import duties and as far as a free ride in the EU I and my 'fellow' citizens are well aware of that given the tax burden we carry to support that particular 'gravy train'

I didn't say or imply he does not - the Euro/£p price paid will be inclusive so you do not get the hassle with the import duties and as far as a free ride in the EU I and my 'fellow' citizens are well aware of that given the tax burden we carry to support that particular 'gravy train'

I know what you meant, sorry if that didn't come across right, I think people sometimes don't appreciate why buying locally costs more when they look at online prices in other countries and don't consider all the extras involved

I know what you meant, sorry if that didn't come across right, I think people sometimes don't appreciate why buying locally costs more when they look at online prices in other countries and don't consider all the extras involved

You are so right similar situation when getting a repair quote from garage or a tradesman here they always quote a price LESS the VAT so it come as a shock to find they then add a further 20% on to the bill. Of course the other advantage with a local purchase is if it needs to be returned it is far simpler and usually quicker not to mention the after sales service element...

Installed the SGZC12RC / panorama X1 in the morning, and im driving around all day, and no hiccups. On my rear view mirror i have something that i dont know what is it, but its perfect to mount the cam on it. The cam has clear mounting bracket and when i stocked it, from outside looks like something shiny, so i put electric tape on it and make huge difference. I know that if I make some altercations will void the warranty, that is why i didn't paint it black, but if the tape start peeling, i will do paint it. The short usb cable fit my car perfectly from where the main unit is to the lens. The pic from the outside was not good, and its dark here, but tomorrow I will do one and post it.

Attachments

• 20150226_133354.jpg
    20150226_133354.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 62
Installed the SGZC12RC / panorama X1 in the morning, and im driving around all day, and no hiccups. On my rear view mirror i have something that i dont know what is it, but its perfect to mount the cam on it. The cam has clear mounting bracket and when i stocked it, from outside looks like something shiny, so i put electric tape on it and make huge difference. I know that if I make some altercations will void the warranty, that is why i didn't paint it black, but if the tape start peeling, i will do paint it. The short usb cable fit my car perfectly from where the main unit is to the lens. The pic from the outside was not good, and its dark here, but tomorrow I will do one and post it.

Hmmm. If that cable fit perfectly, I could be in trouble. The cable will likely be too short for me.

That is the short cable, the long one will be fine to run it to the back windshield with easy.

I think I'm going to mount in the same location. is that a honda, Mauro?

this power adaptor, its 12v-5v is that right? its not 12 into the unit itself or is it?

this power adaptor, its 12v-5v is that right? its not 12 into the unit itself or is it?

The Panorama S, G, X1, and X2 is 12V-24V straight in with no conversion. The X1 can be powered via secondary 5V microUSB port as well. (but Mass Storage mode takes over) It's best to use the power adapter.

since I'm not able to do the install until this weekend, I've been doing some in-house testing. motion detect which I'll be using permanently seems to be pretty sensitive. a slight shadow in the corner of the frame sets it off as well as a split second of low power flash from my camera sets it off. I hope this sensitivity is reliable enough during a night drive.

another observation while I'm under 2700k temperature lights...the white balance on the display seems like software is making it more blue than the actual temperature. but when I play it back on my computer, the recorded video is quite yellow. it's really not a complaint, it's just something I notice as a photography hobbyist.

Pardon my ignorance: buying from USA does not mean you will have to pay additional taxes besides the purchase price?
Yes, but an EU vendor would have paid them already anyway so their retail price would be higher.

When I ordered I was only aware of Jon selling the X1 to the UK. Jon did point out I could have bought from Niko but I'd already placed my order and didn't want to bother cancelling and then contacting Niko for a price, awaiting a response, placing a new order, hoping he got stock at same time as Jon etc.

Buying locally makes no difference to me for returns, the post office is the same distance regardless of the destination. I've also found in the past that items to and from Ireland, where I believe Niko is, can take the same amount of time, or longer, to get to England than things from Europe, USA and even China at times. Hell, with the UK postal system in the equation I've had items from within the UK take three weeks to travel 30 miles!

Thanks for replies. Since this X1 product is sold by a team (Rick, Jon and Niko) I've assumed that they managed to negotiate a price that will allow them to sell it, after adding the taxes from their country, at the same price level so buyers will purchase from the nearest seller to them.
It makes nonsense if Niko's price is higher the Jon's price + plus import taxes you have to pay if you are an UK / EU resident and buy from overseas.

Thanks for replies. Since this X1 product is sold by a team (Rick, Jon and Niko) I've assumed that they managed to negotiate a price that will allow them to sell it, after adding the taxes from their country, at the same price level so buyers will purchase from the nearest seller to them.
It makes nonsense if Niko's price is higher the Jon's price + plus import taxes you have to pay if you are an UK / EU resident and buy from overseas.
That sounds very sensible, if possible. It's certainly not allowed in the UK however. The law prevents suppliers from telling retailers what other retailers are selling their product for (even though they could just go and look themselves). It falls under the price fixing law and something my wife, as a supplier to all the UK supermarkets, has to be very careful of.

Bit daft in the modern world where anyone can check anyone else's price in seconds, but that's the law. Not sure how it would apply to the X1 team as they're international and not in the UK but I assume other countries have similar laws.

Different retailers will also have different overheads and other costs/smaller volumes so prices will naturally vary.

Last edited:
Back