Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

I installed an SGZC12RC / Panorama X1 in my Mini Cooper today. For installation photos see...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ra-post-your-pictures.502/page-29#post-156788

Here's some frame grabs from my first drive with my new setup, which replaces a Mobius B...

View attachment 14297 View attachment 14298 View attachment 14299 View attachment 14300 View attachment 14301 View attachment 14302

Please click on the thumbnails to view the images. You'll notice the dash reflected in the windscreen. You may spot deer in a couple of the images, & a Renault Twizy in another.

Picture 5, - is this street legal Renault, no numberplates ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed an SGZC12RC / Panorama X1 in my Mini Cooper today. For installation photos see...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ra-post-your-pictures.502/page-29#post-156788

Here's some frame grabs from my first drive with my new setup, which replaces a Mobius B...

View attachment 14297 View attachment 14298 View attachment 14299 View attachment 14300 View attachment 14301 View attachment 14302

Please click on the thumbnails to view the images. You'll notice the dash reflected in the windscreen. You may spot deer in a couple of the images, & a Renault Twizy in another.

I would love to see some comparison screen shots posted at some point between your original Mobius and the new SGZC12RC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture 5, - is this street legal Renault, no numberplates ?

I think that the Twizy legally requires front & rear plates in the UK, however, some owners remove the front plate, & usually don't get stopped by the Police.

I think that the Twizy legally requires front & rear plates in the UK, however, some owners remove the front plate, & usually don't get stopped by the Police.

to be fair it looks like they could probably run one down on foot, maybe they're just getting lazy ;)

I would love to see some comparison screen shots posted at some point between your original Mobius and the new SGZC12RC.

I think it's pretty much been done already by @niko ...

SGZC12RC & Panorama II use the same internals (don't they?), so performance should be much the same.

...we're looking at a revision to the lens at the moment so there will be some changes coming

If I'd known that a new & improved lens is coming, I'd have delayed my purchase pending release of the SGZC12RC Mk2 :(

If I'd known that a new & improved lens is coming, I'd have delayed my purchase pending release of the SGZC12RC Mk2 :(
Confirmation from factory about them to be ready to test a new lens we got only few days ago. Present lens are high quality grade with good IQ result. It still takes some time to get beta version ready, test n try new ones, compare results and we dont know yet if new lens will beat the present ones. Its just a routine test. I will compare side by side new lens when they ready.

Thank you so much.

we've found it's not performing as expected and needs to be improved, getting it sorted is a must, when you find out something is not right it would be very wrong not to do something about it

it's just unfortunate that we didn't catch it earlier in the process and it will still be a few more weeks before we can confirm the update and get it out to people, bear with us, it's being worked on as a priority

Last edited:
Doubt that BlackVue owners get this level of support :)
I didn't think blackspew even provided support, i never used to be able to get any from them, they just sell and move on to next dodgey version.

Thanks @russ331.

I've seen this video previously, of course. Nighttime comparisons don't address what I wanted to know and wasn't what I was asking to see. Specifically, I was interested in seeing your personal experience during the day with the cameras mounted in your car under the conditions you typically drive in and have previously posted images of from your Mobius. Since there will be an improved lens coming it's a moot point I suppose and in fact that more or less answers my question for now anyway.

I think it's pretty much been done already by @niko ...

SGZC12RC & Panorama II use the same internals (don't they?), so performance should be much the same.

Back