Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

what am i not a valued forum member? :rolleyes: does my experience not count?

I wasn't aware you had PNY SD cards and or experience. (was only referring to PNY owners that chimed in) As Jokiin said above the Factory Developer advises against SanDisk at this time. It's not worth the quirky risk until someone proves otherwise that the controller has been changed/updated/fixed to be more compatible in DashCam products. Before I got into the DashCam business I had a Mini 0801. The SanDisk microSD card had issues, the Samsung one worked fine. (my own experience)

not to take away from your experience but Sungmoon Jang the developer of the Panorama product has advised against using Sandisk cards in his cameras as the controller chipset they use is problematic for the camera, likewise I've also used Sandisk cards in the Panorama cameras and they haven't failed on me but if the dev says to avoid them I'd tend to follow that advice and just use something else

I respect what the manufacture says, but doesn't real world experience count?

some of these cams only say they can take up to 32 or 64 cards when in fact people (myself included) are using greater than 64gb. i mean there is a guy using a pny 256 card in the panorama! he states the card is worry free. @Pier28 made a thread stating he may start to stock these for the cam EVEN though the manufacture has not cleared the cam to use the higher capacity card.

the op asked me what i used. the cam has not locked up or died or kicked any kittens since using the 128 sandisk 24/7 as its been for the last 2 weeks.

i am an active member of this forum since day one of signing up. when will my experience with sandisk begin to hold water and be considered as viable data?

MORE: the cats who had issues. Were their cards verified as real? what model cards? what speed? where did they purchase? what "quirks"? the card works.

kindly tell me what i need to do to make the card act up in the camera. i just swapped out the card tonight in the front and had over 90 clips at full hd in parking mode. i change the card out once every 24 hours when im parked at home and all the files played. even the cheap gs8000L with its sandisk 32gb card had 114 clips and all played fine. the G90 is not in use since its rear facing.

I respect everyone on this forum and certainly the vendors and manufacturers. I am very grateful for @Pier28 and his top customer service as well as you @jokiin for your constant advice and posts, but for the love of all thats holy, sandisk works! :p

Last edited:
i am an active member of this forum since day one of signing up. when will my experience with sandisk begin to hold water and be considered as viable data?

it's certainly viable, I don't know that they use the same controller in all their card models though so some models of Sandisk may still be problematic, I'm a fan of Sandisk, used to supply them with an earlier camera we did but I do know that Sungmoon commented previously not to use them as their own internal testing had shown some models to have issues, doesn't mean they all will but you can't account for what people may buy

the other issue with Sandisk being so popular they're also one of the most copied card so fakes can be an issue too

well does it mean that all pny or transend or kingtson, etc cards will all work?? there will be some failure in all cards. pny is cheap to purchase but that does not mean they are bullet proof!

i just think its unnecessary to keep saying sandisk is problematic when its not. sure some older sandisk cards may/may not work, but sandisk, just like most other manufacturers, update their products and the card i use is the latest model in this memory (128) so as long as I list the card, specs of it and where purchased, would it not be OK for someone to take that data, purchase based on my real world experience of using the card 24/7 and feel ok to make the purchase? amazon has an amazing returns policy so its a win win!

im sure more people use sandisk that care to post here or who are even members here.

Thanks for the input all. If PNY doesn't work out then I'll try Sandisk.

I respect what the manufacture says, but doesn't real world experience count?

some of these cams only say they can take up to 32 or 64 cards when in fact people (myself included) are using greater than 64gb. i mean there is a guy using a pny 256 card in the panorama! he states the card is worry free. @Pier28 made a thread stating he may start to stock these for the cam EVEN though the manufacture has not cleared the cam to use the higher capacity card.

the op asked me what i used. the cam has not locked up or died or kicked any kittens since using the 128 sandisk 24/7 as its been for the last 2 weeks.

well does it mean that all pny or transend or kingtson, etc cards will all work?? there will be some failure in all cards. pny is cheap to purchase but that does not mean they are bullet proof!

i just think its unnecessary to keep saying sandisk is problematic when its not. sure some older sandisk cards may/may not work, but sandisk, just like most other manufacturers, update their products and the card i use is the latest model in this memory (128) so as long as I list the card, specs of it and where purchased, would it not be OK for someone to take that data, purchase based on my real world experience of using the card 24/7 and feel ok to make the purchase? amazon has an amazing returns policy so its a win win!

im sure more people use sandisk that care to post here or who are even members here.

If new customers want to buy/try SanDisk and report on their results of using the latest SanDisk cards, I await their report. I won't recommend SanDisk as the first choice for DashCam use at this time. (especially when both Niko and Jokiin aren't yet convinced)
I used to love SanDisk too and I'd come back after many more people confirm SanDisk cards are now good. (both their standard and faster/high end models 32,64,128,256,512) Things change, maybe they fixed everything but the only way to win me back are from more long term and multiple test reports.
We know you're a huge SanDisk fan but this where things are as of today.

I let SungMoon (Factory Developer) know the 256GB PNY card is confirmed working and he's happy. He said it was ok the post the new Dual Channel X2 will support 512GB then. (so consider 256GB cleared) Just follow this guide

Last edited by a moderator:
pny is sure to work since many have stated it does, so you will be just fine. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but if one person can verify a 256 card works and the manufacture has nto cleared such a large card, it should be ok for me to post my experience with a card thats considered an underdog on the forum...

I let SungMoon (Factory Developer) know the 256GB PNY card is confirmed working and he's happy.

well let him know the 128 sandisk works then. if he wants me to do more rugged testing to prove or disprove, let him know and i will gladly test.

I think if someone buys the same version card you have there's every chance of success, that doesn't automatically mean that all Sandisk cards are now ok, the firmware engineers are the ones that identified them as being a problem for their camera, I tend to side with the engineers on things like this

also it does not mean every pny card will be 100% fault free out of the blister pack. :eek:

i think my point is made as well as yours and @Pier28 :D:p but just understand i will stand by sandisk and report my experience if anyone wants to know. if these sandisk cards fail i will be sure to post!

engineers are in a lab with numbers and controlled tests. my environment is not a lab, its real world experience, and many people will side on real world experience vs controlled tests show.

I mean some of these dash cams just copy and paste old info form box to box, there are fake cams out there that work despite the fact they are fake, etc etc. the pano g (which i LOVE!!!!) has its instruction book from the S and II. does not show you can even use a 128 card in the cam. out of date info that should be updated. so until those things are updated, its good that people post here on their experiences.

at the end of the day, i think its good that more people post their experience with different cars, cams, etc. that's what this great community is all about. :D

Last edited:
exxxxaaacccttllllyyyyyy.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my Lexar Platinum II 200x 128GB SDXC.
From my quick test it work on exFAT and on FAT32. I will try to test more on exFAT.
As per FAT32 I left Dachcam to record for 48 hours to record full card and after a insert in PC I saw 1.7gb free space.
next time I checked it was always 1.5gb or 1.7gb free space left all the time.
I will post read and write speeds after I'm done testing.
somebody knows why free remains all the time?

@Pier28
Is it possible to ask Panorama developers more about exFAT support? How reliable is it in panorama, etc.

@Pier28
Is it possible to ask Panorama developers more about exFAT support? How reliable is it in panorama, etc.

with some cards it will work fine, with others it will be hit and miss and FAT32 is the better option for those

I will reformat card back to exFat inside panorama and leave to record for the night just to check. More testing need to be done. ))) Good news that fat32 works 100% with 0 problems.

File system overheads, cluster sizes and what not.
is possible that this free space needed for buffer?
I just noticed that longer video more free space will be left.
With 5min free space will be 1.5 - 1.7gb
Correction just checked back and 2min free space will be 366mb - 756mb

Last edited:
Back