Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Still waiting for a unit that has a threaded housing where you can screw on a CPL filter, not the magnetic type. The magnetic ones can, and do fall off.

They won't be re-tooling the shell any time soon. We are working on getting a new magnetic CPL with extra strong magnets in the near future.

Stock Update:
Our incoming shipment is due to arrive at the office here in 2 days, Wednesday October 1.
(so we're only 1 day off from the predicted September 30th, not bad)
This of course is pending no customs delays on our side, but we don't anticipate any problems. Once Panorama's are on the way, it's been smooth sailing in the past. (or flying rather, no slow boat!)

Any ETA on when the updated firmware will be available?

Here are links to the all new quick start guide and user manual. These are version 1 (we'll polish it up a bit further later) and will also be available for download from the support page on the streetguardian.info site.

Quick start guide

User manual

Last edited:
Well I've just ordered the new Panorama G (Street Guardian SGZC12SG) from Pier28, along with a polarising filter, so let's hope there's a tail wind for the shipment to the good 'ole Kingdom of the United [emoji106]

Good News, we are now taking orders. New units will be ready to ship later today after I do my double QA checks.
(Pier28 Ships Worldwide except to Australia, and New Zealand, contact @jokiin for those locations)

https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams/panorama-g-dashcam-built-in-gps.html
Direct!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LXRR7L4Fulfilled by Merchant (Now), Fulfilled by Amazon FBA/Prime (by the end of the week)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321492126507eBay!

Well I've just ordered the new Panorama G (Street Guardian SGZC12SG) from Pier28, along with a polarising filter, so let's hope there's a tail wind for the shipment to the good 'ole Kingdom of the United [emoji106]

Thanks for your order! You should have received an automated email with tracking and helpful Panorama tips and tricks.

Thanks, I've received the email with all the info.
Thanks for a quick response with the order.
I'll let you know how long it takes.

I just ordered one of these on the ebay site. Can someone (preferably Pier28) tell me exactly what brand and type of card to get for best reliability? I'm a tech dummy and easily confused by technical terms so please keep it simple.;)

I just ordered one of these on the ebay site. Can someone (preferably Pier28) tell me exactly what brand and type of card to get for best reliability? I'm a tech dummy and easily confused by technical terms so please keep it simple.;)

Hi thanks for your order, I'm about to go drop it off at UPS in 30 minutes.
We recommend 32GB or 64GB brand: Transcend and brand: Lexar.
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/memory-cards.html

(PNY is good too for the new 256GB card)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ing-in-panorama-early-report-developing.7335/

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I love the CPL filter, I've decided to just leave it on regardless of time of day after some brief daytime/night footage comparisons in my car. I've also used the smallest mount (the sticky one), to make it more discrete and hiding alongside/behind my review mirror.

EDIT: September 28, 2014

Here are links to the quick start guide and user manual. These are version 1 (we'll polish it up a bit further later) and will also be available for download from the support page on our site.

Quick start guide

User manual

I just watched the Youtube video of unboxing the G and I have a question about the explanation given for saving a video file.
You say that when the G force sensor detects an accident (or bump) that the currently being recorded video file is then marked as locked.

Now, I don't own a G, I own an S, and I read the same explanation for that model.
But when I look at the memory card on my computer, I see that the method of keeping that file from being overwritten is to move it from the video folder into the Event folder.

So did this story of locking the file come from an earlier model, or is it really true for the G model?

I just watched the Youtube video of unboxing the G and I have a question about the explanation given for saving a video file.
You say that when the G force sensor detects an accident (or bump) that the currently being recorded video file is then marked as locked.

Now, I don't own a G, I own an S, and I read the same explanation for that model.
But when I look at the memory card on my computer, I see that the method of keeping that file from being overwritten is to move it from the video folder into the Event folder.

So did this story of locking the file come from an earlier model, or is it really true for the G model?

Hi David, thanks for pointing that out. I incorrectly explained things as if it were done in an Ambarella based G-Sensor event.

Instead of marking the event files as locked, the Panorama moves those files into the Event folder instead. I just confirmed this by going for a quick drive and simulating a g-sensor event. (shook the camera)

I'll go ahead and add some corrective Annotation Captions in the youtube video to clarify this for others. It's too bad the text annotations on YouTube are not displayed while watching it on Mobile devices. I'm sure most people are at a regular computer though.

Check out RegistratorViewer screen captures below. Registrator combines all the files in order when you play back, but you can see the different segment file paths are different.

Bgy2zD2.png

SzoyzDF.png

9wzEHeq.png

Last edited:
The small mount's tape does not work well with my windshield, perhaps I didn't install it correctly. In any case tomorrow I'll be trying some double sided bonding tape a friend gave me.

The small mount's tape does not work well with my windshield, perhaps I didn't install it correctly. In any case tomorrow I'll be trying some double sided bonding tape a friend gave me.

no need to mention that the screen needs to be clean, when you do apply them though hold the bracket firmly against the glass for around 2 minutes, then wait 20 minutes before you attach the camera, the tape has a 50% bond after 20 minutes, 100% bond takes 72 hours, if you put the camera on earlier than 20 minutes there's an increased chance it will fall off after a while

Back