Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

no need to mention that the screen needs to be clean, when you do apply them though hold the bracket firmly against the glass for around 2 minutes, then wait 20 minutes before you attach the camera, the tape has a 50% bond after 20 minutes, 100% bond takes 72 hours, if you put the camera on earlier than 20 minutes there's an increased chance it will fall off after a while

I certainly did not install correctly in that case. I jumped the gun and tested it immediately, but now I know better. Thanks for your input.

needs to be clean, when you do apply them though hold the bracket firmly against the glass for around 2 minutes, then wait 20 minutes before you attach the camera, the tape has a 50% bond after 20 minutes, 100% bond takes 72 hours, if you put the camera on earlier than 20 minutes there's an increased chance it will fall off after a while

Good advise.
We'll add more of this type of good info in the evolving user manual.
I'll add an annotation note in the unboxing video as well.

Good advise.
We'll add more of this type of good info in the evolving user manual.
I'll add an annotation note in the unboxing video as well.

might be worth adding to the welcome email you send to your customers as well

Well, a big thanks to Jon at Pier28, my Panorama G has just been delivered today.
I reckon 7 days to the UK from across the pond is pretty good.
I've unboxed and had a good look and I must say I'm very impressed, it's a lot smaller than I was expecting (excellent). I need to wait now unfortunately for some better weather to install and replace my 0803. I may decide to use the 0803 in the rear screen.
A couple of small points of note:

1. I'm assuming, until you've finalised the manual you are relying on users to download the online manual, as there wasn't one included.

2. I was very pleased to see a nice long power cord ( measured at 4 meters ), as I need to use my socket at the rear of the car.

3. I'm finding the clip on the permanent mount ( the one with the locking clip ) quite tight to fit ( very stiff ). I would imagine when its fitted behind the rear view mirror it is going to be very awkward to remove once fitted. I may see if I can find a way (possibly by filing the plastic a little ), to make it an easier fit.

I'm looking forward to getting it up and running, and so far I'm well impressed.

Just on your point about the manual, for the Australian delivered version we include a printed quick start guide (they weren't ready before the Pier28 order shipped) but decided against printing the full manual, in all the products we do we're always looking to see what we can do to improve the firmware and that quite often means the printed manual very quickly ends up out of date, (we're just testing our third update in as many weeks right now actually) it wasn't about saving money, or being environmentally concious or whatever, just about remaining relevant to the product so we only offer it for download, the size printed manual you can fit in the box is also limited and being able to view on a larger display is more convenient I feel

Just on your point about the manual, for the Australian delivered version we include a printed quick start guide (they weren't ready before the Pier28 order shipped) but decided against printing the full manual, in all the products we do we're always looking to see what we can do to improve the firmware and that quite often means the printed manual very quickly ends up out of date, (we're just testing our third update in as many weeks right now actually) it wasn't about saving money, or being environmentally concious or whatever, just about remaining relevant to the product so we only offer it for download, the size printed manual you can fit in the box is also limited and being able to view on a larger display is more convenient I feel

Thanks for that Jokiin, in fact I much prefer a download manual for the very reasons you've outlined. What I like to do is keep a copy of manuals such as this stored on my phone for reference if I'm in the car etc.

Instead of marking the event files as locked, the Panorama moves those files into the Event folder instead. I just confirmed this by going for a quick drive and simulating a g-sensor event. (shook the camera)
Actually moving the file to the Event folder keeps it from being overwritten over a reasonable amount of time. This assumes, of course, that your G Sensor setting isn't too sensitive and your streets don't have moon craters every few meters.

Actually moving the file to the Event folder keeps it from being overwritten over a reasonable amount of time. This assumes, of course, that your G Sensor setting isn't too sensitive and your streets don't have moon craters every few meters.

the default setting for the G-Sensor is low in these new firmware versions, it stops 99% of the false positives that way

About the neccesity of cleaning the area of the glass for the sticky bit, print these instructions on the box itself too, right where the diagram of camera installation is (on the bottom IIRC). It's the 1st place a customer would refer to, and there's more chance he/she notices them. A camera falling off is pretty discouraging especially for a dashcam newbie (I don't mean anyone in paricular, just potential customers).

In my previous post I commented on the fact that the mount (with the locking clip) was a very tight fitting in the slot on my Panorama G.
Well I think I've solved it from my point of view.
If you look at the enclosed photo you will see I've marked 2 parts A&B.
Part A is the slot on top of the GPS unit and I've measured the width with my micrometer as 2.3mm, and Part B, which is the inner bar on the mount, I've measured as 2.5mm.
This makes things quite a tight fit, so I took a small file to the sides of Part B, and filed a "small" amount of the plastic away, and "voila", a nice snug, but not tight fit [emoji106]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412852044.603811.jpg

In my previous post I commented on the fact that the mount (with the locking clip) was a very tight fitting in the slot on my Panorama G.
Well I think I've solved it from my point of view.
If you look at the enclosed photo you will see I've marked 2 parts A&B.
Part A is the slot on top of the GPS unit and I've measured the width with my micrometer as 2.3mm, and Part B, which is the inner bar on the mount, I've measured as 2.5mm.
This makes things quite a tight fit, so I took a small file to the sides of Part B, and filed a "small" amount of the plastic away, and "voila", a nice snug, but not tight fit [emoji106]
View attachment 8454

Nice, better to be too tight than too loose. I'll pass this feedback to the factory for future adjustments.

Nice, better to be too tight than too loose. I'll pass this feedback to the factory for future adjustments.

I made sure it wasn't too loose in the slot, but reasonably tight. I think it's also helped by the locking tab which keeps it well in place.

Last time I used those words I was in trouble !!!!

I had a hard workday, very tired, but after reading your replay to comment .... - you made my day happier ! :D:D:D

@Pier28
feedback to the factory.
From my experience after month and a half of use and periodically removing camera I noticed that mount become loose and some times squeaking noise appeared.

@Pier28
feedback to the factory.
From my experience after month and a half of use and periodically removing camera I noticed that mount become loose and some times squeaking noise appeared.

Which mount are you using? Swivel Suction or adhesive ball socket?

Which mount are you using? Swivel Suction or adhesive ball socket?

Same as above
669eb7e5d9314268ebec39f2528e1719.jpg

The G slot is metal and the mount is plastic. If yours is loose and the other post was too tight you might need a new mount. I'll be happy to send you a replacement if needed. (Or even a different type I'm testing). Send me a PM.

Back