Suggest GPS + HD DvR for $100

abishek

Reaction score
Country
India
Dash Cam
SeeZeus Shadow RX300!
hi
i stay in india where its a tropical climate so ideally i need to using a capacitor based dvr.

my options are limited to purchasing from aliexpress for $100 with another addition $50 to ship it via fedex to india as post and ems can get stuck in customs.

my options are as i understand G1W is the best but no gps
others are
GS9000 = loose mount, firmware issues
X3000= poor camera / reviews
R300 shadow = seems ok
G1w-C = capacitor based ideal but no gps
F900 LHD= option with gps and remote
external battery can be replaced after it swells in hot temp
Not sure how it compares to original dod without gps: buying from saddle seller on aliexp

Anyone make suggestions

What for you need a gps data, only for speed ?

If i do a long trip to another state the time taken , avg speed at a section. And yes speed at which the video was taken also.

For countries with so called extream climate ( cold / hot weather ) its best to have capacitor based dashcams.

I've been impressed w/ my Finevu pros as they hardly get warm. I only have experience w/ these DCs, but I've read about other posters who complain that their DCs get hot...I've had mine in 90F outside temps & they barely feel warm to the touch.

Ordered a RX300 from aliexpress: Saddle seller
Foxoffer refused to ship to india despite me paying for express shipping.
On the whole found the whole experience with fox offer very bad.

Unfortunately there are some areas where due to multiply delivery related issues many don't send ( customs, postal services etc. )
My suggestion is to do a new order and to post to some other country to your friend and your friend will post it to you.

It's already ordered from saddle.

From foxoffer
Worldwide Free Shipping:
While you see Free Shipping on our product page, then you don't need pay shipping cost for that item.
The items will be sent by Hongkong Post, China Post or Singapore Post. It will take 7 to 28 days to arrive.
Express Shipping:
The goods will be sent by FedEx, DHL, UPS or TNT, most of the time we ship the package by DHL. It only needs 3 to 7 days to arrive.You may need pay for Express shipping, the cost is depends on the product weight.
Notice: Express Shipping NOT available in Eastern Europe (Russia, Belarus,etc.), South America area (Brazil, Argentina,etc.), Africa, Middle East

Clearly there are reports on Indian forums that foxoffer has shipped to India before.

As I understand foxoffer is based in hongkong so is saddle on Ali express, I don't see how dhl will refuse to ship to India from the same city!. Secondly it was just a very poor response to my queries despite repeated email queries I get a reply after a few days in one line and no response beyond that.

From
Code:
FoxOffer Ltd
Tel: +86 755 8286 1893
a quick search produces this
Code:
Shenzhen - Guangdong +86   755
Looks like they're in Shenzhen.

Facebook:
About

The Wholesale Store for Resales, Distributors. Save your funds, save your time. Online Store:http://www.foxoffer.com/
Company Overview
Specialize in design, manufacturing and distribution of high quality finished products and some key components, including Mini cameras, Mini DVR, Media players, LCD panels, Car Camera,Pen Camera etc.
Description
Hong Kong based leading high end electronics manufacturer and distributor, which has set factory and office in China Shenzhen, and a sales office in USA.

We specialize in design, manufacturing and distribution of high quality finished products and some key components, including Mini cameras, Mini DVR, Media players, LCD panels, Car Camera,Pen Camera,Electronics parts etc.

Hardly matters to me anymore,Just shared my experience.
Further more nothing to add on this.

Looks like they're in Shenzhen.

Same as what I thought
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/Shadow-RX300.2764/#post-46375

Beautiful... except not :(

My shipment hasn't even left Hong Kong and it's been 3 days since I purchased it. True Express service I'd say.

6BwDAZ8.jpg

Clearly the post shows Foxoffer :RX300 is shipped from HK via DHL

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah shipped by a local carrier to HK first, the DHL service takes over from there, same as what I posted in the thread you linked to

The problem for shipping would have to do with the destination

Back