Suggestions for the BEST dashcam available for front and rear?

BAZ007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I searched for quite a whole for a suitable dashcam, I was very close to pull the trigger on the BlackVue 650, but I just did not like the low resolution rear camera, I held off CES 2016 in hope of new announcement of new dashcams, but I don't recall any announcements being made.

I have a sports 2 door car (2015 Nissan GTR) and it is crucial for me that I have a dashcam system that can loop record for a decent time on 128gb+, I am looking for 1080P30 at the least and preferably 1080P60 for better resolution and clarify and be able to withstand 110 F+ summers (Arizona) so a super capacitor battery. I also do not want a bulky camera and the smaller the better, preferably with no LCD and wifi so I can simply view the video/download directly to my phone.

I was considering Lukas 9750 Type D, however after reading couple posts on the forum, it seems that the professionals do not recommend due camera systems due to reliability issues. Therefore this lead me to the belief that two single cameras would be best.

I also looked at Koonlung N3S, but there didn't seem many reviews on it. I also considered Mini NanoQ, newly released untested, but my understanding the video quality is not the best.

So what would you suggest and recommend if you could afford the best two single dash cams that are compact, high resolution, can withstand severe heat, and be able to play for 12+ hours on a continues loop automatically instead of relying on a shock sensor and risk missing any incident?

Moreover I also want to replace my backup camera and install a new front camera to avoid curbs, I am honestly looking for the best quality/reliable product available and would love to hear your guys suggestions?

Lukas would be the best in two channel at the moment, not very discrete front camera though

Two single channel cameras is perhaps more stable right now and gives you a wider choice

Lukas would be the best in two channel at the moment, not very discrete front camera though

Two single channel cameras is perhaps more stable right now and gives you a wider choice

What single channel would you recommend?

depends what features you want, mounting style preferred, budget etc, there are lots of choices in the market and I'm sure if you list as many things as possible that you want in a camera you'll get plenty of suggestions

depends what features you want, mounting style preferred, budget etc, there are lots of choices in the market and I'm sure if you list as many things as possible that you want in a camera you'll get plenty of suggestions

Well here is what I want:

1. Budget up to $1000
2. Can withstand high temperature climate 50+C
3. Loop recording, either the car is parked on running, I want it to loop record all the time.
4. Best video quality day/night
5. If it is smart enough to turn off after 24 hours from the time the car has been switched off so it doesnt drain the battery, that would be neat.
6. Compact design, best with no LCD and Wifi to view the video on my Phone.

if you want the camera to stay running at those temps while parked really no consumer grade camera is going to last, in car temps can be 30°C~40°C above ambient temp, plenty of cameras will be ok being left in the car not running, if you want it to record though there's nothing I could suggest as being suitable

if you want the camera to stay running at those temps while parked really no consumer grade camera is going to last, in car temps can be 30°C~40°C above ambient temp, plenty of cameras will be ok being left in the car not running, if you want it to record though there's nothing I could suggest as being suitable

It wont be running while parked in the sun heat, we are talking about 10 days at most where it is 50C+, 350 days out of the 365 my car will be parked in a garage or a porch.

If we disregard the climate/operating temp for the time being, what would the best single channel dashcam in your opinion be?

direct sun is a sure death at those temps, will still get close enough to being too hot to take it in a locked car at those temps, things like CMOS sensor, processor etc are generally only stable to 70°C, even the memory cards have their limits

if a great deal of the time is in a garage or under a porch an external security camera on the property looking at the vehicle would be a better solution

as for recommendations if you want to short list the models you like I can tell you the strengths and weaknesses of each

I already have security cameras in my garage/house, I am more worried when I am out and about and while driving, thus the need for high end single channel dash cam.

direct sun is a sure death at those temps, will still get close enough to being too hot to take it in a locked car at those temps, things like CMOS sensor, processor etc are generally only stable to 70°C, even the memory cards have their limits

if a great deal of the time is in a garage or under a porch an external security camera on the property looking at the vehicle would be a better solution

as for recommendations if you want to short list the models you like I can tell you the strengths and weaknesses of each

my suggestion would be to have something you could run while parked, only when the situation called for it, and not make a habit of doing it all the time, although it's often promoted as a feature it's something that is very heavy on the camera, chews out memory cards really quickly and doesn't do the car battery much good either, as a feature it's quite flawed

... loop record for a decent time on 128gb+, I am looking for 1080P30 at the least ... super capacitor battery ... do not want a bulky camera and the smaller the better, preferably with no LCD ... compact, high resolution, can withstand severe heat, and be able to play for 12+ hours on a continues loop ... quality/reliable product ...

Include the SGZC12RC on your shortlist. Doesn't have WiFi, does have a screen on it's remote main unit, which you would probably hide in the glovebox.

image.jpg

What single channel would you recommend?
If you are looking for two single channel in Lukas. You should understand more about a one channel dash camera of the Lukas. For Lukas' one channel dash cameras. They are all coming with three main features, such as the high quality Sony/Samsung IMAX image sensor, the Gravity Sensor, and the motion Sensor.

Briefly to explain to you here. G sensor, normally in daily driving which will on and automatically record the event if there is any impact. There are two SD cards. The saved data in the micro sd won't be deleted . On the other hand the data of normal recording will be overwritten.

The Motion detection, which means the camera will record after you park and leave the car. It comes with a motion sensor; if it detects any movement, it will automatically turn on and record with the 10 seconds before and 20 seconds after the motion is detected. The device will switch between normal recording and parking mode automatically.

However, if you are choosing one channel, they do not offer you a low voltage cut off function "a function to help not to drain your car battery". So the LK290 battery pack is here to help you. It is because when you connect the LK290 to your fuse box with the Lukas one channel, it will provide the low voltage cutoff, Thus, the motion sensor will become more reliable when there is external power provided to the dash cam.

On the other hand, if you choose to get the Lukas two channel dash cameras, you don't need to really care much about draining your car battery, because there is already the function of LK290 in the blackbox, "LOW VOLTAGE CUTOFF".

And one more important thing, you don't need to worry about overheat problem like the other brand. Lukas models can hold between -22F to 176F. The size problem is an disadvantage but fixed the overheat problem, comparing to the other small sizes dash cameras in the market.

Back