Suggestions to Replace a MiniDash Cam 0826

garrycol

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have been using Mini Dash Cams for quite a few years and still use a 0803 and 0805 as rear cameras. My front cam is a Mini Dash Cam 0826 which has worked really well for the last 5 or 6 years but is no longer working - sort of.

The cam fires up and the screen indicates it is recording but when power is removed it just dies with no staying on for a few seconds to finish writing the last files. So I take it that the battery has failed. When I remove the SD card and put it into my PC the directory and files are there but are not readable. If I connect the dash cam to my PC neither the Dash Cam Internal 8gb drive nor the external SD drive are recognized by the computer.

So it is time to retire the 0826 and get something new.

Open to suggestions - given I was more than happy with the 0826 something with similar capability would be fine. The only preference is that the new Cam have a Micro USB power input, simply because the current Micro USB power cable is hard wired into the car and would be difficult to change.

Open to suggestions please.

Thanks

Garry

Thanks for the recommendation - had a look at them and they seem OK - resolution seems a little less but not sure if that will be important with the camera in use. I like the wifi ability - is a complaint of the minicams.

Irrespective of whether I get one to replace the 0826 I might get one for another vehicle I have.

Do you sell these? Anything else you would recommend as a retailer?

Thanks

In looking at this B1W I see no mention of GPS for speed and position - looking at the videos from the B1w there is no speed display or position so I take it that the cam does not have this function - if so this is not suitable for me.

B1W has no GPS ! You can have a look at Viofo A119.

Back