T130 Firmware

Nice work.
Could you also pass on to them that there are two paths to the firmware via the new website that needs fixing?

On the new site if you go to submit a ticket the landing page is different and so is the version of firmware that the page points to. In this case, it gives you the older version of the T130 front dashcam "The version number is T130_ V1.1_ 20220211"
~https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000131927-viofo-t130-dash-camera-firmware
I pointed out the two pathways to the T130 firmware. I was told the older support page access path to the firmware files will be going away in the near future.

Is there perhaps a list of fixes and features that has been added per release?

I pointed out the two pathways to the T130 firmware. I was told the older support page access path to the firmware files will be going away in the near future.
Wondering if anyone is downloading and saving the other older FW? Sometimes an owner will want a specific function no longer supported with newer FW and having older versions available can help, but can also be confusing without a changelog. Would also be good to have previous app versions available too as updated apps may not support older FW's.

Phil

Would also be good to have previous app versions available too as updated apps may not support older FW's.

I don't think I've ever seen multiple version in the App Store.
Perhaps another approach which might be possible is to have the app have the various older code still in it with an option to pick what version you want when it installs?
I can't say I've seen that feature on any app either.
If you had a jail broked phone and the old app was made available it could be loaded or side loaded onto it.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone is downloading and saving the other older FW?
I download and save all official and if possible, all modified firmware that was ever released on all DVRs that I use. That's just the change log can not always be saved. (It does not always exist :unsure:).

Thanks for sharing this, I updated the front and rear camera firmware but I see the version number in the App is different for both. I can only see the updated version number for the front camera and the back cam has no change in the firmware version, please note I made sure to copy the correct file and could see LEDs flashing while updating the back cam, as expected, the firmware file from the MicroSD got removed after the update. Please see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-11-11-37-51-36_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-11-11-37-51-36_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for sharing this, I updated the front and rear camera firmware but I see the version number in the App is different for both. I can only see the updated version number for the front camera and the back cam has no change in the firmware version, please note I made sure to copy the correct file and could see LEDs flashing while updating the back cam, as expected, the firmware file from the MicroSD got removed after the update. Please see the attached screenshot.
The versions in your screenshot do not differ from the firmware versions on the offsite:
Front Cam Version: V1.2_0510
Rear Cam Version: V1.1_0120

Has anyone noticed better wifi downloading speed with the newest firmware?

According to our testing, the WiFi speed is much better than before. Normally for 2.4GHz WiFi, the downloading speed is between 1.5MB/s - 2.5MB/s.
The 0510 version is the latest.

I discovered that the T130 front camera has a new firmware available on the VIOFO website. I really dislike the four digit VIOFO firmware versioning because it uses only the month and day numbers when it was built which can occur in multiple years. Just as in this example, the "new" firmware is v1.2_0505, but the previous firmware version was v1.2_0815. The v1.2_0505 is actually newer than the v1.2_0815.

1692910076725.png

When you check in the firmware file for ASCII text strings (using the "strings" command and then "grep" for the year), you can see date strings which helps determine the true date of the file. The filename itself and the version string should include the year to make it clear when a firmware version was created for the dash camera.

Prior to this update, the "latest" production firmware versions were:

1692909187820.png

The VIOFO_T130_V1.2_0815 was a 2022 firmware file: One of the ASCII text strings in this front bin file shows:
1692909371808.png
The rear camera firmware file was also a 2022 firmware file. The ASCII text string in the rear bin file shows:
1692909409342.png

The new v1.2_0505 front camera firmware file shows up as this version in the VIOFO app:
1692909512097.png
The ASCII text string from the v1.2_0505 firmware file shows a 2023 date:
1692909620966.png

@viofo @VIOFO-Support please include a year in all VIOFO firmware version strings to avoid confusing version strings like in this most recent update for the T130!

I discovered that the T130 front camera has a new firmware available on the VIOFO website. I really dislike the four digit VIOFO firmware versioning because it uses only the month and day numbers when it was built which can occur in multiple years. Just as in this example, the "new" firmware is v1.2_0505, but the previous firmware version was v1.2_0815. The v1.2_0505 is actually newer than the v1.2_0815.

View attachment 67076

When you check in the firmware file for ASCII text strings (using the "strings" command and then "grep" for the year), you can see date strings which helps determine the true date of the file. The filename itself and the version string should include the year to make it clear when a firmware version was created for the dash camera.

Prior to this update, the "latest" production firmware versions were:

View attachment 67071

The VIOFO_T130_V1.2_0815 was a 2022 firmware file: One of the ASCII text strings in this front bin file shows:
View attachment 67072
The rear camera firmware file was also a 2022 firmware file. The ASCII text string in the rear bin file shows:
View attachment 67073

The new v1.2_0505 front camera firmware file shows up as this version in the VIOFO app:
View attachment 67074
The ASCII text string from the v1.2_0505 firmware file shows a 2023 date:
View attachment 67075

@viofo @VIOFO-Support please include a year in all VIOFO firmware version strings to avoid confusing version strings like in this most recent update for the T130!
Thanks for your reminder! We will add the year later. (y)

Back