the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

New video with the git2

that looks like a fun place to fly. what is it? some sort of parking lot?

how long have you been flying to get so smooth? what FC and firmware do you run? i'm only a little familiar with openpilot/librepilot as mine has a cc3d and that's what came on it. only done some minor tweaks as suggested in an rcgroups forum review of the RTF kit i bought.

that looks like a fun place to fly. what is it? some sort of parking lot?

how long have you been flying to get so smooth? what FC and firmware do you run? i'm only a little familiar with openpilot/librepilot as mine has a cc3d and that's what came on it. only done some minor tweaks as suggested in an rcgroups forum review of the RTF kit i bought.

Hi, it's a car parking (not working) and next to a park that is mostly not used, very calm so perfect to fly.

I use kiss fc with this machine, kiss fc uses a proprietary and closed fw.

Openpilot and librepilot are good to start but not to have the best advantage out of the craft. Search about betaflight and see how to install and set it up, it's amazing.

Last edited:
New fw 1.5 rocks. Low contrast I love it.
Settings used 1080p 4:3, low contrast, high bitrate, low sharpness.

Lost a lot of detail in youtube...
It's there any 1920x1440 60fps setting? I wish I could use the 4:3 to edit to 16:9 and get the same effect as gopro superview.

Hi, it's a car parking (not working) and next to a park that is mostly not used, very calm so perfect to fly.

I use kiss fc with this machine, kiss fc uses a proprietary and closed fw.

Openpilot and librepilot are good to start but not to have the best advantage out of the craft. Search about betaflight and see how to install and set it up, it's amazing.
since i have a cc3d, someone suggested i use cleanflight on it. i need to do a lot more research on what all the settings mean and how they affect the quad before i dive into tuning.

and really, i need to get a lot more flight time in before i bother tuning the quad. just like in auto racing - I need to work on the nut behind the wheel before I start modifying the car. :P

so after seeing one of @GhostMaster 's other videos on his YT channel, i asked about the OSD (on screen display) he was using. It's apparently a custom job from RedRotorRC where the OSD is integrated into the PDB so that it can give you instant readings of power draw as well as keep track of how much current has been used from the battery, as well as current voltage and the basic timer. only $30 or so - not bad.

kinda wish i hadn't already ordered a micro-minimosd and ftdi adapter... which just arrived today. but dang, this thing is TINY. it's almost exactly the same size as one of the keys on my keyboard! i'll have no trouble fitting this thing in between the layers of my quad. i won't have the power consumption readings of that OSD, but at least i'll have current voltage, timer, and wahtever else i want to configure using data it gets from the CC3D, such as artificial horizon, which i may or may not need. definitely need to leave the ftdi connector easily accessible so i can tweak it, since i have a feeling i'll be tweaking that a LOT more than i'll be tweaking settings in the cc3d itself.

It's only your fault @Gibson99, you told me about KingKong props, so after I have found a good deal on Banggood at around 10$ per a set of 10, I have also seen and bought this instead:

2x 10 props + a 300mm HEX frame, a mini power distribution board, V- antenna holders, 2x LED bars, and camera plate with dampers, all at 16.99$ :eek:.
I have already received the 2 extra motors and waiting for the ESC's to arrive. The small 250mm quad will get a facelift. I'm also doing a bit of experiment as I could not find a good deal on identical motors (or the price was to high) so I have bought a different brand but with the same specs 1806 / 2280 KV.

It's only your fault @Gibson99, you told me about KingKong props, so after I have found a good deal on Banggood at around 10$ per a set of 10, I have also seen and bought this instead:

2x 10 props + a 300mm HEX frame, a mini power distribution board, V- antenna holders, 2x LED bars, and camera plate with dampers, all at 16.99$ :eek:.
I have already received the 2 extra motors and waiting for the ESC's to arrive. The small 250mm quad will get a facelift. I'm also doing a bit of experiment as I could not find a good deal on identical motors (or the price was to high) so I have bought a different brand but with the same specs 1806 / 2280 KV.
if you were a true friend and addict, you'd share the link to your $17 kit. :P

i couldn't fly that one though - with as much as i still crash, i'd break the plastic arms in no time. i'm very glad mine is full carbon fiber. it's even survived a few hard crashes into concrete (and barely missed denting a neighbor's porsche - the quad actually ended up UNDER the porsche after it stopped bouncing/sliding). yes, the CF is chipped, but not cracked or broken. i sanded off the really rough parts so i don't get splinters (CF splinters are painful!) but otherwise it's fine. can't say the same for the batteries though...

also, $10 for a set of 10 pairs? the price has gone way up since i ordered some:

upload_2016-5-19_13-6-19.png

Those are big RC planes, but far from the biggest ones, but for 3D flying thats big.

I would love joystick control in my car, beside the steering wheel offcourse.
But just a small joystick on the center console so i could lean back and relax on those long boring streches of highway and motorways.

I would love joystick control in my car, beside the steering wheel offcourse.
But just a small joystick on the center console so i could lean back and relax on those long boring streches of highway and motorways.

Why lean back and relax when you could be leaning forward and driving with intensity and conviction? :D
And firing off photon torpedoes and other projectiles. :p

controller-steering-wheel.jpg

Why lean back and relax when you could be leaning forward and driving with intensity and conviction? :D
And firing off photon torpedoes and other projectiles. :p

View attachment 23231
My daddy always said, if you're gonna do something, do it right or don't do it at all!

2670C07500000578-2984561-image-a-33_1425821048646.jpg

Just found this awsome quadcopter video, extra cool if you are a star wars fan.

It has begun, bye bye 250mm quad, hello 300mm HEX
IMG_20160524_193555705.jpg IMG_20160524_203554848.jpg IMG_20160524_193555705.jpg IMG_20160524_203554848.jpg

Back