the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Just got the ZOHD Nano Talon which is a "Snap and Fly" plane that features an extremely quick way of assembly making it possible to be deployed in seconds. The plane also comes with a built in gyro stabilizer and V-tail mixer so you you will not need to fiddle with complicated transmitter setups while the gyro will help you learn to fly it easy. Last but not least the plane comes with a large internal bay accessible through no less than 3 different hatches and canopies making it very easy to work on and upgrade.

Here is 1st part of a series with the build & review.

The 2nd part of the ZOHD Nano Talon build & review series is now uploaded. Be sure to check it as I'm installing and configuring the receiver, gyro and setting the failsafe on a FlySky TX&RX kit which "usually" doesn't support this safety feature. The gyro also has a big advantage as you don't need to set any kind of v-tail mixes on your TX. You can also get the Nano Talon now cheaper with coupon: HTY9A from: HERE

Looking forward to the flight video

Looking forward to the flight video

I can barely wait myself, it was kind of awkward to balance as I'm way too nose heavy with this setup. I've even dropped the FPV so it will be LOS + plane footage

25659999_526285774395044_2963357317639778322_n.jpg

Make me think of ancient finds in pyramids that UFO people claim are models of planes.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/air.htm

Actually there are models of planes ... Not just in Egypt but also South America ...
I think we are being lied to about human history ..

I think we are currently on perhaps the 2nd or 3rd technological rise .. ( Reaching into space / Nuclear Power )

No way this is the first time we reached such heights ...

Could be if previous revisions of humans was as or maybe even more self destructive, then again if the previous revisions had the same perspective on their garbage as we have there really should be more traces of them.

Could be if previous revisions of humans was as or maybe even more self destructive, then again if the previous revisions had the same perspective on their garbage as we have there really should be more traces of them.
Thats just it !
There are traces of them - but people dismiss these traces !
The evidence is there , but what do you do when people stick their heads up their collective asses ?

Or actively try to dismiss or discredit evidence for such ... ( Advanced cultures in the past ) .. There is evidence all over the world .
There was a really interesting story from South America where a scientist proved ( ? ) that there was a culture going back much earlier than current BS says ...
Apparently they were carbon dating to 15,000 years or more ...
They have been banned from excavating the site , funding has stopped , and she has been frozen out from the mainstream academia .
So there is this push from the top to stop anyone proving that civilization began much earlier than 5 or 7 thousand years ago ..
Unfortunately sites all over the world are being dated to 12 or 15 thousand years , and you just don't hear much about that ...
And the sites that might go back even further than 15 thou are really not getting any publicity or funding or support , if anything they are being trivialized and simply ignored by the mainstream scientific community .
One simply has to wonder why ? What are the powers that be so afraid off ?

Is it that we humans already reached for the stars and failed ?
Is it that history repeats itself over and over because humans keep failing to learn from the past . Perhaps because we are doomed to fail again .. Because as a collective we are as stupid as a rabbit plague !

Yeah there is a lot of weird going on, like the red deer cave man in China.

But i am sure in a couple of 100,000 years time then i am sure you cant throw a stone and not hit garbage traces of us, but if they have been there that dont seem to be the case with other humans preceding us.
So maybe those other guys build in more fragile materials that are more volatile than what we deal with, maybe they came up with weapons so strong they literally blew them self off the face of the earth, along with most traces of them.
Maybe we are just a experiment, and the ones running it wipe the slate clean before they start a new one.
Maybe dark energy are just unrealized gravitational potential in a quantum state that have been there since our universe came to be with a set gravitational mass that's not fulfilled as enough heavy elements haven't been created yet.

There are a lot to ponder for the person that try to use his brain.

Whats interesting = Ice age ...
We must remember that 15 000 years ago we were going through massive change ... ( Melting ice , rising seas )

Where do humans build cities ? On coasts ...
Almost all the major cities in Australia are built on the coast ...
If the sea was to rise 100 meters they would all vanish under the sea ..

So if we want to find evidence of past civilizations ? Where do we look ? Yep , under water ...
Also , we humans tend to build over the top of older dwellings ...
I saw something recently where they dug bellow what they thought was the bottom level and found a even older level ..

So we tend to build new cities over old cities ...
And when they find a city under the ocean ? Well they say a Earthquake sunk it (?) , rather than perhaps consider that it might have been there since before the ice melted ...

Water levels have been significant lower for sure, you could almost walk over to Australia once, just like you almost could between the continent and England where dogger land was, now dogger bank for fishermen.

We Danes just got a bit wiser about us in the bronze age, with some skeleton finds that normally are rare from that time 1300 - 1500 years BC

Digging in my birth town ( second largest town here ) only bring finds dating back to the year 700, and up here you have to dig with your eyes closed, cuz if you dont you will find something and your building project will be delayed with at least a year.

Looking at our genes i think it tell that we Danes are people from the Ukrainian area that migrated up here as the ice melted, strictly hunter gathers as we was that a long time after people further south started farming.
This changed in the bronze age, as we was trading down south ( mainly amber ) and then was exposed to the more easy living down there.

IMGP2719.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/c1rj5d8vp/
Posting images seems a little ?? ATM

What came this morning .....
WL Toys 686k ( Quad )
WL A303 Buggy
WL K959 Buggy

Should I tell you guys how much it all cost ?
Well for better or worse , $35 Ozzi bananas to my door !
Thats right , all 3 combined = $35 ozzi bananas

The 686 was $9.99 ( How could I not buy it ? )
The A303 was $9.99 ( As above )
The K959 was $14.50 ( Yikes )

Seriously ?
I have already bound the 686 to my Taranis Q x7 VIA the IRX4+ multi protocol module ..
Seriously , one stable easy to fly quad I have to tell you .. ( $9.99 to my door )

IMGP2774.jpg

And so with the New Year just around the corner , the time of receiving is at an end !
Came this morning ...
I really - really don't think I should tell how little I spent on this lot ...
There is some serious fun for my money there ...
This 2017 Christmas has been a Christmas of plenty for me ( or should that be cheap ! )

The flight test of the Nano Talon is finally uploaded, this is not a "maiden" test as things didn't go as planed and at first lunch it ended with plowing the field with its nose. After some tweaks the plane flew absolutely superbly even in high wind conditions as the gyro did a great job. My only cons are that the plane needs more power if you plan on adding heavier gear to it but I'm going to let you discover more in the video below:

Interesting ...
Not sure ! But did the camera change CG ? ( Might account for the nose dive )

Could be COG and aerodynamics. How much stabilator ruddervator input is needed for level flight? If that is very far from neutral you increase drag and lose speed. Stabilators Ruddervators behave differently than the usual elevator-rudder systems and require clean airflow so affected aerodynamics is a higher possibility than usual ;)

Phil

Last edited:
Dont think the camera would affect a V tail so much ...
But certainly looks to be the CG being too far forward ...
When launching , it should not nose dive at the ground , it should go straight until it slows down enough to lose lift , then it should just lost height evenly .
Or just requiring a little elevator to keep the nose up ..

Very hard to fly a model with CG too far forward , or even too far back ..
The parts came for me to experiment with getting my DLG correctly balanced ..
Hmmmm , DLG !

Looking forward to trying DLG .

Imagine that plane being 1:1 and you sitting in it :eek:

Intel at it again with the drones.

Interesting ...
Not sure ! But did the camera change CG ? ( Might account for the nose dive )

Yes COG was properly adjusted

Could be COG and aerodynamics. How much stabilator ruddervator input is needed for level flight? If that is very far from neutral you increase drag and lose speed. Stabilators Ruddervators behave differently than the usual elevator-rudder systems and require clean airflow so affected aerodynamics is a higher possibility than usual ;)

Phil

I definitively felt a large difference between V-tail and the regular elevator-rudder system, the V-tail on this plane has a lot less authority when used as a rudder, it actually needs banked turned to do a sharp maneuver.

As for the plane, the camera had a big influence probably because of the aerodynamics and the extra weight, even if properly balanced the plane needed a cosntant high speed to keep altitude otherwise it would simply fly straight but loose altitude.

Back