THINKWARE F800 PRO

Still doesn't work with the updates in the UK. For me, having Wi-Fi on with parking mode would be an advantage, but it will probably mean it would use more power and drain the battery quicker. I am guessing I do not need to do anything with other SD cards that I use for the F800 Pro after updating the unit with the main SD card. I think I am going to leave the cloud part alone for a few days, weeks, months, however long it is going to take to get it right. I can't connect at all at the moment or confirm my account. I think my £30 camera connects to Wi-Fi in parking mode, very easily, so I can use that for now if I need to.

I can't believe after all of these years of using a dash cam, it has got to the point where I need to customise a camera set up to cover the whole vehicle in order to catch someone damaging the car and show every single detail to take it to court. Oh well. Off to work with my ideas.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this website for your input with the excellent Thinkware F800 Pro camera and in general with help in finding alternative camera set up ideas to help stop or catch criminals damaging a vehicle at night.

Just out of interest, is anyone using two dual Thinkware cameras (4 cams in total) in parking mode and if so would they be able to tell us an estimated time that the cameras would last in energy saving mode and time-lapse mode. I must admit I have never used the time-lapse mode as I don't think it records sound. If I had been using time-lapse mode to capture a recent crime then I wouldn't of stood a chance of proving to people what had happened.

Reading this through again, I guess it would depend on the vehicle battery.

Just out of interest, is anyone using two dual Thinkware cameras (4 cams in total) in parking mode and if so would they be able to tell us an estimated time that the cameras would last in energy saving mode and time-lapse mode. I must admit I have never used the time-lapse mode as I don't think it records sound. If I had been using time-lapse mode to capture a recent crime then I wouldn't of stood a chance of proving to people what had happened.

I think BBMC did a test using their Cellink B battery and the F800 last ~ 20 hours (estimated). My guess is that if you hook up 2 of them, my guess is that you will get ~ 10 h of use

I tried to test driving impact notification by setting continuous impact detection sensitivity to highest but it appear not possible to test just going over humps because it takes 3G or 4G to register as impact as per the updated user manual quoted below. That I cannot test :ROFLMAO::

6.6.2 Setting sensitivity for driving impact notification
You can set the detection sensitivity to notify you if an impact is detected while driving. Follow the
instructions to select a sensitivity for the driving impact notification.
1 From the mobile viewer, tap Dash Cam Settings > Network Function Settings.
2 From Driving Impact Notification, select the desired sensitivity. The new setting is applied
automatically.
1G: An acceleration of 1G equates to a rate of change in velocity of approximately 35 kilometres per hour (22
mph) for each second that elapses.
• Impact 1 = 3G
• Impact 2 = 4G

That's interesting. I had to set mine to low during continuous recording because it was constantly detecting bumps in the road when driving.

Maybe it depends on where the camera is positioned or the vehicle it is used in. The windscreen shape can vary between vehicles too.

That's interesting. I had to set mine to low during driving because it was constantly detecting bumps in the road.

Maybe it depends on where the camera is positioned or the vehicle it is used in. The windscreen shape can vary between vehicles too.

What I meant by above is that the 2 options setting for driving impact notification to trigger require a force of 3G or 4G to register as impact so only can be tested by a real accident.

I had mine set to lowest from mid after also experiencing trigger by humps. I'm worried it's too low so now testing low settings as well. But just for the above test, I set to highest only to realise it cannot be tested just by going over humps after reading the updated manual.

This is why night time clarity is important for criminal damage.
This video was not able to be used as evidence because it was not clear enough. The conclusion was that the police were not able to see the identity of the male and he wasn't actually seen making the scratch to the vehicle. That's life.

I know this is not exactly what you are asking but hope it gives you an idea: i've got an f750 & f770 dual in my car.

with a brand new car battery i managed to get a full 48hrs (max possible) out of parkmode, but i had to put battery cut off at the lowest point,
which not very good for the battery.

Also, as i drive only 40mns to work & 40mns back every day, the car never managed to recharge the battery fully , so usually i got max of 24hrs parking out of it.

i have now installed 2 cellink PRO's in my car and they easily give me the 48hrs. -( unfort thinkware still doesn't let us choose longer...)

see: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cellink-b-p-r-o.29869/

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We are now thinking outside of the box and have ended up looking at a completely different type of camera altogether to get what we want for night time filming.

Just letting people know that they need to change their settings again if they have updated the firmware. It automatically switches the parking mode off.

Going through the settings again made me wonder why you would want to overwrite an incident. Isn't that the whole point of the camera. Anyway, it has been noticed that the video quality is a bit washed out since the update. Not able to see number plates etc. Not sure if it is because the super night vision was switched off with the update or not. Also getting a strobe effect on the front camera when parked up at night. The rear camera is fine.

Car Battery test: I left my car standing for 4 days and I reset the camera after 48 hrs. I had the voltage set to 12v. The camera was set to energy saving mode. On the 4th day the car started, but the battery was starting to go flat. This now gives me a rough idea how long I can run the camera for before I need to charge the battery again.

Last edited:
I know this is not exactly what you are asking but hope it gives you an idea: i've got an f750 & f770 dual in my car.

with a brand new car battery i managed to get a full 48hrs (max possible) out of parkmode, but i had to put battery cut off at the lowest point,
which not very good for the battery.

Also, as i drive only 40mns to work & 40mns back every day, the car never managed to recharge the battery fully , so usually i got max of 24hrs parking out of it.

i have now installed 2 cellink PRO's in my car and they easily give me the 48hrs. -( unfort thinkware still doesn't let us choose longer...)

see: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cellink-b-p-r-o.29869/
You can choose longer by disabling recording time all together like this. It will give you unlimited time until battery dies
CFDC410B-FBCE-4F5B-A865-6CEFDCC65CF6.png

I'm well aware that his is an 800 forum, but but I replied to TJVideo who was asking who has TWO dual cams in his car.
As not many people have this, I replied " I know this is not exactly what you are asking but hope it gives you an idea: i've got an f750 & f770 dual in my car...."

I think I will need to get something sorted out with the battery side of things if I am to have TWO dual cameras, or more, in the car. I know where the cameras need to be positioned now. The Thinkware F800 Pro is probably my best option for the main camera and for parking mode. Thank you for giving me some good ideas on how to improve the length of time for recording.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It appears F800 Pro turns off hotspot/wifi during the parking mode.

So.. if I'm the only driver, all the cloud features are simply useless.. Why would I need geo fencing or accident notifications on my iPhone when I'm already in my car?
Well, maybe except when someone steals my car, or I want someone else monitor how I drive and where I am...?

Am I missing something? It seems totally useless at the moment.
I was expecting something similar to BlackVue Over the Cloud where you get a notification if something happens to your parked car..

Looking at the Thinkware website, I kind of doubt Thinkware will change this behaviour with firmware update..

Last edited:
There is a setting within the F800 Pro menu that the user can enable or disable remote monitoring. It is present in the most current firmware. I haven't have a chance to mess around with it so I don't know if it works or not.

I am hoping to play around with the camera at the weekend. A few things have changed since the upgrade. I will probably reset the camera and start again as I am not able to connect to the phone still.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It appears F800 Pro turns off hotspot/wifi during the parking mode.

So.. if I'm the only driver, all the cloud features are simply useless.. Why would I need geo fencing or accident notifications on my iPhone when I'm already in my car?
Well, maybe except when someone steals my car, or I want someone else monitor how I drive and where I am...?

Am I missing something? It seems totally useless at the moment.
I was expecting something similar to BlackVue Over the Cloud where you get a notification if something happens to your parked car..

Looking at the Thinkware website, I kind of doubt Thinkware will change this behaviour with firmware update..

When I pmed Thinkware Facebook administrator asking if WiFi is intentionally turned off in parking mode because Parking Incident Notifications is not available in firmware v1.01.01, this is his/her reply:

Parking Mode Incident notifications are not one of the three types of notifications included in this firmware update. The Thinkware Cloud feature currently offers Geofencing, Vehicle Locate, and Driving Impact notifications.

According to the following video below, the Pro will support:
  • Parking Incident Notifications (not available as of firmware v1.01.01)
  • Remote Live Streaming (not available as of firmware v1.01.01)
  • Geo Fencing (allows to set Geo Fencing radius and since it shows the vehicle location on map so probably the same as Vehicle Locate as well, available as of firmware v1.01.01)
  • Driving Report (not available as of firmware v1.01.01)
  • Emergency Alert (should be the same as Driving Impact Notifications, available as of firmware v1.01.01)

Though he/she did not directly addressed the WiFi and GPS turning off in parking mode, I guess it make sense not to turn it on now when the firmware and app do not support the features that requires them yet.

Last edited:
Back