Using 64GB SD card

We had issues with this card,

Thanks for the info. Please kindly elaborate further what issue you face by using Transcend. Please share.

I had been testing with couple of card and I found Transcend holding on so far the longest but will keep you all posted the result.

Thank you

Thanks for the info. Please kindly elaborate further what issue you face by using Transcend. Please share.

I had been testing with couple of card and I found Transcend holding on so far the longest but will keep you all posted the result.

Thank you

The cards would brick after short-term use / they could not be formatted or written to any more and had to be replaced.

We went through around 200 of these cards and around 70 had issues.

With the Pittasoft sd cards we have little issues now with 64gb.

he cards would brick after short-term use / they could not be formatted or written to any more and had to be replaced.

:(:( Too bad. By they way how long you try? Does it apply to 32GB too? I keep my eye on mine. Thank you very much

:(:( Too bad. By they way how long you try? Does it apply to 32GB too? I keep my eye on mine. Thank you very much

Exact time varies could be 2 weeks could be 2 months etc. I dont think it applies to 32gb cards.. Why don't you just use the proper card?

Why don't you just use the proper card?

Thank you for your information. I do Pittasoft BlackVue Card but 32GB. It is pricey as you mentioned. But now, better use as you recommended.

Thank you

Another vote for the Sandisk Endurance - been using the 64Gb for 2 weeks now - no issues

Exact time varies could be 2 weeks could be 2 months etc. I dont think it applies to 32gb cards.. Why don't you just use the proper card?

What about Lexar? I've heard good things about them. Especially from the GoPro users.

Summarising from my posts in another (older) thread:

I tried a Kingston 64GB and had issues "please check the SD card" messages (spoken by the Blackvue) not long after I purchased it. The same SD card works fine in the Lukas dashcam I have in another vehicle.

I was tossing up between a Transcend or double-the-price Pitasoft 64GB card, and went for the Transcend, which has worked flawlessly for 4 months, with some recent days over 30 degrees (outside ambient temperature so far - it will get to over 40 in the coming months - and we know how hot the things get sitting in direct sunlight at the top of the windscreen!)

I wish it would take 128GB cards (has anyone tried, just to see if it would work?) I suspect it might be an issue due to the high number of files generated - but setting the clips to 3minute length instead of 1minute length would 1/3 the number of files in one folder (if the file number was an issue).

Actually someone used a 128gb card and it has worked for him so its possible

Actually someone used a 128gb card and it has worked for him so its possible

Was that someone on this forum? I did a search and read several threads but couldn't find anyone reported using a 128GB card.

Was that someone on this forum? I did a search and read several threads but couldn't find anyone reported using a 128GB card.
No it was on another forum but not a dashcam forum

Found some...

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=202

http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=45843

Some retailers/resellers are claiming the latest DR650GW-2ch supports 128GB too.

We won't be making this statement until we have sourced the appropriate SD cards and carried out extensive testing.

We are keen to try out the Sandisk Endurance 128gb model when it is released early next year. Again this is the only major brand that has actually made a card they promote to use in dash cameras. Their regular models and other brands are not designed for it.

Found another SD card Specifically made for dash cams / video recording.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/high-endurance-microsd

SANDISK ENDURANCE
  • Ideal for dash cams and home video monitoring cameras
  • Specially developed for high endurance applications
  • Up to 10,000 hours of Full HD video recording (64GB) and up to 5,000 hours of Full HD video recording (32GB)
  • Built for and tested in harsh conditions: Temperature-proof, shock-proof, waterproof
  • Class 10 for Full HD video (1080p) recording and playback

Proven tough in extreme conditions
    Proven to operate in temperatures from-25C to +85C2. SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Cards work in all weather, from desert heat to winter cold. And it’s rigorously tested and proven to stand up to shock, water and x-rays2 to give you the durability you need.

Some retailers/resellers are claiming the latest DR650GW-2ch supports 128GB too.
It is correct. Mine local dealer say the same. I am going to purchase a SD card from Blackvue and purchase another Transcend 128GB and check it out. Let you guys know next week Friday.

The forum from the Blackvue distributor in the UK was helpful -- I have the blackvue SD Card 32 GB and it works great -- I also purchased a Lexar 64GB 300x 45MB/s microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 (ranked # 2 on this UK forum) - and works nice too...I also formatted the card from the SD Card Association (see link below)and they recommend using the free formatter download to format the card and overwrite it.

Not sure if anyone has used this site -- they do not recommend using your own PC formatter (in my case my macbook pro Disk Utility) --I tried it on the Lexar and works great too...

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=220

It is correct. Mine local dealer say the same. I am going to purchase a SD card from Blackvue and purchase another Transcend 128GB and check it out. Let you guys know next week Friday.

BlackVue will be releasing a 128gb card in the next month or so, would recommend waiting for that and not risking it with a Transcend.

Back